• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Urban Dead No, not another MMORPG

#1 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

Here's something I've been hooked on for the last two weeks. It is a game set in the English city of Malton that has been over run by zombies. Now you can either be a survivor and try and turn back the tide of the undead, or more likely... survive, Or you could be one of the many zombies in this post-apoctyliptic world.

First, this is a true lunch break game. The game is turned based where you get about 50 actions every day. Now you can use those fifty actions to blast some zombie ass, search for supplies, and barricade the building you are in so tight it'd make fort knox look like a chain link fence. Honestly, it only takes 20 minutes to control 3 charicters, but oh man are those 20 minutes fun.

As for game tips, I suggest you read the FAQs. No, I demand you read the FAQs other wise you won't know what the hell is going on. Like for instance, when you log off, your charicter is still on the map, this makes finding a safe house very important. Also, you can find a handy dandy map in the FAQs which is quite usefull.

Let me say though, the game is slow. Most people don't level within the first 4-5 days of playing. Also, this game is new, made over the summer by a horror movie enthusiest named Kevin, it is only 2 months old, but suprisingly stable.

And, poke around the forums for a bit, it's always nice to get a bit of info and newbie guides after you're done with your APs.

Urban Undead linkage

Basic guides, very handy

So if you like zombie movies, George Romero, or the apocolypse, then this game is for you.

(Christ, this is what happens when you take marketing in highschool, everything sounds like a bloody advertisement.)
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#2 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

Guess it's too late to change my schedule?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#3 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:10 AM

Well - I killed a zombie... the other people didn't seem to do much.

#4 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:44 AM

Sounds like great fun. I'll play it when I get home, and I'll try to kill you, Kirby. tongue.gif

Edit: On the subject of zombies, I just saw what may be the coolest thing ever. A kid was walking around with an Umbrella Corporation T-shirt! I wanty!

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 07 September 2005 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#5 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:02 AM

It's passable, but what's the long term play incentive?

Why, if it's set in England, do cops have guns? They should be able to give the zomibes a slap on the wrist but not much else.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#6 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:28 PM

Well - I killed a zombie... the other people didn't seem to do much.

They were probably logged off at the time. If you log off, your charicter doesn't just dissapear off of the map, he stays untill you log back on and do something.

TALES OF INTEREST.

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

I propost that we band together under one zombie killing banner.
Edit: Unless, of course, you're a zombie!

Where should we meet? I'm around Pegton, use the map at this location
http://www.jonathanf...ead/mapping.php

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 07 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#8 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:31 PM

I've got a character in running distance (Roachtown PD, I think). Let me know where you're holed up.

Before I do though, Is anyone a Zombie, and can anyone barracade?
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#9 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

We're in the heavily barricaded Cowing Way Police Dept. I explored some and jumped back in here. It's just after my spawn point, so everyone who was a firefighter barricaded it up. You should be able to make it if you move diagonally.

Edit: When I went exploring, I noticed a few zombies northwest of my position, but you should be able to run past them, and there's none where I am.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 07 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#10 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:47 PM

The forts gonna be the problem. Armourys attract people, people attract zombies. Don't rely on the PD defences too much. The LSN forums mention a number of mass zombie attack plans......

Let's wait on the others first, just in case there's a better location to meet at.

(Besides, I'm out of AP)
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:58 PM

I'd suggest the south side of the map, reports say that 'The Many' (an orginized zombie hoard that numbers between 60-100) is up in the NE. Penny Heights is a nice enough place, has the PDs and Hospitals that you would need.

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys my charicter names:

Axemaster, North Blythvill (fireman)
Jeffypoo, Santlervill (main charicter, medic, but currently dead. After I find the fucker that heavily barricaded my safehouse, I'll get revived)
Serrai, Penny Heights (Private, armed to the teeth, 10 points if you can tell me where his name comes from)

Oh and on heavily barricaded buildings, you can't get into them unless you have free running. It's a real pain in the ass to get around this so most un-retarded people keep baricades at 'quite strong'.

TALES OF INTEREST.

#12 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:10 AM

I've got a firefighter called Anvilhawk in Keys Cinema, Tollyton - I don't know where that is in relation to anywhere else - I seem to be able to get into barricaded buildings - I mainly just walk around, hit any zombies I find with my axe and then hide in a building.

#13 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:04 AM

I'll play, but only if it doesn't turn into another Gangsta Wars...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#14 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

Pegtons probably the most central location. I'll get my running shoes on.
IPB Image

#15 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:55 AM

I'll be waiting for you guys.

Then I assume we'll travel southwest in search of zombie smashing?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size