• Last »

Let's Play A Game

#151 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:08 AM

Anal Cunt
Let's begin by pointing out that all grindcore, no matter how "technical" it is, is fucking awful. There is no such thing as a good grindcore band. And I'm not referring to spazzy shit that incorporates bits of grind, like The Locust and such, I'm talking about straight-forward, nasally screaming, tinny, shitty grindcore. The thing that makes it worse is that these bands all think that they're interesting or unique because they all make use of cartoonish violence and bigotry in their lyrical content. Anal Cunt is not the most offensive of these retards, they just happen to be the most well known because of their apparently hilarious name and image. Rest assured that any band who thinks that song titles like "Kill Women" or "Van Full of Retards" are a really good idea is probably made up of the most pathetic, slope-browed, cretinous piss-stains imaginable. If you're above the age of 16, there's no reason to find this kind of shit amusing.

#152 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Wow, that's a real band's name? That's even worse than the Butthole Surfers. I'm amazed by some people's stupidity. No offense to anyone that, uh, would be offended by that. . . . Yeah.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#153 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jun 11 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's a real band's name? That's even worse than the Butthole Surfers. I'm amazed by some people's stupidity. No offense to anyone that, uh, would be offended by that. . . . Yeah.

The difference here being that at the start of their career, the Butthole Surfers produced some really solid material (see: "Locust Abortion Technician"). Anal Cunt are just a bunch of juvenile retards who think that "offensive" and "edgy" are interchangable words.

#154 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

True, but I still have problems with them. It's like having a gross/offensive/stupid band name/lyrics/whatever ensures people thinking they're really hardcore or something. (I don't mean "hardcore" like the music genre.) I'm guessing that's the attitude this Anal Cunt group takes on, but to a much higher degree, unfortunately.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#155 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jun 11 2007, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, but I still have problems with them. It's like having a gross/offensive/stupid band name/lyrics/whatever ensures people thinking they're really hardcore or something. (I don't mean "hardcore" like the music genre.) I'm guessing that's the attitude this Anal Cunt group takes on, but to a much higher degree, unfortunately.

The Butthole Surfers simply utilized a lot of shock value in their earlier days. I'm sure now Gibbey Haines regrets ever choosing that name, since his band is remarkably important to the development of alternative rock throughout the mid to late 80s and 90s. Coincidentally, once they broke and got somewhat popular, their sound became more subdued. I've always believed that this was a result of pressure from a major label that wanted to balance out the "WHAM" factor of their offensive name.

In retrospect it's just a silly, juvenile band name, but in the 80s papers and magazines refused to even review their material based solely on their name.

#156 User is offline   Black Charlie Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

Interesting reads.

If I may, as I read that you dig Mike Patton:

Lovage

Fantomas

As for anything else...

Handsome Boy Modeling School

Gorillaz

Sharks Keep Moving

Broken Social Scene

Amon Tobin

Jurassic 5

Wolfmother

Cannibal Corpse

The Aquabats (they recently ditched their brass section, thus taking them out of the ska genre)

Alaska

Motherfucker Superior

KISS

Joy Division

Tonic, for God knows why.

All I can think of this early in the morning - If you don't feel like it, just ignore my post. Thanks. smile.gif

#157 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

Lovage
Look, just because I like Faith No More and a couple of Patton's collaborative albums, that doesn't mean I love everything he ever did. This, like Peeping Tom, is a pathetic wreck of a project. If Patton wants to retain any shred of credibility, he may as well just go back to doing abrasive noise albums and forget his little obsession with hip hop and electronic music.

Fantomas
I don't dislike them, but I really don't care about them. They haven't done anything that interesting, and they don't deserve the amount of credit that people seem to give them.

Handsome Boy Modeling School
One of several Dan Nakamura projects that relies solely on the extensive lists of guest vocalists to cover the fact that his production is mediocre 90% of the time. Part of me is glad that this project is over now that he and Prince Paul are on bad terms. They managed to put out a decent first offering, and followed it up with one of the worst hip hop albums I've heard in the past few years.

Gorillaz
While I love the music produced by Gorillaz, and I enjoy the comical presentation of the group's image, I hate the fact that Damon Albarn is involved. He, along with the Gallagher brothers, successfully ruined Britpop for me for a good five years. Blur went down the shitter when "Song 2" was inexplicably recorded, and this new project of his, The Good The Bad And The Queen not only gets nominated for the absolute worst god-damned band name of all time, but also the most pathetically executed attempt to put one's self back in the music press I have ever seen. It must be hard to try and keep up a thin and overplayed facade with Gorillaz, so I'm assuming he actually wanted to play rock star again and actually "be in" a band. So he scoops up a member of the Clash for credibility's sake, and starts a shitty indie band. That said though, both Gorillaz LPs are pretty good, despite his loathesome presence.

Sharks Keep Moving
I've never heard of them, so they don't matter. Also, upon looking them up out of curiosity, I can see that they are regularly being compared to bands that are, at best, terrible. So let's just leave it at that.

Broken Social Scene
For a band that puts out respectably good albums pretty consistently, they have a habit of just pissing me off. Their live performances and interviews always strike me as being so smug and pretentious that I really wish I could just slap those who are involved.

Amon Tobin
Someone who can't pick a fucking genre to deal with and stick to it. I hate it when people do that.

Jurassic 5
I think I once owned an album by them... The fact that I don't probably speaks for itself. The fact that I don't remember a damned thing about it probably speaks a lot for how good it was.

Wolfmother
See: Led Zeppelin

Cannibal Corpse
See: Anal Cunt

The Aquabats
I don't give a shit if they dropped their horn section. You don't need a brass section to be a ska band (see: Operation Ivy). Regardless, they still suck. They're just yet another juvenile, retarded punk band full of 30 year old dudes who act like 12 year olds.

Alaska
I can't tell if you're referring to the handful of obscure, short-lived projects under this name, or being cute and trying to make me insult something that I clearly listen to, as it is still on my Last.fm chart in my signature. Well, the artist in my Last.fm chart is a friend of mine who sent me a track he just recorded to listen to. The rest of them I've never listened to in my life. So in either case, I'm not sure what you're expecting here. The song I listened to was fairly typical singer-songwriter fare, but miles ahead of what I assume this to be.

Motherfucker Superior
Never heard them, but with that name I can only assume that they're terrible. The fact that I can find 0 search results for them on both Wikipedia and Rate Your Music leads me to believe that they are nobody, and don't matter to anyone.

KISS
Easily the worst band of all time. They have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. They're all useless as both musicians, and as human beings and should quit both of those jobs immediately.

Joy Division
Someone should have just given Ian Curtis a fucking hug. Maybe then we wouldn't have had to deal with every shitty emo band and every shitty goth band covering "Love Will Tear Us Apart". Horrible covers have nearly ruined this band for me forever.

Tonic
They don't matter now because they didn't matter in the 90s when they had that one popular song that people still fucking play on the radio for some reason. As far as relevance goes, I have thrown out cigarette butts with more relevance to popular music than these one hit wonder assclowns.

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 14 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

#158 User is offline   Black Charlie Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for your response.

Alaska, and Motherfucker Superior are both California bands. I didn't even know you had Alaksa in your little list there - It's more than likely not even the same band. It was mostly to see how widespread their names have become. I guess not too much.

Danke.

#159 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:41 PM

Ok, I just can't help myself, what do you think of Disturbed and Gogol Bordello, Heccubus?
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#160 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

Disturbed
Nothing more than another angry white boy band. Boring instrumentals and hilariously overwrought vocals that would normally be embarassing for any average human being. I guess when you have no hair and two huge pieces of steel hanging from your lip, you can't possibly look like any more of a douche bag, so your hoarse grunting and "ooooo-WAH-AH-AH-AH" idiocy don't seem quite so bad. Additionally, any band that uses a ridiculous tribal tattoo design as a logo doesn't deserve to exist. If I wanted to listen to Godsmack, I'd listen to Godsmack. Well no, I'd listen to Alice in Chains, and then shoot myself for ever wanting to listen to this ungodly drivel.

Gogol Bordello
I don't get this "gypsy punk" thing they're trying to pull. I checked out their last album shortly after it came out, and almost immediately got rid of it. It's like they just said "let's take two musical genres, completely at random, and then pound them together with a mallet until something vaguely resembling music comes out". Between these guys and Man Man, I somehow have even less respect for gypsies than I would on any other given day. This barely qualifies as music. It's just "WOW! WE'RE SO WILD AND DIFFERENT! HEY GUYS! CHECK IT OUT!" gimmickiness.

#161 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Thanks ^.^/

This post has been edited by Dan_N_GameZ: 21 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#162 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

^.^

Anyway, Heccubus, you haven't said anything about Poets of the Fall, whether it's just that you passed by it or found it so crap that you didn't dignify it with a good ripping-apart. Here's some of their stuff in case you don't know 'em:

Late Goodbye
Lift

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 21 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

#163 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

www.myspace.com/zombiesurvivalguideband
www.myspace.com/whoopsapocalypse
www.myspace.com/misguidedmissileproject
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#164 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

King Diamond, Heccubus?

My Last.FM profile.

#165 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:09 AM

Futuristic Sex Robotz

The Go! Team
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size