Chefelf.com Night Life: Favorite Pet - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Favorite Pet

Poll: what is your favorite pet?

what is your favorite pet?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

Cats and Dogs? I think my puppy Louis was named for the beagle in that film.

Bad neighbor was bad to Louis, who I fed under the fence all summer. Bad neighbor moved, left Louis to me. I don't know where Lou's name came from.

Nor did I see all the film. It just struck me that Louis (pronounced Loo-EEE) may have been named after the beagle in the movie. (Came out about the same time.)

And Louis is the first name of my grandfather who died in a plane crash before my father was born. I liked that. (edit: I liked the NAME, not the fact my grandfather died tragically. Mamma remarried, Louis' surname is my middle name, and part of my pseudonym. TMI)

on my dating website, Louispup is tied for cutest dog. smile.gif

ps: Coco, I'm sorry about the cancer. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Despondent: 14 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

#17 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:05 PM

The cat ninjas and The Russian.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#18 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:42 PM

Of all pets, no pet is less pettish than the cat. Not only are they malevolent evil, they also disappear at will and are a true pestilence. Where I am, we are encouraged to violently kill feral cats.

Yet no pet is more pettish than the dog. Whether brain-dead beautiful Afghan Wolfhounds, uber-friendly mongrels or the Golden Retriever, nicest of all animals (not the coolest - that's reserved for octopi)... dogs rock. Also, unlike cats, dogs are actually useful and can do things.

So, while crazy cat ladies the world over may say "oooh... kitty" - the dog remains Man's Best Friend.

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:00 AM

I think we've been through this before. It all comes down to what you want in a pet. I don't like dogs because they're too dependant. I prefer a pet which will go off and take care of itself for awhile, then drop by and say hello every now and then. It also cleans itself and cleans up after itself. That's why I prefer cats over dogs.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   scubasteve4lyfe Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kittens and soda

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:25 AM

I could never choose between my cat or dog, but I do like the fact that my kitten can nap on top of me without crushing my lungs.

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:16 AM

WC: *groan* Polar Bears... dry.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#22 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:29 PM

My two cats = supreme rodent control (they hunt almost every day and leave many presents)
My dog = best alarm/gaurd possible. She barks at almost everything. It is impossible to get the jump on her.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#23 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:14 PM

I have two cats who are both completely wonderful, though in oddly different ways. One purrs and rubs against anything that moves and drools and brings live mice into the house and lets them go. The other is the reason that the neighborhood is devoid of chipmunks. There were plenty when we moved here, but within two months they were all gone. I have a slight suspicion he's got me under mild mind control, actually, because I think it's an endearing trait that he lays his 30 pound body (which is actually pretty heavy, if applied over a small surface area) on my chest and digs his claws into sensitive areas affectionately. He bites you if you don't pet him enough, or well enough, but that's kind of cute too, and it makes you feel special when you're trained well enough to know how to avoid it.

But the argument for dogs... Awww! Look at those eyes!

Note: Although most dogs who bark a lot get more and more neurotic and start warning you that they think the speck of dust in the air by your left knee is a serious threat.

This post has been edited by Mirithorn: 15 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#24 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Mirithorn @ Sep 15 2005, 10:14 PM)
start warning you that they think the speck of dust in the air by your left knee is a serious threat.

Tell me about it.

#25 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:58 PM

There's this one time when my uncle's dog thought that the speck of dust by my left knee was a serious thread, and he started barking at it.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#26 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:52 AM

Ha ha, even though I wasn't being literal ... but I think you knew that.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size