Let's Play A Game

#61 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:25 AM

lol
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#62 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:37 AM

Franz Ferdinand. I think I know whats coming.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#63 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:35 AM

Let's go to the 90's:

Nirvana has already been done, I think
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots

I'll add more later.

#64 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Pearl Jam was boss
OH NO!!!

#65 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:34 AM

Going on my current downloading patterns, how about Rasputina?
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#66 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:51 AM

Franz Ferdinand
"Hey, you know who's good?"
"Who?"
"Gang of Four!"
"They are!"
"Let's start a Gang of Four cover band!"
"Okay!"
"Only we'll rename the songs and change the lyrics to make it look like we're original!"
"Neato!"

QUOTE (ion eon @ Nov 2 2005, 08:48 AM)
Pearl Jam was boss

No they weren't. They were a bland, watered down, and above all else boring version of good bands like Mudhoney and Green River. It's not particularly surprising that half of the band came from Mother Love Bone, which could be the most overrated act from that particular era in music. If Andy Wood hadn't killed himself with an overdose, would you care about Mother Love Bone? It's doubtful. The upside to this scenario is that Pearl Jam likely would have never happened.

Soundgarden
Chris Cornell is another one of those people who probably should've never tried singing. His voice just keeps getting worse with age too. It was bearable with Soundgarden but as time wore on his squall just degraded more and more from album to album. By the time he was in Audioslave he sounded like Brian Johnson trying to hack up something caught in his throat.

Alice In Chains
Moany, mopey bullshit that, along with Helmet, gave us the wonderful world of Nu Metal. Fantastic. Oh, and stop bitching about Layne Staley's death. He was a junkie (who complained nonstop about heroin abuse, as I recall, so he was a stupid hypocrite too!), when junkies die, it shouldn't come as a surprise. Especially when they die of a heroin overdose.

Stone Temple Pilots
Annoying vocalist, crappy drummer, boring guitars. Why did this band get so popular? They have a few okay songs, I guess, but they should've never sold millions of albums with the crap they were churning out.

Rasputina
I've never even bothered to listen to anything by Rasputina. I don't care about them. I don't care about the cello. I mean, good on them for playing it and all, but I couldn't care less about the fact that they do play it. There's also a pretty good chance that no one would give a rat's ass about them if one of them hadn't been the cellist for Nirvana's last tour.

#67 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

Flogging Molly
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#68 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:26 PM

I keep clicking on this topic, forgetting that I'm not allowed to post here... Well, not liable for anything I say to be recognised.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#69 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

Do the Crucifucks.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#70 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

Reel Big Fish
Dropkick Murphys
Bad Religion
Dead Kennedys
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#71 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

Is there a band called Swedish Fish? I swear I've heard something of the sort... or maybe it was a dream.

Great Big Sea
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#72 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

I'm going to try to give you some harder ones...

David Bowie
The Arcade Fire
Beethoven
Depeche Mode
Avenged Sevenfold
Between the Buried and Me
Al DiMeola
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#73 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Beehthoven, huh?

Bach
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#74 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:51 AM

NO way Mozart
OH NO!!!

#75 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:42 AM

Flogging Molly
It's cool that you guys like the Pogues so much, but honestly your schtick has worn thin. Now that we have dozens of bands ripping off the Pogues, your particular brand of unoriginality isn't all that interesting, you know?

The Crucifucks
While I give them credit for a band name that likely took them all of five minutes to think up in a vain attempt to get people's attention, they're just one of many "Ooh! We're so zany and political!" American punk rock bands from the 80s that tried way too hard to pick up where Dead Kennedys left off. Yes that was a run-on sentence, no I don't care.

Reel Big Fish
Ska/punk sucks.

Dropkick Murphys
I just don't care about them anymore. I don't see how they maintain their popularity when they've essentially released the same album six or seven times. They need to break up and just stop making music forever.

Bad Religion
What was once a noble hardcore band who introduced the concept of melody to a bunch of yelling retards has degenerated into bland, easy-to-swallow garbage. I mean honestly, listen to the collection "80-85" and then put on one of their more recent albums like "The Process Of Belief". You hear a good Bad Religion, followed by a washed-up gang of balding pussies who are too afraid to make a real statement anymore. Another band that should've taken the hint and broken up long ago.

Dead Kennedys
I can't really say anything bad about the band in their heyday, but I will say bad things about them today. Yes, Dead Kennedys still exist (without Jello Biafra), and yes they still tour. Why? Because they're all clearly incapable of making a name for themselves without Biafra, and need the money. The three lowlife idiots who backed Biafra are touring with some jackass and performing under the namesake, singing Biafra's lyrics, and preaching his politics. Because they're too unoriginal and stupid to actually do anything on their own. Meanwhile, Biafra runs a successful record label and is continuing to work with the motherfucking Melvins. So it's easy to see who the talent was in Dead Kennedys.

Great Big Sea
I'm not even bothering. I don't fish, and I don't wear rain gear every day, so I don't listen to Great Big Sea.

David Bowie
One of those aging rockers who simply hasn't quite gotten the hint that they're no longer relevant (see also: The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney). Most of what Bowie's put out in the past ten years has been completely useless and uninteresting.

The Arcade Fire
Dudes voice: What the hell? Stop your caterwauling and try singing more. It took me a while to get past his voice and just enjoy the music that the rest of them were making.

Depeche Mode
I blame the entire industrial music movement on them. "Strangelove" my ass.

Avenged Sevenfold
Contrary to what a bunch of black-clad, eyeliner-wearing emo jackasses would have you believe, this is a band that improved considerably when their singer stopped screaming. He had what can only be described as the worst scream ever. Somewhere between a falsetto with his testicles in a vice and a wounded dog.

Between The Buried And Me
Converge are cool, guys, but seriously...It's no real surprise that I'll be seeing them open for Dillinger Escape Plan on Monday either, since that would be the other hardcore band that they borrow from rather liberally.

Al DiMeola
I don't care about jazz. I mean, I have a couple of Miles Davis albums, but I still don't care about it.

All of the classical artists mentioned
Another genre of music that I don't care about.

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size