Chefelf.com Night Life: Should the prequels just be forgotten? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Should the prequels just be forgotten? Would it be for the best for the OT?

#16 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:15 PM

I think only forgot the prequel movies but never forget Clone Wars!

#17 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:11 PM

Is the Clone Wars series really worth watching?

#18 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

Yes, Clone Wars serie is one of the best cartoon ever, but is too short.

#19 User is offline   Smashman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

Let's get forget Episode I and Episode II and hope they are banned from being viewed forever.

I think Episode III works best as an opening sequence to the REAL story of Episodes IV, V, and VI. Just like Raiders of the Lost Ark's unrelated Golden Idol sequence at the beginning of the movie introduces us to the story, and then the REAL story and action starts with Episode IV. I think the Star Wars Saga works best this way.

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:09 AM

Nice Smash, Man.

I like the exposition idea a little more than I enjoyed rots actually, but the same kind of thing. A glimpse of greater greatness.

Club obi-wan tongue.gif

#21 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (EwokHunter @ Oct 7 2005, 02:18 PM)
Yes, Clone Wars serie is one of the best cartoon ever, but is too short.

Never saw "Clone Wars". Wasn't really interested to begin with - animation didn't look all that good.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#22 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

Guys, I think it's best if we just lived with the fact that the prequels are there and that they're a part of the (now ruined) Star Wars series.

I've already accepted it fully the moment the first prequel movie came out, and even more so in the second. I still haven't watched the third one yet, but I'm sure that it'll be out on video soon. Once it's out, any arguements as to whether it should be forgotten or brought in is out of the question for me, as not only would I just accept it, I would forget the whole fiasco and get on with life. Star Wars might have been a good part of life before, but now I realize that it's plain stupid and I should forget them like I forget every other bad movies or ruined stuff. It's not that hard at all.

Of course, criticizing it and nitpicking is not out of the question... because that's fun and it gives me a chance to socialize with you people. biggrin.gif

#23 User is offline   Smashman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

NO PALADIN!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

JUST FUKK THE PREQUELS AND ALWAYS LOVE AND CHERISH THE OT (PREFERABLY THE O-OT, OBVIOUSLY). NEVER GIVE UP HOPE AND WATCH THE OT AND TRY TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY TO FORGET THE PREQUELS.

THERE IS NO JAR JAR. THERE IS NO QUI-GON. THERE IS NO GREEDO SHOOTING FIRST, HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN, JAKE LLOYD, PADME, CGI, AND ALL OTHER WELL-DISCUSSED FLAWS OF THE SPECIAL EDITIONS AND PREQUELS. WE MUST LET THE O-OT LIVE ONWARD.

#24 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Smashman @ Oct 9 2005, 04:13 PM)
JUST FUKK THE PREQUELS AND ALWAYS LOVE AND CHERISH THE OT (PREFERABLY THE O-OT, OBVIOUSLY). NEVER GIVE UP HOPE AND WATCH THE OT AND TRY TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY TO FORGET THE PREQUELS.

THERE IS NO JAR JAR. THERE IS NO QUI-GON. THERE IS NO GREEDO SHOOTING FIRST, HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN, JAKE LLOYD, PADME, CGI, AND ALL OTHER WELL-DISCUSSED FLAWS OF THE SPECIAL EDITIONS AND PREQUELS. WE MUST LET THE O-OT LIVE ONWARD.

Great Speech, man crying.gif
thumbsup.gif

#25 User is offline   fett Icon

• New Cop

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:42 AM

As far as I'm concerned, BOBA FETT DOES NOT HAVE A NEW ZEALAND ACCENT. that is all. OT all the way, it's been said, it's been said that it's been said. I'm not "hating" on New Zealanders, but for fuck's sake, Boba Fett SO does not need that voice.

#26 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

Smashman, with all due respect, I fully understand your love of Star Wars and what it stood for. I once was like you, I had once claimed that Star Wars will be eternally the greatest movies ever and my all time favorites until the day I would die (and I actually wanted to be buried with them, too). But it's just that as time passes and with the unshakable thoughts that the prequels gave me, and the criticisms of even the original trilogy (the original, not special edition) I had more or less surrendered. I still have the original versions of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, but I lost the original New Hope and there's nothing I can do to get it back.

You're a better man than I in this regard. You decided to stick staunched in what you believe in this movie. It is more than a movie to you, it is a symbol of an era, a piece of your childhood and life and a part of American culture. You stuck to it while I gave up. There's nothing I can do, and for that, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

#27 User is offline   Smashman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

*pats Paladin on the shoulder*

Well there's always LOTR... Lucas can't ruin THAT!

And, yes, NOTHING will ruin my love of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. I will always love and cherish these three until I die.

This post has been edited by Smashman: 12 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

#28 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

LOTRs is a pretty good deal. I have the two towers on video, but I bought that by accident as I wanted to get the fellowship of the ring first. I didn't watch it all even though it's been with me for more than 2 years. It was all too confusing as I had not watched the the first movie...

#29 User is offline   Casual Fan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:28 AM

I have been rereading LOTR quite happily, and the only impression Jackson's movies have made have been the portrayals of Miranda Otto, Bernard Hill, Ian Holm, Elijah Wood, and Ian McKellan in their respective roles and the settings, which were excellent. I've been able to "screen out" things like every seen involving Gimli (since the Tolkien Gimli has nothing in common with the Jackson Gimly) or Aragon's fall from his horse since nothing like this remotely shows up in the books.

OK, with the Star Wars prequels there is actually quite a bit in The Phantom Menace and the Revemge of the Sith that is memorable but how much of a relation do we have with the original movie (Ep. 4?)? Where these movies reference Star Wars: A New Hope they blantantly contradict it. You can not only watch this movie without reference to the prequels, I'm convinced that if you watched it as some sort of continuation of the prequels you would go insane. Completely different in style, let alone the discontinuities in plot.

The prequels have more continutity with ESB and especially ROTJ, but come on, we look at the prequel Yoda and we see the same character as the ESB/ ROTJ Yoda? We look at the ROTJ Emperor and we expect him to start hamming it up more like the ROTS Emperor? I don't think you can watch these movies and expect them to be the same as Lucas' later efforts.

I think Lucas quite intentially tried to erase the OT with the prequels, for some reason known only to him, but failed. He went to far. I can't see how anyone who genuinely likes the prequels can be a fan of the OT, and vice versa.

#30 User is offline   Smashman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

Look at people's lists on how they rank the saga.

TPM and AOTC are ALWAYS at the bottom. ESB is always on top, with either Sith, Hope, and Jedi all in second, third, and fourth.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size