Chefelf.com Night Life: Giving up Mountain Dew - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Giving up Mountain Dew As well as soda completely...

#31 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:54 AM

"I'm a consumer whore!"
And how!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#32 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:45 AM

Dammit Slade, you beat me to it...even though you're on holiday.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#33 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

Now, I wonder how many more times it will take before Revan gives up on giving up.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#34 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Sep 11 2005, 07:31 PM)
I officially declate Revan the Pepsi Corporation's bitch.
I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH PEPSI. IT IS TASTY BUT CANNOT COMPARE TO THE DIVINE TASTE MOUNTAIN DEW GIVES ME. I HAVE SAID IN RECENT POSTS THAT MOUNTAIN DEW IS JUST USING THE PEPSI COMPANY. I AM NOT EVEN MOUNTAIN DEW'S BITCH. THAT IS WHY I AM MAKING A CONCIENCE EFFORT TO STOP DRINKING HIM.

edit:my keyboard was broken when i typed this, so i am not angry.

This post has been edited by Revan-47: 13 September 2005 - 05:09 PM

"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#35 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:09 PM

Now it's all in lower case.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#36 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:54 PM

The first step to giving up Mountain Dew is to stop refering to it with a gender. biggrin.gif

#37 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

Or even as a sentient being.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#38 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

Here's what I did when I got off soda. I gave it up, waited as long as I could (four days) then I had a can of coke. So I said to myself, "okay, just wait at least 5 days, then have another can." The system was basically just drinking soda less and less often, until finally, when I got to the point where I was going 21 days without soda, I gave it up for good. And diet drinks are bad because they are flavored with aspartame, which at your bodies' normal temperature turns to formaldehyde.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#39 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:36 AM

It takes a temperature of over 100 degrees farenheit to break the chemical down into those components. It has phenylalanine, which is very bad if you're phenylketonuric, and it just tastes wretched besides...

#40 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

My method is that I am a cheap bastard and ususally unwilling to buy it for myself. That and my parents don't buy it often.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#41 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

Hm...?

How old are you, Zatoichi?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#42 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:48 AM

18 about to be 19. I go to a college about an hour away that has no dorms (which was my original plan). As frightening as it seems, I can still live with my parents (and my siblings). My weekly schedule is set up so that I am not at home at the same time as everyone else, or I'm just asleep. I have traded putting up with shit and having less freedom for having my life made easier. That and my house is really nice. Besides, I'm a goody-two-shoes for the most part so I'm not too bothered. Also, now that my asshole younger step brother has finally gone off to college, everyone is more at ease.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 17 September 2005 - 07:49 AM

#43 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

You're at college but living with your parents? Pardon my stupidity, but what's the point then? By the end of this just finished summer, I was ready to stab everybody and my put-upatude was at an end. I would have gone homocidal very soon if I hadn't left for college.

This post has been edited by Slade: 17 September 2005 - 11:56 AM

#44 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:20 AM

It isn't too hard we are not around each other too much, and for the most part I like to think that I behave. My upkeep is house work. That about somes it up. Also, home cooked meals and my room is just about finished.

#45 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Sep 18 2005, 12:20 AM)
It isn't too hard we are not around each other too much, and for the most part I like to think that I behave.  My upkeep is house work.  That about somes it up.  Also, home cooked meals and my room is just about finished.

I agree. Living at home is also a lot cheaper. And besides! The 'rents are at work! wub.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size