• (2 Pages)
  • +

Katrina Who's fault is it?

#16 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:50 AM

Calm down Floppydisk. Can you name one thing that future generations have done for us?

I'm not too worried about the draft, but here's the way the war is going:
we fight the insurgency. While fighting the insurgency, we kill innocent Iraqis (Around a 100,000 so far. Maybe more) This causes more terrorists to sign up for the insurgency, which means we have to fight the insurgency longer, which means more civilian death, which means more terrorists. Add that to the fact that the insurgents are guerilla fighters, and you got yourself an unwinniable war.
People say that the new constitution is a sign of stability. But the constitution says quite clearly that no law can be passed that goes against the rules of Islam. So 2,000+ soldiers died... for a theocratic democracy?
Add that to the fact that enlistment hasn't been this low since Vietnam, and that even in the militaryapproval of the president is down form above ninety percent all the way to seventy percent. Most of the National guard and the reservists are over there, and Bush can't keep all the soldiers over there past there 18 month tour of duty. In a year or two, Bush will have to replace around a 100,000 troops, or pull out of Iraq.
On October 18, 2008, if the war is still going on and Bush says "Stay the course," then I'm moving to any developed country that will have me.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#17 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:13 AM

I'm just young enough to squeak through, but that's not much of a comfort. Now, always think: Things could be worse. Fred Phelps could have been elected president.

As to whose fault the immense damage the hurricane caused is, it's hard to lay the blame on any one person or group, although America is up there. Global warming has caused the polar ice caps to melt, flowing into the Gulf Stream, altering its path and causing larger and more frequent hurricanes.

I don't really have to worry about storms though- other than the odd tornado, (well, tornado SIGHTING anyway)New England is pretty safe from natural disasters.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#18 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

Ah the good ol Northeastern USA. The worst we really get is a harsh winter and more expensive living conditions.

Actually floppy, the newer drums they use are made from a special steel alloy. As long as water/heavy moisture doesn't cause them to rust, they will outlast the radioactiveness of the chemicals.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#19 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:24 AM

highest sales tax in the nation and fiercely proud of it. At least the assholes in government who use tax money for pet projects are proud.

Radioactive waste does indead last thousands of years, so they find a secluded region and bury it there.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#20 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:26 PM

I know this probably will break the debating atmosphere in this thread, but I had to post this somewhere.

#21 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

Are they serious?
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#22 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

Apparently.

Someone told me that dolphins are being trained all the way back to the times of the Vietnam war.

#23 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:28 PM

I know they're trained to find underwater mines.

Coco: PM it to Barend or Chyld or someone on the Crappy News Team. This deserves it's own thread.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#24 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:25 PM

It's there, see my true feelings about the situation on that thread.

#25 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

Jesus H. Christ. On a slightly related note, this dude in sweden killed a pair of dogs, drained their fluids, filled them with a substitute fluid, and revived them for several hours with an electric shock. I'm almost positive this is true, I heard it in news of the weird in my local paper and nobody has sent in any letters to the editor proving it wrong, so I'm thinking that somebody managed to create some freaky semizombie dogs.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#26 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

That man disgusts me with his lack of ethics in his pursuit of Science!.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size