Chefelf.com Night Life: The new console generation - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

The new console generation

Poll: Which new generation console do you think is going to be the best?

Which new generation console do you think is going to be the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:46 AM

I don't know!!!
It's so hard to choose a console

PS3: Final Fantasy VII
Revolution: The freakin' cool controller
Xbox 360: Halo III

I'm stuck!

#2 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:28 PM

what is a revolution
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:35 PM

Joke, right? Nintendo Revolution?

But doesn't the 360 come out first?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#4 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'm going with Xbox. Halo III is the only thing needed to get my to buy the system. Plus, I have friends and relatives who will get the other systems.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#5 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

It seems that XBox: 3, Others: 0
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#6 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:50 PM

I've said it already, but unless Microsoft stops porting all the good Xbox games to PC, I won't buy one. Other than that, I vote for PS3, even though I like Nintendo better. Why? PS3 has better third party support, and that means better games. Ultimately, every system must be judged by it's games, and Nintendo just doesn't have that strong third-party support. Almost all of the best games on the Gamecube were made in-house. That doesn't mean that they're bad, it just means that there won't be as many good games on the Revolution unless Nintendo works to get that support. But they are making the Revolution internet compatible, so that's a plus. If there's no subscription fee, I might change my mind.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#7 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

wacko.gif I'm still stuck wacko.gif

But really, Xbox don't have any innovation.
The revolution have innovation. But PS3 have...Final Fantasy VII biggrin.gif

#8 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:55 AM

I don't know. Right now I just want the money to buy myself a computer. But in 1998, N64 was the most powerful system anyone had ever seen. And now its not a big deal. Xbox could very well be overshadowed by something else at anytime. Don't know what that'll be, but we'll see.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#9 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

Waiting for next E3! Here we come?
Wait, does PS3 and Xbox 360 will be in this year?

#10 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:43 PM

It was a tough choice but I voted for the PS3.

I don't have a PS2 and I always wanted one because there were a lot of PS2 exlcusive games with great reviews and it also had a lot of third-party support. The bad thing about the PS3? That horrible boomerang controller.

The Revolution looks so awesome to me and I think it's better than the PS3, but sadly it won't get a lot of third-party support. sad.gif

And I don't really need a 360. Most games are ported to the PC and I can go to a friend's house to play Halo.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#11 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:24 PM

Final Fantasy has been lame and very trite since 8. The only thing that hasn't grown stale are the compositions of the brilliant Nobou Uematsu.

Halo and Halo 2 were both very over rated by everyone, and you're all forgetting how much these systems are going to cost. Last I heard, ps3 was going to be betwixt 400 and 500$ US, dunno about the xBox, but I'm sure it's going to be up there.

Why isn't there a "None of them. they're all crap!" option? As I've said before, I don't want controller innovation on a system, I want game innovation. It's far more important. Stupid Nintendo...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#12 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:17 AM

Likewise with Final Fantasy. I found Final Fantasy Legends III for gameboy more entertaining than some of the newer ones (The bosses could be a real pain in the arse though). How about some actual innovation and new story elements and such, not just a graphics update.

Halo 2 is overated, but Halo 1 isn't. Playing and beating the end of the final stage was one of the greatest moments in gaming for me.

for what you say about the controller inovation, Here Here! Why try to fix something that isn't actually broken? Less buttons allows you to do less things. For the Nintendo controllers, what do we do play one-handed? Every move you do is going to have to be some kind of button combo. That is going to be a pain in the ass. Give me Super Smash Bros. any day.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 26 September 2005 - 08:20 AM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#13 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

Controller inovation can lead to game inovation. Look at the N64. It was inovative in putting a joystick on the pad, and that completlely changed what you could do on a console.

It's just that the Revolutions controllers look so crap and hard to use.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#14 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

The Playstation has joysticks too, but Nintendo's style is much better than PS/xBox.

And give me Super Smash Bros. every day.

This post has been edited by Slade: 26 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

PS only launched with a non-joystick controller. The dual-shock was released afterwards to try to catch up.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size