• +

The world has to end what do you think will happen

#31 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

When the sun goes red it won't destry the Earth. The death of humankind won't be the end of the Earth. "Revelation" is not a prediction of the end of time, but a message of hope for Christians persecuted by Domitian, an emperor so crazy evil he was widely considered the reincarnation of Nero, hence the "beast that had died and was reborn." The city on seven hills, the whore of Babylon, is Rome, but Classical Rome, not the Catholic Church or any dipshit contemporary idea.

The world is not going to end. We will be gone one day and the thing is just going to continue to float around in space. Small planetoids may hit it from time to time, but space is just too big to call it inevitable that there will be a collision with a body large enough to obliterate it.

Vive l'Earth!

edit: some spelling. Left "Earth" as it is, you anglophobes, you.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 28 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#32 User is offline   Masked Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:System Overload... Can't Compute

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

I believe the Spanish word for "word" is mundo. correct me if im wrong. I still say that we shouldn't worry how the world is going to end(by the way when we say world i think we are talking about man-kind correct me if im wrong on that too) and just live life a day at a time. The past is gone and the future is too far away. There is no tomorrow just like there is no yesterday. Life is lived at every second ur alive and you should charish it.

woohoo i think im the pope

#33 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Masked @ Oct 27 2005, 07:22 PM)
I believe the Spanish word for "word" is mundo. correct me if im wrong.

Ok! The Spanish for "world" is el mundo. And there is a yesterday and an entire history. It's a knowledge base that should be drawn upon and learned from, and anyone who neglects this is foolish.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#34 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

i'm pretty sure revalations says something about a big fat guy with super long side burns and steelcaps smashing the crap out of the world in the end times...

#35 User is offline   Masked Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:System Overload... Can't Compute

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

Fine... there is a yesterday but yesterday is always a different day. Anyways, im sorry for forgetting the "el" in el mundo. I should be shot for it, no?

lol

#36 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:23 AM

Yes. I was horribly offended.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#37 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

Oh you sillies. I was just kidding around with French, not Spanish.

So for them what seems ta care:

Vive la terre!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#38 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

Vive la monde et tous d'humanité! biggrin.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#39 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

Humankind is going to blow itself up.

Either that, or alien ninja piranhas with laser death rays will invade and turn us all into cans of tuna.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#40 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

Bah, by the time who-ever gets off their lazy ass to finaly get rid of earth we'd already have found space travel. If we find space travel, colonization, and terraforming, then we would be near impossable to destroy. It will happen some day but it wouldn't matter, we'd either fix it or just forget it.

Also, I found this little gem, I would hate for it to go unlooked.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#41 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:26 PM

biggrin.gif Great article. Reading the bottom makes me think that it takes someone megalomaniacal and obscenely obsessive compulsive to make a good evil overlord. So much to plan for...

Yeah. Geocide. Von Neumann machines is by far the creepiest and most interesting way to take it down. Especially when they start using people to replicate... *shudder* / biggrin.gif

#42 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:21 AM

Going through there, I found a ton of stuff on the DeathStars in a Star Wars section. I read through bits of that, and thought "my God I thought only PT lovers did that sort of thing, this is freakin insane!" The person who researched that bit of stuff did a shit load of work.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#43 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:40 AM

You don't need to blow up the earth, just the surface. The earth will be destroyed on day. Even if you ignore, asteroids, God, etc... Mankind is killing the planet. We will all choke and die on our own waste and fecies.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 30 October 2005 - 12:42 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#44 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

Dear Jordan: It's spelled 'feces'.

Anyway, one theory states that a huge radioactive dust cloud with drift into the solar system and dissolve the planets into dust. I read on Snopes.

One theory that I think is a bit more beliveable is that a few decades from now, possibly earlier, misuse of nuclear weaponry will cause the entire population to become sterilized and slowly die out. Some scientists might attempt to use cloning to keep the dwindling population alive, but it will be in vain as the gene pool becomes watered down and produces malformed clones that die within minutes.

But if that were to happen, how would mankind react?

#45 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:28 PM

You're missing the point, guys. This is geocide, not genocide. The goal is to blow up the planet, not just KILL ALL HUMANS.

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size