Chefelf.com Night Life: Romances that Rival Anakin & Padme's in crapacity - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Romances that Rival Anakin & Padme's in crapacity Can you think of any?

#31 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 29 2006, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seemed Stilted in the first film. However, I could sense the relationship once SII was halfway over.
Once again, the lore of the romance was greater than what we got onscreen.

I blame Margot Kidder for the stiltedness.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#32 User is offline   RisanF Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Post icon  Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:44 AM

It's not in a movie (yet), but I nominate Harry and Ginny from "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince." The romance in that book in my opinion was such a...such a...superficial, flash-in-the-pan nothing; it makes Anakin and Padme's romance look like something out of an epic masterpiece. Harry/Ginny is so bad that some people find it easier to believe that Harry was under the influence of a Love Potion (which would turn the suspect romance writing into a well-done mystery story) rather than entertain the idea that JKR was capable of writing this. But if the bad romance continues in Book 7, it will probably be easy to dismiss it and just pretend that Harry ended up with Luna instead.

#33 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

Risan, Harry and Ginny are a pair of kids in high school. Anikin is a Jedi Knight and Padme the former Queen of a Planet and now apparently a Senator. I don't care if Harry and Ginny's romance seems superficial and sophomoric, because that's high school.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#34 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:41 PM

I'll bite again. Hillary and Bill Clinton. devil.gif

#35 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hmmm... I am presuming these "romances" can be real or fictional?

Commander Decker and Ilya in Star Trek the Motion Picture
Lieutenant Saavik and David Marcus in Star Trek III
Scotty and Uhura in Star Trek V (WTF???)

Paris Hilton and... well, anyone
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - eeeewwww!! They're SPAWNING!! blink.gif wacko.gif sick.gif yell.gif
Madonna and... well, anyone

#36 User is offline   Jedi_1138 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Mythology, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Aikido, Kenjutsu, BtVS, Angel, CSI

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

Could you please stop that, mylady?
I am laughing so hard, I can't breathe.

Plus...that proves that real life can be even worse than any fictional thingy. No matter how far-fetched that seems.
Especially given Paris Hilton and...well, anyone.

#37 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Jedi_1138 @ Jun 16 2006, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you please stop that, mylady?
I am laughing so hard, I can't breathe.

Plus...that proves that real life can be even worse than any fictional thingy. No matter how far-fetched that seems.
Especially given Paris Hilton and...well, anyone.

You can say that again.

I'll take the poorly handled romance between Harry Potter & Ginny Weasley over Anakin & Padme any day of the week.
I am the Fisher King.

#38 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (miladyblue @ Jun 16 2006, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... I am presuming these "romances" can be real or fictional?

Commander Decker and Ilya in Star Trek the Motion Picture
Lieutenant Saavik and David Marcus in Star Trek III
Scotty and Uhura in Star Trek V (WTF???)

Paris Hilton and... well, anyone
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - eeeewwww!! They're SPAWNING!! blink.gif wacko.gif sick.gif yell.gif
Madonna and... well, anyone

Were Saavik and David Marcus really together in Star Trek 3 though?

Paris Hilton must be destroyed along with Tom Cruise.
I am the Fisher King.

#39 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

I may have jumped the gun, Lord Aquaman. I read the novelization by Vonda McIntyre, and sure enough, the two of them took a roll in the hay. yell.gif

I think had Kirstie Alley remained as Saavik, they may have done a lot more with the character, but for some reason, she demanded more money than they were willing to pay. Rumor [unsubstantiated] states that the reason she did was because Shatner was hitting on her, and she could not think of any other way to get out of her contract.

Let's see, more "romances"

Showgirls - Nomi and just about everyone else - let's face it, I watch it for the MiSTie value, the guys all probably watch it for the nekkid women. Even allowing for that, Nomi, though played by a beautiful actress was not very appealing.

This post has been edited by miladyblue: 28 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

#40 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:31 PM

The single worst moment in film history (and I count the filmed Hitler speeches in this) was Uhura's supposed dance with the big feathers in Star Trek 5 to distract the enemy so the commando raid could proceed. How anyone would have been allured by her diaper ass is beyond me, and she also had the audacity to sing.

I think Kristie Alley left because she got the role in Cheers if memory serves me correctly. If Shatner hit on her, all the more credit for him. The older I get, the more of a genius he seems to be, making a 'serious' role camp fun and having a good time doing it as well as anything else he does, Chekov doesn't like him as well as Sulu, and you see what one note players they are as compared to WS's range.

The Lt. Worf/Deena Troy/Riiker triangle was out of hand in the last seasons of TNG, and Riker & Ensign Ro had the believability of an infomercial in regard to sincerity of the attraction between them. Why does Riker get a pass whereas they're all on Kirk's case for being an intergalactic cad? At least Kirk never pretended that he 'unwinded' by playing the trombone.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size