Chefelf.com Night Life: Prequel Rewrite Problems. - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Prequel Rewrite Problems. Feedback appreciated.

#1 User is offline   theredbaron Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:27 PM

Okay, now the first thing I intend to change in my rewrites of EPI and II is the names of two characters:

- Khameir Sarin/Darth Maul
- General Grievous

I am changing the name of Khameir Sarin, as I found out a few weeks ago that it is not the original name of Darth Maul. It is in fact a name formulated by none other than Supershadow. Anyway, I finally pulled the gun away from my temple and decided to change the name. I am thinking very seriously about naming him 'Sifo-Dyas' instead, as the Jedi will discover in EPIII that he ordered the clones for the Republic. I also think that 'Darth Tyranus' is a better Sith name than 'Darth Maul'.

I am also changing the name of General Grievous, as it is a name that is so obviously evil, which leads me to a few problems (you won't understand these unless you have read them). Why would Queen Amidala appoint him or trust him in the first place if his name is evil in itself? Anyway, I am thinking of calling him 'General Volenta', but I am open to suggestions...

I was thinking of perhaps making a name based on some great generals of the past like Erwin Rommel, Georgi Zhukov, Chiang Kai-shek, Ghenghis Khan ('Temujin'), Sun Tzu, and Mao Zedong/Tse-tung.

Another name I thought of was General Dai'a, but I dunno...

A penny and a world of gratitude for your thoughts...
Film 'n' Send . Get Converted.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size