Chefelf.com Night Life: Star Wars Prequel Rewrites. - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Star Wars Prequel Rewrites. Episodes I & II.

#16 User is offline   theredbaron Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:16 AM

I'm about half-way through my first draft of Episode III. I'm pretty much writing the script for EPIII as I go, because it seems to be very dialogue-heavy (which is a bit of a worry, perhaps). My other concern is that EPIII still looks to be twice as long as the other two episodes...oh well, we'll see how I go.

I've given my previous two episodes a little thought since then. I'm thinking of making Palpatine 'President' instead of 'Supreme Chancellor' in view of what I found in the novelisation of Star Wars. On the other hand, it doesn't sound as good as Chancellor (and it doesn't have all those cool Hitler connotations either).

Another change I'm considering is to the name of Darth Maul's Jedi moniker. I found in wikipedia that Darth Maul's original name was 'Khameir Sarin', but it appears that this was something made up by Supershadow. Given my absolute hatred for all things Supershadow, I would prefer my prequel trilogy to have no connection with him whatsoever.

But thanks for the feedback fellaz. You guys have been by far the most receptive of my ideas!
Film 'n' Send . Get Converted.

#17 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:03 PM

This must be in cinemas! biggrin.gif

#18 User is offline   theredbaron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (EwokHunter @ Oct 2 2005, 08:03 PM)
This must be in cinemas! biggrin.gif

I guess one positive thing that could come out of these projects is that if George Lucas does die sometime soon (although perhaps, unlikely), I'll be able to sit on them for another 50 years, then submit them as properly formatted scripts/screenplays in a bid to have them remade...

Although perhaps Hollywood is not as much of a fan of story continuity and authenticity as I am...
Film 'n' Send . Get Converted.

#19 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

Stuff came up and I finally got the chance to read it all. Good stuff. I like how you didn't need to make up "new" things for the Star Wars universe. However, I think having so many lines that are close to being the same as lines in the OT is a mistake. A few are okay though. I especially liked the connections to EU things, and that they were presented so that you didn't have to know about them to realize what was going on. Hmmm... the stormtroopers are already present, and are technically the "good" guys. I like that. Just one other thing, the plnaets are a bit more spaced out aren't they?

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 25 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#20 User is offline   darth_newmacer Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

Why is Boba Fett in ep. I?
I think the first epsiode needs a grander entrance such as the begining of ep.III. A huge space battle reminicent of the thousand ships in the Trojan War coming to save the Queen. I do, however, love the Obi-Anakin sparring and the way Obi finds Anakin.
The whole Jedi actually being maul thing, was great! A Luke I am your father moment, BUT it shoulda been someone of greater importance like Mace Windu.
Your ep.I was a little confusing with the whole grevious mandalorian things. There needs to be one bad guy. May not be clearly defined but all stories need that. Besides that, nothing really else I didn't like.
Boba NEEDS to be cut. He is (and I know this is hard to say) insignificant. His death is an accident! Don't turn him into a character worthy of adding extra story to the movie, instead focus on Anakin and Obi.
WHERE'S QUI-GON? angry.gif thats all.....

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size