Chefelf.com Night Life: The best strategy game for pc - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

The best strategy game for pc choose your favourite strategy game

Poll: Which is the best strategy game for pc?

Which is the best strategy game for pc?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:34 PM

It's the Arbiter that's the ultimate git unit. On the simple side it cloaks all your units, on the advance side 1 lone arbiter lurking in the middle of nowhere can enduce mass paranoia amougst even the sternest of players.

And if you're playing broodwar, then you can have cloaked siege tanks devil.gif

As for the A.I. Blizzard games have notoriously vicious AI in skirmish mode (warcraft 3's a bit of an exception). It's always geared up for the short game, in a similar way to most online AOE matches. Most of the time you factor in an action delay when coding A.I. to reduce the computers reaction time and make things more balanced.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#47 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

I have trouble when I play Warcraft II. Whenever I start a skirmish game with more than two players (me against the comp.), they all target me, ignoring each other. It's pretty strange...
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#48 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:13 AM

Red alert 2 was similar. Skirmish meant all against you. In the expansion(or patch, I forget) they added in free for all, which was better.

And what do you mean about the AI in Warcraft 3, Laughlyn? That was brutal. I was getting swarmed with enemies before I had any troops, and there was no difficulty level to make things easier. Well, not until Frozen Throne.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#49 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:43 AM

I justfind WC3 the easiest of the lot in skirmish. You can at least hold ground without requiring ninja micromanagement skills. WC2's the worst for it, however if it's an island map or an air attack AI then you get some survival time and can go for outlast tactics.

FTR Red alerts enemies attacked each other pre-patch, they just tended to ally if you got too powerful, which nearly always happened. There's a line in the rules.ini that covers the subject.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#50 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:29 AM

Yeah, it was Red alert 2 which shipped with only an 'all onto you mode'. You had to turn off superweapons, because there was no question on who was going to be nuked.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#51 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:26 PM

Quasi-cool point about Redalert 2; it had a co-op campaign.

Admittedly the A.I. still sucked, but it's fun to play on the same side once in a while.
IPB Image

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size