• +

darwin? evolution? WTF?

#31 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

Now that is someone who needs thier meds.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#32 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:15 PM

That post must have been moderated before I even read it.

That Creation Science and intelligent design stuff is funny as sometimes - I was working on pliosaurs, which are short-necked plesiosaur variants that have an inverted nostril, and I found something that says "The pliosaur is a great example of intelligent design - evidently, God the Creator preempted the development of the ram scoop in modern jet aircraft for the pliosaurs" - to which I went something along the lines of'wtf? how does a 140-million-year-old marine reptile support a theory that says the world was created six thousand years ago.'

But for all that I can sometimes laugh at them, they are beginning to grate on me.

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

"Fossils are the buried remains of the wicked men and animals that perished 4,000 years ago in the Flood!"

oil maybe...

in fact that is interesting.

a large group of animals, men, plants die... decompose, and become a horrible black sludge.

4000 years later (if you're a christian), or 40000000000years later (if you're an athiest), and everyone is fighting for control over the remains of our forefathers so that we can grind it up and stick in machines until they come out as smoke to fill our lungs, insulate the suns harmful rays, and turn our rain into acid...

it's actually much worse then fucking your own clone...

#34 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

I haven't stopped laughing since I read that! biggrin.gif

#35 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

Oil = fossilised dead plankton. Food for oil, war for oil sounds much less glamorous (and it already sounds pretty nasty) when you go "And America is sending in its troops to secure a supply of fossilised dead plankton.

"Everyday, I fill my car with fossilised dead plankton and its starting to cost 5$ a gallon for the FDP to run my SUV"

#36 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

it's not just plankton...

oil is people!!!

#37 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

Fossil fuels are fossilised autotrophs - coal is fossilised land autotrophs (plants), oil is fossilised marine autotrophs (plankton)

Sometimes, bits of people can potentially go into coal, but oil is only formed under water, and is drilled out of land that was once covered by ocean. Sorry, but there are no people in oil. Just fossilised dead plankton.

#38 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

oil is compressed organic waste.

there defenatley dinasaur in there...
i'll bet ten bucks there's people in there...

who you going to beleive, me: the coolest guy on earth,
or some scientist who thinks burning fossilized fuel and getting rich by poisoning your air is good.

huh...

i could say that oil is made from cheese and you should beleive me....

#39 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:07 AM

Mr. Poopy Pants' logic strikes again!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#40 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:19 AM

Oil is compressed organic waste - from plankton.
I'm sorry, but your coolest guy on earth status fades when you start arguing with me in my specialty.

Masses of plankton die, masses are eaten - some fall into still-water basins where they seal themselves in when sediment are deposited on top of them, and they are 'cooked' under pressure and become petroleum. For some stupid reason we drill through the sediment cap and haul out the stuff, cook it in refineries so it separates into a number of varieties and put them to use choking up the atmosphere and powering numerous doobies.

#41 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:40 PM

Yeah well, if I start my own religion that believes that the world revolves around cheese, and this cheese writes a book through me about how cheese created the universe, etc. Oh yeah, and barend would be an archbishop, hence anything he says is beyond the truth, it is infact, fact the words that come out of his mouth, or in this case fingers. We would all believe you to be a hethan! Cheese rules the world! All hail the cheese! The cheeseday is coming! Convert NOW! Before its too late!

#42 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

What, is your slogan going to be "Behold The Power Of Cheese"?

Bah I can consume cheese, therefore I am greater than cheese.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#43 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

Cheese is love.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#44 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

Wayne: biggrin.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#45 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

I guess there could be people in oil, but I doubt it.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size