• +

Katrina Who's fault is it?

#1 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:35 PM

I personally have no idea, but I tend to think that the local govt. and national govt. are both somewhat responsible for the disaster.

The local govt. did a shitty job with evacuation and plans and soforth, but the national govt. did a bad job with getting help in...

PS> Why the hell do we still have two angry smileys? Why!? *collapses to knees* WHYYYYYYY!?!

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 23 September 2005 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

What? It's a hurricane. The government is indeed too busy killing Iraqis to help the homeland out much, but shit happens, and there's not always a reason for it. It's a natural disaster, people screwing up just makes it worse.

I'ma close this...

Edit: Maybe I'm misreading what you're trying to say, so PM me if you can clarify and give me a reason why this should be here...

Edit 2: Arr! The question Saint Floppydisk meant to pose was more like "Why did the relief effort take so long to get started?"

In that vein, I'd like to point out that Bush refused to accept aid from Cuba when it was offered.

This post has been edited by Slade: 23 September 2005 - 08:21 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Sorry about the confusion, anyone who read it...

That's just stupid. Bush should've put his politics behind him for a bit and accepted help.

I heard that they had MREs and water ready to go, but they just sat there. Who are they? Can't quite remember, but I think it was FEMA.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#4 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:35 AM

This might just be a rumor, but I had heard that our national government, at first, was unwilling to give aid because they thought that the local government could handle it. On the flip side, the local gavernment, at first, wasn't even trying to do anything at all to get the people out of harm's way. This information could be innaccurate though (but I'd bet it's close to the truth).
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#5 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

And the fact that every time a hurricane even looks remotely like its going anywhere near the gulf, New Orleans gets told to evacuate can't be good either. I mean, people say that there were plenty of people who didn't evacuate because they were stupid, but most of them didn't leave because they didn't take the warnings seriously. That, or they were to poor. And the fact that most of the National guard was in Iraq (thanks to Bush) wasn't good either. I would say that Bush had a lot to to with (or a lot not to do with it; he was probably still relaxed from his vacation) the catastrophe that Katrina became.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#6 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

Of course, it's his second term, so he can do what he likes (though he did the first term too...).

#7 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:54 AM

Why the most U.S.A. national guard is in Iraq?
Does the Iraq war haven't finished?

#8 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:58 AM

The Iraq war will still be going for another year, at the very least. My money is on about 3 more years though. And if it keeps going past that, I'll bet you anything that the draft will have to be reinstated.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#9 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:01 PM

And then I'm high-tailing it to Canada.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#10 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:05 PM

Amen. This is one time I'm glad to be 14.

#11 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:57 PM

I'm 15. Damn, I'll get drafted at the last moment.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#12 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, and I'm presently 18. however, any president that reinstates the draft will completely ruin his chances of re-election. It's just a horrible political move, and the war's already bad enough so that the sheep would have a tough time being sweet-talked into having their sons (and possibly daughters, given the draft bills that have stagnated in congress for the past 3 years) dieing for politicians' blood money. But then again, they didn't care about VietNam protesters...

#13 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

Fuck protests, I say we riot. Maybe then they'll listen.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 24 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#14 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:22 AM

I wouln't be suprised if we have riots in New York come winter. Many people use oil to heat thier homes and cannot afford to switch to another source of heat. Gas prices are threatening to rise to $5 a gallon. Patacki sucks.

Can't remember where, but somewheres in the US a company plans on contructing a new nuclear power plant. Having done research on this topic before, I know that with the proper safety precautions in place nuclear power is the most powerful and very efficient alternate source of energy. If proper techniques are used to store waste materials, they would be practically harmless.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#15 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:38 AM

But for how long? As I recall, Nuclear waste lasts for thousands of years at least. Most every container would be destroyed/decomposed by then.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size