Chefelf.com Night Life: constructive graffiti - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

constructive graffiti or at least witty...

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:43 AM

i'm sick of tags and what not defcing the worlds cities...

if people want to get their voince ona wall, is it too much to ask that they say something thought provoking or at least entertaining?

with that in mind... (and i appologise that i could not find a copy of the adds i wish to deface anywhere online)

there have been some billboards around sydney for a chewing gum, (I think eclipse, but i'm not sure...) they focus on the importance of fresh breath. something i have nothing against but ...

i wish to deface these adds as the are white writing on black background. all i need is to block out key words.

one reads:

eat kebab
kiss donna

i want to blot out 'kebab' and 'kiss' so it just reads... 'eat donna'

the other reads:

smoke cigars
blow kisses

and i want to blot out 'cigars' and 'kisses' so it just reads... 'smoke blow'

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

Barend, your maturity knows no bounds. biggrin.gif

*Picture of a man in a loin cloth with a spear stalking a herd of Far Side-esque Buffalo*

hunt buffalo
please Gary

"hunt Gary" and "please buffalo" are equally entertaining graffiti phrases. happy.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Chuckster, punkrock, beer, birds.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

What about: Cigars blow!

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:15 AM

Too moral for his taste.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

Someone in Chinatown in Boston spraypainted graffiti three stories up on a building with no handholds or windows within ten feet of the area. That's pretty amusing.

And sometimes graffiti is used to mark gangs' territory, so perhaps doing your own graffiti is unwise.... *sigh* The US needs stricter gun control laws...
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#6 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

There is a debate going on about that last bit.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#7 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:42 PM

Graffiti in places that seem nearly impossible to access is amusing, as is graffiti that is like a mural or something that is pretty or interesting to look at or funny to read. But tagging somewhere that's just a really easily accessible public space is plain silly.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#8 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:48 PM

I saw maybe 50 playboy adds on my way to New York. I wonder if they'd get annoyed if you spraypainted clothes on the models...
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:41 PM

as a commuter, i'd get annoyed.

but i'd be ammused, and that's what it's all about.

my beef with graffiti is that someone has a total public forum to say anything, and they waste it on something like a tag, or a single swear word...

it's just such a waste...

#10 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:45 PM

Hmm....graffiti poetry? That might be nice. It might impede people's getting places on time because they'd stop to read the walls, though.

And I can see a case against playboy, because for an instant after you see a dirty picture, your brain stops processing sight because of overstimulation. It could cause driving problems.

#11 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

I know!! Graffiti maps, for people who are always lost. Complete with a great big "you are here" star.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#12 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:53 PM

Once some guy bought a billboard to advertise for a date.... But you don't need to do that! Just graffiti your name and phone number on top of something else!

*thinks about it* On the other hand, it would make it pretty easy to tell who did it.

No, wait! Write an enemy's name and phone number on a billboard!

Insult your enemies with billboards! There is no end to the possibilities.

This post has been edited by Mirithorn: 13 October 2005 - 07:55 PM

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

except everone would be calling your enemy for dates...

#14 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:07 PM

You could make out the advertisement to the wrong gender.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

i could think off worse things then have guys show up at my house with flowers and candy wanting to buy me dinner and shout me a movie.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size