Chefelf.com Night Life: Who would make a good president???? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Who would make a good president????

#16 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

Not to seem to cocky but id make a great president.

Vote for me in 2024! I'll either invade other countries or spread peace and prosperity abroad depending on the crowd im talking too!

This post has been edited by Renegade: 02 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:27 AM

Not to self: Buy sniper rifle by 2024

Sub note: Buy two, just incase the first one dosn't do the trick.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:06 AM

Note: JM will be the first and second gun man on the grassy nole.

Note: Get rich off book "I know who did it"

Note: Start learning how to write a book.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#19 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:09 AM

As if im gonna be outside with the commoners neway

#20 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:28 AM

you will have to at some time or another
OH NO!!!

#21 User is offline   Al Creed Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:43 AM

Jon Stewart.

Also, I'd like to add that, even though I consider myself left of centre, it's good to know that the Neoconservative movement hasn't irradicated real, fiscal conservatives. They're much more reasonable.

As well, putting robots in one's cabinet is just opening the door for Robocracy.

This post has been edited by Al Creed: 03 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

#22 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:47 AM

John Stewart would be a good president. I love that guy's show.
OH NO!!!

#23 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:40 AM

Like several others, I would choose myself. I'm not going to put all of the reasons why down just yet, but here are some.

Healthcare
All healthcare will run and paid for by the government. That means, no one will have to pay for healthcare anymore, hospitals will be run by the government (not a board of directors), there will be no need for health insurance companies (who are probably ripping most people off anyways), and pharmaceutical companies will be run by the government (there will be a concentrated effort to find cures for things, cures that may already exist will be revealed, all medicines will be one brand, the one that works the best). All supplies and personnel will be paid for and by the government. Furthermore, it will be the law to donate organs upon death, that way no one has to wait to get an organ transplant. Blood must be donated by anyone who is eligible every couple of years at least, that way there will more than enough to go around. The only large amount of jobs lost are those working in health insurance companies, everyone else will become government employees. Also, companies would no longer have the excuse of firing so many people to deny them benefits, another bonus. These things apply to all fields of healthcare. I believe that there are a lot of kinks that would need to be worked out in this plan, but that it would definitely be a step in the right direction. I like this idea especially because it would rid us of one, possibly two kinds of insurance companies. Which are in my oppinion are leeches on society.

Education
All education will be run by the government, including colleges. They will not be run for making money anymore, they will be run specifically to help educate the populace if they desire the learning. If anyone desires to run a private school, they can do it, and completely pay for everything themselves (no more taxpayer money going to them). Education will no longer be run by the state, only influenced by it. That way everyone is getting more of an equal opportunity, and funds can be diverted to where they are necessary. There will be no more standardized testing, and they way grades work and such, will be changed. For example, GPA's are actually stupid, and most people who look at them don't actually know what they mean. I'm not saying that they don't know what it stands for, but it is actually grades in various different classes summed and put into one number (if you don't think that this is a stupid practice, think about it some more). Education will return to being about finding out what you like, what you're good at, and how you can benefit yourself and society as a whole. It is also proven that the more education a person receives and the more interaction one has with those of other races, that person will be less inclined towards racism and prejudice which leads to less discrimination. Obviously, these reforms would greatly benefit society. Very few people would lose their jobs.

Military
We will pull out of anywhere where the general populace does not wish to have us there. Unless they are truly being used for something of importance, all military bases will be sold for a fair price to their respective countries. Almost all military personnel will be brought home. The rest will be stationed at US embassies, which will also be reinforced. The military will concentrate on better training. All defense companies will be run by the government. That way there is a concentrated effort, quite possibly less subterfuge, and no great wasting of taxpayer's funds (By paying defense contractors ridiculous sums of money). Any wasteful and any morally wrong military projects will be ended. Being in the military will once again be an honored and greatly valued position, both to people that are our citizens, and to those that are not. Any moves on the international level will be done through the UN. Also, everything the military needs will be provided by government factories, no one else unless there is a great need (such as another World War).

Foreign Aid
We will no longer give money to the governments of other countries, we will go there and help the populace obtain higher standards of living, better education, healthcare, better housing, better water supply, better food, and higher crop yields. Motions will be made to preserve wildlife and environments. Not only will these things help other countries and environments, who would honestly attack a country that helps the populace for free? We would gain many third world countries as actual allies and their populaces would love us. Also, if country begins to commit acts that we feel are morally wrong, we will just pull out. Because the populace loves us, they will understand that what their government is doing is wrong and move for changes to be made. Anywhere where the populace genuinely desires our aid, we will give it to them.

Space Program
It will be put on hold. They will be given enough funds to run efficiently, but no more special projects will be allowed for the time being. The people here have wasted virtually billions of taxpayer money on absolutely retarded mistakes. You would think that whole groups of scientists and engineers would not be so stupid. Funds that would normally go to them for the time being would be used to improve things elsewhere.

Living conditions of the poor
A concentrated effort will be made by the government to feed, clothe, and house these people (they already receive free healthcare). During that time they will receive a better education, and get jobs and such. Eventually they will benefit society, and we will no longer truly have a poor population. In our country at least, we can make a place where people do not go without food and care.

That is all for now, I shall have more reforms in a bit. If anyone would like to comment, please do so. I think that all of these things would take away power from the corrupt and give it back to the people.
copywright Zatoichi 2005
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#24 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:37 AM

First and foremost... It's "Copyright." It might not work unless you spell it right. tongue.gif

Secondly, one can't donate organs when he dies, as the organs need to be living/taken immediately. One donates when he is on life support and they take him off of it. You can't just die and then they harvest your body... Though it's a nice idea. I do love the blood donation idea, though it may be a bit much to require it--maybe provide some incentive to do it (more than just a t-shirt and a cookie)? And what about people that are deathly afraid of needles? Poor souls. Actually, that would be pretty hilarious...

Also, free healthcare and college (though I'm not sure if you meant college to be free) means killer taxes.

And the "free healthcare" that the poor receive is a load of bullshit. If they do happen to be able to access it, it sucks cold, clammy, monkey testicles.

Your country is quite the ideal, Z--which is why it'd never work. You have the ENTIRE US government to deal with. The president does not have as much power as people credit him with. You could propose these ideas, but that's about it. Unless you completely took over, everyone else would have their way and not like you, to boot (for trying to ruin their nice little pocket-padding system).

It also seems like you're putting a lot of power in the hands of the government (they completely run healthcare, education, etc). It would be fine if people didn't suck and we could trust them to run things like you say they'd be run, but in reality, these things would be corrupted, and we couldn't do anything about it.

Nice ideas, though; for a perfect world. Maybe someday, Z! biggrin.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#25 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone said Noam Chomsky?

Noam Chomsky.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#26 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

I think it'd be amusing to throw in a Tri-Delta alum or some other sorority slut and see how far down the country goes.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#27 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:52 PM

First and foremost... It's "Copyright." It might not work unless you spell it right. tongue.gif

I made a boo boo

Secondly, one can't donate organs when he dies, as the organs need to be living/taken immediately. One donates when he is on life support and they take him off of it. You can't just die and then they harvest your body... Though it's a nice idea.

Are you sure? I thought they did it right after you had just died (and I mean right after, this is what I meant). I'll look into this in greater detail and find out exactly what they do. It really would be great for anyone waiting on an organ donation list (or whatever it's called).

Also, free healthcare and college (though I'm not sure if you meant college to be free) means killer taxes.

Not really, billions of dollars have been wasted on our space programs. One example that can be easily pointed out is that they forgot to change between metrics and Old English. Other funds could be diverted from the military where they are definately not needed. There are other places where taxpayer money is completely wasted or used to line people's pockets that could be used. Also, the only people who should be paying greater taxes are the wealthy.

And the "free healthcare" that the poor receive is a load of bullshit. If they do happen to be able to access it, it sucks cold, clammy, monkey testicles.

I mean everyone getting the same. It is a system they have in Canada, Cuba, and other countries. The counries that do have it haven't gotten rid of it yet, so I suppose that it is working.

Your country is quite the ideal, Z--which is why it'd never work. You have the ENTIRE US government to deal with. The president does not have as much power as people credit him with. You could propose these ideas, but that's about it. Unless you completely took over, everyone else would have their way and not like you, to boot (for trying to ruin their nice little pocket-padding system).

I'm not finished yet, and I am not sure as to how most of this would be accomplished even. I am quite sure that Bush (or whoever controls what he does) is running the country because the Republican Party basically controls all three branches of government. Bush is also the supposed head of the Republican Party. I'd say that is quite a lot of power there. Therefore I believe that it is quite possible and not just ideal, but impossible.

It also seems like you're putting a lot of power in the hands of the government (they completely run healthcare, education, etc). It would be fine if people didn't suck and we could trust them to run things like you say they'd be run, but in reality, these things would be corrupted, and we couldn't do anything about it.

If there is one person that I could hate and not even be in the same time period as it is Thomas Jefferson. The reason the way things came about as they did was because of fear; people were afraid of a stong central govenment. This was a problem that could have been stopped oh so many years ago. In my opinion all of the leaders of the US at the time were basically good people (I'm cutting them a little historical slack). They should have run the government they way it should have been run. Fuck States Rights! Instead of being one people, it helped to seperate the US into what is now 50 very different states.
The corrupt fucks are running just about everything as it is, so most people would think that there wouldn't be a difference at all. If they were all working for the government, it would be much easier to have them tried for charges of corruption, and have them jailed. The rest would be too scared to act in such a derrogatory fashion anymore (this would take a lot of arrests and other things though). I think that if enough "good" people could be found and they banded together things could change, otherwise one day revolution would be necessary. Also, if it became absolutely necessary, I would have those who repressed the people killed. This would all be wealthy people (go figure). You might say that this line of thinking is actually contractory, but according to you, you don't believe that it can be done through the proper means so it hjas to get done somehow. I'm sure that's one way they get rid of their enemies. This may not be what democracy is supposed to be about, but it isn't about raping the general populace either.

Thank you for your input, I do appreciate it. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 03 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#28 User is offline   Al Creed Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:42 PM

I'd list why I'd make a good President, but all I am is a lousy Canadian.

Sorry.

#29 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:36 AM

Zat: You're not taking my blood from me mandatorily... That's a little overboard.

However, I give blood when I can, but I've missed two blood drives this quarter because I've been sick. pinch.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#30 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

I am john kerry and i am reporting for dutyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ralph nader should be definately the pres. hes a beast if i ever saw one.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size