• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Live Concerts Rate the artists

#46 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

ministry cancelled australia again...

...never trust a junkie indeed.

This post has been edited by barend: 11 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

#47 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

Thought you might like to know how Bob Dylan performed live in Vancouver on oct.11.

I know 5 people who attended the concert. Here is a break down of how the evening went.

1) He did't play the guitar but did play the harmonica and piano

2) He Sang mostly new stuff, which the audience was unhappy about

3) Dylan played all his classics in a different style. As a result, he confused everybody. You had to listen to the lyrics to figure out what song he was singing.

4) The crowd seemed really disconnected from the stage and not really 'moved'.

5) He did not play long enough

6) The ticket cost was not worth the event and the sound was not that great either. (crappy venue)

According to a guy I work with: "it was a total disaster"

Accoding to a girl I work with, who is a die hard fan: "it's not what I expected but it was pretty good" (ie it sucked)

So there you have it.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 13 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#48 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:10 AM

JUst saw Kasiabian, for the second time. Fucking great, better than the album, audience played choir on 3 tracks and the energy was amazing. Their front man has the best stage presence, imo.

Added cherry on top. MEW> great fucking band played the second opening act, sound irish prolly british, fucking amazing set and in some ways topped Kasabian.

I bought their CD right after hearing them and they sold out at the concert by the end of the night.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#49 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:17 AM

The last show I saw was legendary Canadian punk band NoMeansNo at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto. Pretty much as great as I expected it to be. They played through a lot of their back catalogue, and sampled some of their new stuff on top of that. Opening acts left much to be desired (the best part of it though, was when the vocalist for No-Name Opening Act #1 held out a mic thinking the crowd would sing along, and was met with complete silence), but NoMeansNo still blew everyone away. For old guys, they can still keep up with the younger generation.

Upcoming shows I'm considering:
These Arms Are Snakes - Oct 25
The Subhumans - Oct 26
Deerhoof - Oct 29
Threat Signal - Nov 18
Joel Plaskett Emergency - Nov 27

#50 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:50 AM

I saw Van Halen in 1992, during their For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour. They were so damn loud, I had earwax running out of my ears, and down the sides of my face. (sorry for the picture I just painted,.but it really happened). The show was awesome, Eddie played a mean and fast solo. Sammy did a number of great acoustic solos, as well as Mike and Alex. This band sounds great on their albums, and to see and hear them live is so much better.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#51 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (mireaux7 @ Oct 16 2006, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw Van Halen in 1992, during their For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour. They were so damn loud, I had earwax running out of my ears, and down the sides of my face. (sorry for the picture I just painted,.but it really happened). The show was awesome, Eddie played a mean and fast solo. Sammy did a number of great acoustic solos, as well as Mike and Alex. This band sounds great on their albums, and to see and hear them live is so much better.

When I saw Wolf Eyes in 2005 they gave me a runny ear, so I can sympathize there. biggrin.gif

#52 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

just saw megadeth and soulfly on sunday night.

fucking metal dudes!!!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size