• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:02 AM

I agree Barend, I fully agree...

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

thankyou.

...you just can't throw anything you like into a prequel. the shits gotsta match the @#$% up!

i mean, i like bacon, i like oysters, but i wouldn't stick the two in a gin & tonic!

you'd think think that with years of people saying "i loved it when this..." and "i loved it when that..." to Lucas all the time, that he would remember the OT just a little. especially after going over them twice to throw shit in...

#18 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Nov 15 2005, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in no way did annie look dead. i don't understand why obi didn't finish him off. considering their relationship thoughout AOTC, it seemed clear than anikan had no respect for obiwan and obi was nothing but frustrated and dissapointed with anikan...

Lucas totally failed to establish the friendship between the two characters, then expected us to swallow the results of the friendship we never saw.

Let's look at this in retrospect... Obi-Wan is a Jedi. Anakin is a Sith Apprentice. Jedi are the peacekeepers of the old Republic. Sith are evil sentient beings who crave power through any means possible. Jedi are taught to be defensive and use their powers in protection and defense, only. Sith are taught to be hell-bent for destruction. Why would Obi-Wan want to kill Anakin because he was, as you put it, nothing but frustrated and disappointed with Anakin? It goes against Obi-Wan's training, his upbringing, and everything the Jedi exist for.

Lucas didn't fail to establish the friendship between the two characters. We see in Episode II they are beginning to become good friends. They are inseparable, like brothers. Anakin is bold and aggressive, while Obi-Wan is calm and conservative. They counteract each other's abilities and weaknesses. Lucas showed the friendship and it is established in Episode II and III. We don't get the background establishment of the friendship in the movie. It's in the books.

Before you say, Oh no another novelization expert, or try to bash the PT with no remorse or merit, don't you think it's kinda funny GL didn't put Han Solo in the end of Episode III? Lucas has ALWAYS left character development in the hands of the authors of the novels. Why are books so much better than movies? It's because in movies, you have an hour and a half to try to cram in as much of the important events. In books, you can cram all the information you want in them, depending on the amount of detail you want to write about. Stop slamming these movies because Lucas left them full of gaps. You have to leave gaps if you make films. It is a necassary evil. Nobody has enough of an attention span to watch a 6 hour long movie that fills you in on all the boring details along with the few climactic scenes. By the time you get to an exciting part, most people either pass out from boredom, or stop watching the movie altogether. Seriously, is the SW saga really that bad?

#19 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 1 2006, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, is the SW saga really that bad?

No, not the saga.

And to refute your statement. On average movies are around two hours long. The Lord of the Rings movies were at least three hours each. The special editions of those movies are closer to four hours each. People sat through the originals in the theater, and the special editions at home. Yes they could pause the special editions, but it's not like they would pause them for a couple of hours and then finish them.

Oh, and I am sorry to say that I, a person that loves to read (and has read plenty of earlier Star Wars books), had absolutely no interest in picking up any of the books based around the PT. What was in the movies to make me want to read the book and find out that Obi-wan and Anikin actually did have a real friendship? One that could not even be seen in any of the three films.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#20 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

We don't get the background establishment of the friendship in the movie. It's in the books.

If I can't get everything I need to know in the movies, then the movies failed. If I have to read a book to get what should have been in the movies, then the movies failed. And the book gets tossed out the window. angry.gif

#21 User is offline   Harmonica Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

Indeed, the movies did fail. Crashed and burned in full (but rather tacky-looking) CGI glory. And given that Lucas has quite clearly and unequivocally drawn the line in the sand that the Expanded Universe and the movies are two completely different storylines and universes, all going in different directions, it seems particularly odd trying to use the EU to justify any of his actions. Kinda makes me yearn for the days of the Bantam novels, before the Prequels came along and did to their carefully constructed continuity what Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi did to Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

#22 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Mar 1 2006, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not the saga.

And to refute your statement. On average movies are around two hours long. The Lord of the Rings movies were at least three hours each. The special editions of those movies are closer to four hours each. People sat through the originals in the theater, and the special editions at home. Yes they could pause the special editions, but it's not like they would pause them for a couple of hours and then finish them.

Oh, and I am sorry to say that I, a person that loves to read (and has read plenty of earlier Star Wars books), had absolutely no interest in picking up any of the books based around the PT. What was in the movies to make me want to read the book and find out that Obi-wan and Anikin actually did have a real friendship? One that could not even be seen in any of the three films.

Well excuse me for owning a vast amount of 95 minute long films. I do have exceptions to that rule including the LOR Trilogy, but most of my DVD collection is comprised of films that range from 95 minutes to 110 minutes long. What I meant was this: There aren't too many directors out there that would even bother putting enough background into a movie to make it into a 3 hour long epic. Let me re-iterate: There are only a select few that bother putting all the boring details in. Does anybody know Wolverine's history? Hell, Wolverine still isn't exactly sure of his past. X Men was a pretty good film for being based off of a comic book. Well, Han Solo doesn't know much of his history, either. He has an idea where he came from, but that's it. Did Lucas put Solo's background in any of the SW films? I don't think so. Why? I think Kevin Smith got it right. The whole six movie saga is about Anakin's rise, fall, and eventual redemption. Anakin/Darth Vader is the star of the entire saga. These movies aren't intended to give you everybody else's background. They're just supporting characters. Nobody really gives a rat's ass about Anakin's friendship with Obi-Wan. It's not important. It is a mundane detail and I think Lucas showed us they had become friends, and that's all we needed to know. I don't think we needed to see the Clone Wars in great detail, either. All we know is the Clone Wars took place, and that's enough to let us know what's going on.

The reason you have no need to read the novels taking place between the films is because you hate the PT. I understand completely. I even understand why you hate the PT. It's because you don't understand the PT. You are dumbfounded at the fact that this is what GL handed you. You probably hate Lucas for that. I don't comprehend why some people back up their offense on these films with knowledge pertaining to the novels (and I include EVERY novel ever written about SW) and turn around and declare the novels having no bearing on the films whatsoever when the films are being defended. Why do people argue just to argue. It's a contradiction in and of itself. I don't understand why people defend the OT and attack the PT. Sure, the PT's got its faults, I can't deny that. So does the OT. Especially ROTJ. Ben Kenobi became quite the compulsive liar in his afterlife... from a certain point of view. Why can't people accept the fact that while the PT is full of gaping plot holes, the OT is full of them as well? What's more... why can't people accept the fact that these are Hollywood movies and not religious doctrine? Ok, so you hate the PT. Give in to your hatred... it's ok. Look what happened to Anakin. He killed women and children, killed his wife, killed Count Dooku, killed Asajj Ventress, killed the Separatist leadership, killed his former Jedi Master... but he still had a little good in him. In the end, he saves the day, but then again... he died. Ok, so it's not all peaches and cream, but this is Anakin's story. It's a tragedy. It's not meant to be funny... it's kinda like an other-worldly Romeo and Juliet... with a hint of 50's sci-fi shows mixed in... and a little kung fu action... and some religious idealism... and some political idealism... I think George Lucas threw everything in except for the kitchen sink. Oh, wait... he did throw the kitchen sink in there, too. I almost forgot about the ROTS easter eggs. So, Lucas put a little of everything in there. What's not to like? It's still the number one collection of movies... of all time. It even beat out the Godfather trilogy. I think some people have issues that need to be resolved. I think some people can't understand things when they are sitting right in front of their faces. It's like people sitting at a four way stop... I think they're waiting for either the sign to turn green, or they're waiting for a written invitation. Anyone want to know why Bush is in office? Go sit and watch a four way stop for 95 to 110 minutes (the approximate length of the average film) and you'll get your answer. As a comedian once said, "The square root of 69 is 8 something". If you don't get it, it means you don't get it.

#23 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

The EU is secondary to the films. You shouldn’t have to read the shoddy novels to understand the movies, just like you shouldn’t have to watch to clone wars cartoons to understand AOTC or ROTS. Stop making excuses for GL. Your time will be better served inserting slivers of wood into your eyes and dancing a jig to that song Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners.

#24 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Mar 2 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody really gives a rat's ass about Anakin's friendship with Obi-Wan. It's not important.

I can say without error that every critic of the PT on this board wanted to see the Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship. Why? Because Obi-Wan in ANH mentioned it. Everything we thought Anakin was came from that little talk in a little hut in the middle of the Jundland Wastes. He thought it was important enough to mention Luke, so we thought it was important to Anakin's history.

The reason you have no need to read the novels taking place between the films is because you hate the PT. I understand completely. I even understand why you hate the PT. It's because you don't understand the PT.

#10 and #8 of my top 10 gusher cliches. "The storyline was too complex and subtle for most people to understand" and “You PT haters are closed-minded.” You managed to get two in one shot! biggrin.gif

You are dumbfounded at the fact that this is what GL handed you. You probably hate Lucas for that. I don't comprehend why some people back up their offense on these films with knowledge pertaining to the novels (and I include EVERY novel ever written about SW) and turn around and declare the novels having no bearing on the films whatsoever when the films are being defended.

They don't have a bearing on the films beyond muddying the waters, or purposely confounding the "all EU, all the time" completists. They don't even match up to the final film in many cases. Since the writers have no idea how the final film will turn out (when GL is turned loose in the editing room, look out), so they're given a late draft of the script to work from. The only reason I look in the novelization is for little tidbits (re: "dirt") that won't change what I know about the movies. I don't go in there looking to understand anything I didn't get on the screen.

Ben Kenobi became quite the compulsive liar in his afterlife... from a certain point of view.

You don't undercut your characters like that. There was no reason to paint Ben as a liar. All our information on what happened pre-Empire was based on him. If we can't trust him, we can't trust any of the characters.

#25 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

Dude, you know what you should watch some of, movies directed by the likes of Alfred Hitchcock, John Ford, Orsen Welles (Citizen Kane), Akira Kurosawa, etc. Now, I may be wrong, but you can't even find shit that's wrong in their films. Now, did the OT trilogy beat out the Godfather trilogy, or the PT (This should be a rhetorical question)?

Anyways, background for Han Solo:
He is a smuggler
Haggles the price of the trip with Ben and Luke
Just blows Greedo away, not waiting for the poor bastard to fire a shot.
Blasted his way out of Mos Eisley

Man, this guy looks kinda like the Star Wars version of a mob soldier. He ain't exactly a law abiding citizen, that's for sure. And that's just a little bit of the first film.

Point is, you don't have to put in all of those extraneous background details to build character in a character, just the important ones (or to even give people a rough idea of their background). The things that are extra in ANH while being only slighty off topic help to paint a universe that has been in existence. That was precisely the point of doing so.

And no, I don't absolutely abhor the PT, it had its moments + John Williams's music, which was brilliant as ever.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 02 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#26 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Mar 2 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, you know what you should watch some of, movies directed by the likes of Alfred Hitchcock, John Ford, Orsen Welles (Citizen Kane), Akira Kurosawa, etc. Now, I may be wrong, but you can't even find shit that's wrong in their films. Now, did the OT trilogy beat out the Godfather trilogy, or the PT (This should be a rhetorical question)?

The entire saga beat out the Godfather Trilogy. I don't get in to older movies, with the exception of the OT... and every now and then the classic anime like Akira or Ninja Scroll. There are always going to be flaws in movies... no matter how mundane we view them, there will always be flaws. There is no perfect movie. It doesn't exist, and if it does... I'd like to see it.

Anyways, background for Han Solo:
He is a smuggler
Haggles the price of the trip with Ben and Luke
Just blows Greedo away, not waiting for the poor bastard to fire a shot.
Blasted his way out of Mos Eisley

Man, this guy looks kinda like the Star Wars version of a mob soldier. He ain't exactly a law abiding citizen, that's for sure. And that's just a little bit of the first film.

Little bit more background for Han Solo:

Yes, he is a smuggler... now.
He was an Imperial cadet with good standing.
He freed Chewbacca from Imperial slavers because he hated slavery.
This doesn't necessarily constitute Han Solo as a mob soldier... more like a humanitarian (Wookieetarian).
He freed Bria Tharen from her slavery on Ylesia from the t'landa Til.
Sure... NOW, he may not be a law abiding citizen, but he has completely done a 180 from how he used to be. The only reason he's so good at smuggling is because of his life as a young boy... that's all he knew was to steal from people and cheat people out of money. He was "adopted" for lack of a better word by a very crime-oriented organization through Garris Shrike and his brother, Larrad. They taught him how to beg, steal, lie, and whatever was necessary to swindle people out of more money. He's not necessarily a bad person, he's been raised that way.

Point is, you don't have to put in all of those extraneous background details to build character in a character, just the important ones (or to even give people a rough idea of their background). The things that are extra in ANH while being only slighty off topic help to paint a universe that has been in existence. That was precisely the point of doing so.

And no, I don't absolutely abhor the PT, it had its moments + John Williams's music, which was brilliant as ever.

That's my point, all along, Zatoichi. And you have to admit that there are a lot of elements of the PT that are just as exciting as elements of the OT. All in all, the whole SW saga is a great series of movies. I just hope that people would realize this point and stop bashing every element of the PT simply because there may be a few flaws. There are just as many flaws in the OT. There are just as many flaws in every other film ever made... the ones in SW are just more obvious.

Speaking of which... how many people actually like Britney Spears because of her music? I don't know too many personally and I can't help but wonder if it's because her music is either crappy, or if it's because it's over-polished commercial pop that keeps getting played over and over again, until it brainwashes everyone into believing it's actually good. I have a lot of problems, such as this, with all these new bands that keep popping up. I don't like the whole pop genre. It sounds too "perfect" and free of emotion. In-human. I think the PT is a lot like this in respect to the special effects... but what it makes up for in FX, it lacks in plot. Makes it seem raw and unpolished to me. I dunno... maybe that's why I like the PT so much is because I can spot the mistakes so obviously... as opposed to movies where I can't easily find too many flaws.

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Let's look at this in retrospect... Obi-Wan is a Jedi. Anakin is a Sith Apprentice. Jedi are the peacekeepers of the old Republic. Sith are evil sentient beings who crave power through any means possible. Jedi are taught to be defensive and use their powers in protection and defense, only. Sith are taught to be hell-bent for destruction. Why would Obi-Wan want to kill Anakin because he was, as you put it, nothing but frustrated and disappointed with Anakin? It goes against Obi-Wan's training, his upbringing, and everything the Jedi exist for.

Why would Obi-Wan want to kill Anakin?

because Yoda told him too...
because he killed all the children at jedi elementary...
because he served a war mongerer...
because he betrayed the order...
because he killed the head of the order...
because he never listened to damn thing he was told...
becuase he insulted the order when they allowed him in...
because he turned his back on so much trust and faith put in him, he spat in the faces of so many that loved him and for what? the affection of some politician...

but mostly because of that 'i'll kill you if you don't join me' crap.

Lucas didn't fail to establish the friendship between the two characters. We see in Episode II they are beginning to become good friends. They are inseparable, like brothers. Anakin is bold and aggressive, while Obi-Wan is calm and conservative. They counteract each other's abilities and weaknesses. Lucas showed the friendship and it is established in Episode II and III. We don't get the background establishment of the friendship in the movie. It's in the books.

"We see in Episode II they are beginning to become good friends."

where?

"We don't get the background establishment of the friendship in the movie."

but, you just said we did!

"It's in the books.."

oh christ...

like the books that said jabba was a man only years earlier?
or the ones that said the clones were made from various jedi?
or the countless others that lucas okayed before eventually retracting their relevance by directly contradicting them?

if that were the case, the films were grossly mislabled...

perhaps instead of 1,2, and 3...

they should have been called 1, 5, 19, to leave space for the books and cartoons.
i've more than previously covered this terrirtory...

besides which, the podrace may have been better suited to the book world... to make room for important things.

Before you say, Oh no another novelization expert, or try to bash the PT with no remorse or merit, don't you think it's kinda funny GL didn't put Han Solo in the end of Episode III? Lucas has ALWAYS left character development in the hands of the authors of the novels. Why are books so much better than movies? It's because in movies, you have an hour and a half to try to cram in as much of the important events. In books, you can cram all the information you want in them, depending on the amount of detail you want to write about. Stop slamming these movies because Lucas left them full of gaps. You have to leave gaps if you make films. It is a necassary evil. Nobody has enough of an attention span to watch a 6 hour long movie that fills you in on all the boring details along with the few climactic scenes. By the time you get to an exciting part, most people either pass out from boredom, or stop watching the movie altogether. Seriously, is the SW saga really that bad?

i wasn't about to call you an expert... and my arguments have been far from "without merit".

"You have to leave gaps if you make films?"

maybe stuff like people going to the toilet or sleeping for 8 hours, not stuff like WHO THE FUCK IS GENERAL GREVIOUS!

"You have to leave gaps if you make films. It is a necassary evil. Nobody has enough of an attention span to watch a 6 hour long movie that fills you in on all the boring details along with the few climactic scenes. By the time you get to an exciting part, most people either pass out from boredom, or stop watching the movie altogether."

eps 1-3 are 6 hours...

'tai-chi master' with jet li successfully tells a story of two friends forced to fight in an hour and a half.. why couldn't lucas do it 6 hours?

a film is meant to be a story, a trilogy is a longer story...

little bits and pieces in comics, books, and cartoons, is outrageous. if you call yourself a film maker or story teller and you need 4 damn mediums to tell the story (most of which you'll later discredit anyway) you're an idiot.

4-6 seem to be fully capable of telling their story without additional material (or inserts).

i enjoyed those films without havening to look elsewhere... and additional material back then was just for fun, and not missing foundation.

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:56 PM

"Nobody really gives a rat's ass about Anakin's friendship with Obi-Wan. It's not important. It is a mundane detail

it's not much of a story if there's no reason for people to be fighting...

i see now by this statement, that you would have been happy if the film was no dialoge at all, and had heaps of unestablished characters popping out from every corner to fight the 'good guys' for the duration of the film.

hey, good for you. you like explosions and flashing lights...
why didn't you just say so...

i wouldn't have wasted all this time...

i mean, here we are discussing how poor these films are for lacking substance when by definition of 'prequal' they are there to provide BACKSTORY to an already popular film trilogy, when we should all just shut up and consider ourselves wrong because YOU don't happen to think story is important to a STORY!!!!

why are you even arguing? Our hole 'argument' is that the problem of these films is that were made strictly for people who aren't into story or substance or anything but bright colors and directionless action, like you.

why do you care what we think? you're being catered too... we're the ones missing out...

why does that upset you?

This post has been edited by barend: 05 March 2006 - 10:56 PM

#29 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 5 2006, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Nobody really gives a rat's ass about Anakin's friendship with Obi-Wan. It's not important. It is a mundane detail

You apparently misunderstood why I quoted this. The story behind ALL six movies is about Anakin. GL admitted that much. It is a mundane detail in comparison to all of the other details in the films. Just like Jar Jar is a mundane detail. The only reason he existed was to hand over control to Palpatine. There are bigger details, like the Clone creation and the Republic being under the influence of a Sith Lord. If you didn't see how Anakin and Obi-Wan were becoming friends in the films then you missed it. That's why it is a mundane detail. It gets overlooked by people that despise the PT. I recognized a connection from the get-go... why do other people dismiss this? I guess GL should have put neon signs on their foreheads pointing at one another that repititiously flash "FRIENDS". That would definitely clear things up nicely.

These movies have such an enormous back story and so many supporting characters that it would be impossible... or improbable to put every little detail in these films. If Lucas was concerned with putting every possible detail in the films, each movie would be more than 6 hours long. Let's all bash Lucas for not making 6 hour long movies! Let's ridicule his vision because he only clued us in on certain details! To be honest... yes, I like explosions and flashing lights, but I'm a man. I like seeing things blown up. If you say you don't, you're lying to yourself. The reason I'm argueing is because these films have just enough story and substance to keep your attention for at least 2 hours. If Lucas were to put more detail into each film, how long do you personally think you could sit and watch them? Three hours per film? Five? Get real. What's done is done and I think Lucas did what he could attempting to cram days of writing into a 2 hour format. I know I couldn't have done better myself, so why do you think you could? I know from personal experience how hard it is to cram several hours worth of writing into even a 5 minute format for animation work. I'm hard pressed to figure out what was so wrong with the PT. The OT has just as many holes, but they are put on a pedestal as being superior to the prequels. I think ESB was the best SW movie, but I can't stand the SE crap, and I loathe the Ewoks. I've read many of complaints about the PT and about 10% of them are valid reasons to hate the PT. The other 90% of these nitpicks are futile, either because of personal opinion, or because nobody can take an opinion of their own, so they borrow everyone else's opinions. I'm only curious as to why these films are being bashed as persistent as they are, when there seems to be no explanation other than "there are a lot of things about the PT that I think suck". That's the only reason I argue my point. Why do we oppose war only in times of war? Most people in these forums would answer, "because war is bad". Ok. Why? "Because I don't think there's enough of a background story behind it." The SW saga isn't full of holes because of shoddy writing skills, it's full of holes to keep you guessing. To make you think... what if? It's excellent story-telling. I'm a fan of TLOTR films, too. Excellent story-telling. The difference? Peter Jackson directed every little amount of detail he could put in those movies making them each 3 hours long. I'm willing to bet there will be no more LOTR movies released... at least not by Peter Jackson. I'm also under the impression Lucas will not release any further SW titles on the big screen... there's always other directors, though. I didn't say I'm right and you're all wrong. That is entirely based on opinion. I personally hated Hero with Jet Li. It's all in subtitles, and I hate having to read subtitles through the duration of an entire film. However, if you watch this movie and you miss any subtitling that is important, you miss part of the plot. I leave you with one last question. What is the most significant reason you hate the PT?

#30 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:42 AM

WHy not hate it?
OH NO!!!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply