Chefelf.com Night Life: Are these statistics Racist or Incorrect? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Are these statistics Racist or Incorrect?

#16 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

SOME REASON? Okay, well, we're dealing with a circular argument here.

firstly, black people, at least the ones in question in these statistics mostly live in inner cities. Why? Because it's cheaper. Why? Because there are black people living there, and statistics like these (black people are responsible for the deaths, yada yada yada) just float everywhere. And then, where are the most people, and therefore most people likely to be murdered? Cities, all the people there is what makes them cities. And, since many black people live in cities for the reasons mentioned above, they are most likely to commit murder, the murder of people in cities. Also, you have to consider the large decrees of racism in the US, and all over the world. To put it simply, people don't like blacks. This does not necessarily pertain to any of the members of this forum, white or black, but I digress. If people don't like you, there are two GENERAL responses. Change your behavior, or, in the case that the behavior, like skin color, can not change, you try to change their behavior. Either from like to dislike, or breathing to not breathing. Alternatively, some would choose this option. Run away from the problem. But most people would not. Now, having said something sensical for the first time in ages, I must go say some nonsense.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 23 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:41 PM

-Blacks murder whites at 18 times the rate whites murder blacks.

I'm assuming that doesn't count the number of black people shot by white cops.

#18 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:52 PM

Otal- You said it quite well. And the reason that blacks cant get out of the cities is because of covert racism. Suburbs first appeared in response to black liberation. The suburbs are mostly white communities where there arent any scary black people to scare them, and that is the selling point of them. If racism were to disappear the whole way the US runs business would disappear.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#19 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:51 PM

Man living in cities is $$$ in Canada. The poor people live in the suburban areas that surround the city, in Vancouver at least.

Our worst community is filled with East Indian gangs, white trash, and car jackings. IT's called Surrey, or slurrey.

I don't understand why black's are such underdogs. They got affirmative action and all that jazz. Why can't they just get good grades and go to school. Ya school expensive in the states, can't you guys take out loans? I did.

I heard some dude on the radio say that blacks are discriminated in post secondary because of the bias in the material being taught. What the hell does that mean?

Being black and educated in Canada is probably the best move one can make. You're garunteed a job because we have pretty vicious quotas to fill here. (when i said that does that sound racist? Some chick said I was racist because when I said that at a lunch table.)

This post has been edited by Jordan: 23 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#20 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:33 AM

OH man there are so many spelling errors in my post above. Just noticed them now and it's too late.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#21 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

Oh, Jordan. Just when I'm reading along, nodding my head, I get to your last post and my head explodes.

I'm not going to address all of the things in your post that I found objectionable, and worse, wong, and I am posting this in the sure knowledge that Civ2 will come in and make all the points I have made, except better.

But for the record:

Can you show me exactly what you mean by a "vicious racial quota"? Does every employer have this quota? How many spots are we talking about out of how many offered? And what is "vicious" about it? Is this policy unfair to someone -- is that what makes it vicious? Is it superprevalent? Have you been turned down for a job and told by the hiring manager that he would have definitely hired you if he wasn't bound by law to offer the job to a black person? Has a friend? Do you have documentation?

The reason, I suspect, the chick called you a racist was because it was quicker than calling you an ignorant jackass, which is what you sound like unless you can produce definite proof that being an educated black Canadian means you will never suffer a day of unemployment in your life.

I'm not saying that affirmative action is a perfect system, because I think a lot of evidence shows that it's not. At the very least, it's given people who are inclined to anyway another reason to look down their noses at any minorities they see in a higher-status job and assume that the one-and-only, be-all-and-end-all reason said minority has said job is that they were given it as some sort of racial freebie. But bear in mind the whole idea behind affirmative action, and even racial quotas, if it comes to that, is that analysis of the system showed it to be flawed, and tilted against non-white, non-male applicants in such a severe way that no one individual candidate could possibly be judged on their merits alone.

#22 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

Ya i don't understand why you're getting all upset. If I was a minority (let's say I lived in Hong Kong) and hong kong had some rules for the work force, equal oppurtinity I think it's called, then I would use that in my favour.

I"m sure they wouldn't higher me if I wasn't qualified, but they would higher be if i was qualified and a minorty. It's just like an extra bonus to have and I'd use it to my advantage.

Isn't that what equal oppurtunity means? What else does it mean?

This post has been edited by Jordan: 24 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

#23 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:03 PM

Hire not higher. lol

#24 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

does it really matter????
OH NO!!!

#25 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

there shouldnt be racism at all...that is the sole truth of this debate
OH NO!!!

#26 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Oct 23 2005, 07:41 PM)
I'm assuming that doesn't count the number of black people shot by white cops.

Good point, Barend.
I think they kill more black people than White.

#27 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

NOthing really matters. IT's a forum, if we can't discuss topics then what's the point of being here?

#28 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:B Horror Movies, Distopian Literature, Cult Rituals, Puppies.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

Racism is most of the reason I hate Arkansas (since I live there). Statistic time.

.00001% of banned has had sex.

#29 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (banned @ Oct 24 2005, 09:40 PM)
.00001% of banned has had sex.

huh.gif
what does that mean exactly?

#30 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

His pinky toe once had intercoarse, the rest of him has not.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size