Chefelf.com Night Life: Will you get Episode III on DVD? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Will you get Episode III on DVD? Will you actully buy the DVD of Epside 3

Poll: Will you get Episode III on DVD?

Will you get Episode III on DVD?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   arius Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Post icon  Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:56 AM

Seeing as how we were all let down by Episode III in so many ways; will you actually buy the DVD to be released in November?

Here is my theory. We're all but guaranteed to buy it. George Lucas purposely put so many strange things into that movie that we are irresistibly compelled to want to listen to the Director's Commentary so that we can finally know what was going through his head when he conceptualized these weird ideas.

What say you?

This post has been edited by arius: 23 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

#2 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:17 AM

No. I never spend money on Star Wars. Haven't since I was ten. I might rent it though.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 23 October 2005 - 09:17 AM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#3 User is offline   arius Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Oct 23 2005, 10:17 AM)
No. I never spend money on Star Wars. Haven't since I was ten. I might rent it though.

What? you don't even buy a game like Star Wars Battle Front. Battle Front II will be out soon. it should be just plain amazing.

I've actually gotten more enjoyment at times from the games than I have the movies.

This post has been edited by arius: 23 October 2005 - 09:49 AM

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:53 AM

BF2? I think I'll rent it. It looks good, but I decided to spend my money on SCIII instead. I overrented BF1, and need a quick break. But if you can convince me to spend money on it, as I was planning too before I decided against it, I will spend money on Star Wars for the first time in five years.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   arius Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Oct 23 2005, 10:53 AM)
BF2? I think I'll rent it. It looks good, but I decided to spend my money on SCIII instead. I overrented BF1, and need a quick break. But if you can convince me to spend money on it, as I was planning too before I decided against it, I will spend money on Star Wars for the first time in five years.

I got BF1 and loved it. Actaully I haven't played in months.
I'm sure I'll get BFII. Who knows maybe there will be a XBox demo on the ROTS DVD like there was for the OT DVD set.

You should make up your own mind though.

Still thanks for replying to the poll.

#6 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

yah i'll buy it so i can have the entire set of movies.
OH NO!!!

#7 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

ill buy it cuz its a kick ass movie.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#8 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, I am going to buy it because:
1- For complete my collection.
2- The movie was all right, but not excellent

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Oct 23 2005, 03:46 PM)
ill buy it cuz its a kick ass movie.

and by the same token i won't cause it sucked.

#10 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:09 AM

Although I really don't like the PT, I may buy it if they come out with a box set. This would just be so that when I try my hand at rewriting this crap. I shall have the source material at my fingerstips.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#11 User is offline   arius Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Oct 24 2005, 02:09 AM)
Although I really don't like the PT, I may buy it if they come out with a box set.  This would just be so that when I try my hand at rewriting this crap.  I shall have the source material at my fingerstips.

Here are some notes from the Intellectual property office:

Effect of the Present Law on Length of Subsisting Copyrights

The old system of computing the duration of protection was carried over into the 1976 statute with one major change: the length of the second term is increased to 67 years.2 Thus, the maximum total term of copyright protection for works already protected by federal statute is increased from 56 years (a first term of 28 years plus a renewal term of 28 years) to 95 years (a first term of 28 years plus a renewal term of 67 years).

I don't think Lucas will ever allow anyone to redo StarWars for about 100 years.
You'd have to give him about 2 billion dollars for the rights.

Still it is fun to think about.

Would you keep all of the same characters or lose a few:

I could do with out:

Elan Sleazebagano

#12 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:29 AM

I can't see myself buying the entire PT triology. It was just so absurd and badly made. As for rewriting it, its a noble cause, but probably not worth the time that you are surely going to waste. How about you go out and enjoy life!
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#13 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

I won't buy it, but my brother will. He already has all the others (including the non-special edition OT) so I'll just borrow them all from him.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#14 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:B Horror Movies, Distopian Literature, Cult Rituals, Puppies.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:41 PM

I don't waste money on movies that I won't watch... (I may, MAY rent it. But only if I'm bored.

#15 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (georgelucas4greedo @ Oct 24 2005, 10:29 AM)
I can't see myself buying the entire PT triology. It was just so absurd and badly made. As for rewriting it, its a noble cause, but probably not worth the time that you are surely going to waste. How about you go out and enjoy life!

Ah people have done it.

It might either be just rewritting the films or coming up with something that is much better (or a combination of the two).

I would definately keep Qui-gon, Dooku, and a few others only because even with what the actors were given I still managed to actually like them.

I've thought of a much better way for Anakin to turn to the Darkside. In fact, it actually involves his lover/wife.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size