• +
  • Last »

Abortion Scrambling Babies for a Better Tomorrow

#1 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

So who's online that's for or against abortion? Care to share your thoughts? Ideas to help/prevent it?

#2 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:B Horror Movies, Distopian Literature, Cult Rituals, Puppies.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

I don't care about abortion. If the woman isn't ready for a child, she has the right to abort it because it is her choice. Though, if I had a wife (or even girlfriend) that got pregnant, I would want her to have the baby. I'm pro-choice I suppose, it doesn't affect me so I don't care.

#3 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

Same here. I'm against the thought of killing unborn babies entirely, but it the pregnant woman's choice, not mine. Plus I vowed never to have kids so as to aid the choking population in the future, so it doesn't bother me that much.

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:33 PM

Kids look like a pain in the ass. Your life is over once you have them. But people say if you don't have them then you're missing out.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

Kids are the only thing you have left of you when you die. Also, if you went your entire life without kids, you would feel incomplete wouldn't you?

#6 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

I wouldn't know. I don't have kids now and I feel perfectly fine about life. Plus, I've got plenty of other family members to carry out my genes.

#7 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:49 PM

Yes, but if you lived to like 92 and never had kids, wouldn't you kind of feel bad about how wasted your life was. Wasted I say.

#8 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:10 PM

I'd say not, as long as you had accomplished the things you wanted to and did interesting things and had a good time, regardless of whether or not any of those things involve having children.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#9 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

But is someone's life ever complete? There is nothing one can do that will make it feel successful because social disciplines have stripped us of such happiness.

#10 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

Are you saying that nobody deserves to live a good, long life unless they take care of a kid? I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have had a wonderful, meaningful life without having a kid.

#11 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

No, I'm saying that noone can live a wonderful, meaningful life at all. They might think they can, but that's because they are blinded by society. (I really hate society right now.)

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

persionally i think abortion is if anything irresponsible.

and if they were to pass a law, i would want them to make it so that abortion is something that is done ASAP. not after a few months... there's a little too much development for to really be kosher...

i am pro choice, mostly because it is probably better an unwanted child not be born if it's not going to be welcome.

also having witnessed and studied the topic and it's proceedures, i think some manner of reform is in order in regards to the available processes...
of course i studied it over ten years ago, so they probably have made changes for the best.

either way, i'm offended by people who protest out the front of abortion clinics. Not so much for their political views, or their intrusive behaviour towards confused young women who are already upset enough, but because those people should really have jobs! I mean seriously... WTF?!? those people camp out there all bloody day! who's looking after their kids? Who's maintaing their house? who's paying their rent? They better not be on welfare... no one's paying me to stay home and make music or write my book. No, I have to show up to work everyday and tell my boss my greivences with society. I don't have the luxury of being a full-time protestor... Man, it seriously pisses me of to no end!!!

The one that gets me the most was a website (i've forgotten the URL of) devoted to a guy proudly serving time for shooting an abortion doctor.
The biggest hypocritical paradox of the whole thing is that this guy was a parent. So to clarify, this guy was was proud because he had killed a guy for preventing a child from being born that could not be adequatley raised by it's parents, and as a result put himself in jail where he can't possibly raise his kids.

that's just awsome... dry.gif

#13 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

The smiley doesn't quite work there.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:45 PM

i was using awsome in a sarcastic tone... so that's where it belongs

#15 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

At one point I think the entire Jewish population of Russia was accused of promoting Anti-Semitism... See, because if they weren't Jewish, nobody would have to worry about it...

Well, I don't know. There's overpopulation, and I've given up listing the names of all the people I want to kill when I rule the world- there's too many. And I lost the list. But then I think of the people I know, and how much potential they have to help.

So I'm undecided, I suppose.

EDIT: And I suppose it doesn't much affect me, either, so maybe I'm not really entitled to voice my opinion anyway.

This post has been edited by Mirithorn: 25 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size