Chefelf.com Night Life: Birthday Wish List & Year Round Donations! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Birthday Wish List & Year Round Donations! Wednesday, October 12, 2005

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:40 PM

It's about the time of year when my family starts hounding me for a birthday and Christmas list. I decided to compile a short list of things that I'd like for my birthday. Since I had gone through the trouble of compiling this list I also made a page where you can donate money, livestock and presents to me year round. Check out the Official Chefelf.com Contribution & Donation Center for more details.

For now you can keep yourself sane by giving me things that I want right now. Here's a short list of things I want but certainly do not need...

Maxtor Diamondmax 10 300GB Hard Drive
$120.00

Some would argue that the 360GB of hard drive space I have is quite enough. Those people are idiots. How could that possibly be enough? The problem with only 360GB of hard drive space is that it's just not enough to rip every single CD you own. Also, with such a small amount of hard drive space, I'm occasionally forced to burn CDs and DVDs to clear off space.

This is just not acceptable. Three times in the past month I've been forced to engage in the archaic ritual of inserting a DVD into my DVD player! This is just not acceptable. With an extra 300GB of hard drive space I would be able to rip all my DVDs to my computer's hard drive and them stream them from my computer, watching them from the comfort of my own couch, thus saving me the tedious task of placing a DVD in my DVD player.

Invision Power Gallery Add On for Chefelf.com Forums
$65.00

This would most likely need to be given to me in cash form as it's probably too complicated for anyone else to buy for me. What it is is an add on for the forums at Chefelf.com that will integrate a photo gallery. This will allow myself (and other chosen members) to upload photos to chefelf.com and display them in individual galleries with member comments, etc.

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and will replace my long forgotten and embarrassing previous attempt at making a Chefelf.com photo gallery.

Home Movies - Season Two
$27.98

This is most likely the greatest TV show ever made. Unlike other DVD box sets that sucked (The Karate Kid Box Set, for example) this set is worth every penny. 13 episodes, interviews with the cast and guest stars and the extended play version of Brendon Small's songs! All for under $30. In a world where most DVD sets are disappointingly incomplete, Home Movies manages to pack in the goodness and give you your money's worth.

Amazon.com says, "A real bargain for Chefelf's birthday at just $27.98!"

Home Movies - Season Three
$24.49

This isn't released until November 15, but I don't mind waiting. Much like previous sets, this set features great features such as an interactive game, interviews and a featurette!

Amazon.com says, "Somebody get this for Chefelf unless you want to ruin his birthday!"

Star Wars, Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen Edition)
$15.98

This doesn't come out until November 1, just in time to be pre-ordered and shipped to me for my birthday! Some people may say, "Hey, Chefelf. I thought you hated Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith." To which I reply, "Yes." However, I am far too stupid and dedicated to collecting to be able to avoid owning this DVD. If I don't receive it as a gift I'll still rush out to the store and buy a copy myself. I bought the past two lousy films when they were released as well as the special edition of the original films, so why not own this one as well.

Besides, I'm sure there'll be plenty of deleted scenes in this one that will be bad enough to inspire me to write another article about the dreaded movie. If the scene with Yoda disguised as a baby is included then that will make it all worth it.

Some Friggin' Mixing Bowls
$19.99

I'm tired of owning only one bowl. Cooking for Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend reminded me of how annoying it is to only have one of these handy food preparation devices. I'm so sick of only ever having one bowl that I'm willing to receive it as a present for my birthday even though that's technically no fun.

CA$H
$1.00 - $10,000.00

Yeah, I'd like some of that. While I probably won't do much fun with it I can still use it to pay my bills. And truly, what is more fun than fiscal responsibility in one's personal finances?

As good as cash...
Anyone who wants to get something more personalized, such as a gift card, then let it be known that Chefelf accepts gift cards to these fine online retailers:

Bestbuy, CompUSA and Borders are also acceptable. The best part about gift cards is that they're just like cash but you can only spend them at one place!

In conclusion, no one should feel that they can only send me cash or presents on my birthday or Christmas. Now you can send me Send me cash or presents all year round through the Official Chefelf.com Contribution & Donation Center. This features Paypal cash donations as well as information on my Amazon.com Wish List. No longer must you feel pressured by Christian religious holidays and societal norms to give me stuff for free.

Thanks to modern technology and the world wide web, now it's Christmas all year!
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Jeff Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Woonyvillain

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

I know what I'm getting for you.....

-Jeff

#3 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:B Horror Movies, Distopian Literature, Cult Rituals, Puppies.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

why does your limit of cash only reach 10000 dollars?

#4 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Chefelf, you are, above all else, a tacky guy. smile.gif

(But I would like some mixing bowls, so I am also a hypocrite!)

#5 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:54 AM

I'm told that you can't put a price on admiration and respect.

Unfortunately, this very premise inhibits me from any actual cash donations. smile.gif

#6 User is offline   Jeff Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Woonyvillain

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (banned @ Oct 12 2005, 06:11 PM)
why does your limit of cash only reach 10000 dollars?

Any gift which is greater than 10K would put Chefelf into a higher tax bracket. He is already in a high enough tax bracket as it is!!! biggrin.gif

-Jeff

#7 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:36 AM

I wish I didn't have a giant list of things to spend my money on. But you're going on it too.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#8 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Jeff @ Oct 13 2005, 09:26 AM)
Any gift which is greater than 10K would put Chefelf into a higher tax bracket.  He is already in a high enough tax bracket as it is!!!    biggrin.gif

-Jeff

My accountant, ladies and gentleman!

... no seriously.

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Oct 13 2005, 09:36 AM)
I wish I didn't have a giant list of things to spend my money on. But you're going on it too.

Don't put me on that list. Or if you do, make sure I'm WAY at the end.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:43 AM

Of course, it goes in chronological order from what the thing to get it. And right now, it's got a hell of a lot of mangas
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size