Chefelf.com Night Life: Ah Lucas, you old so and so... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Ah Lucas, you old so and so... Major inconsistency with Anikan's charac

#1 User is offline   Jarth Mader Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

I hope nothing like this was already posted on this board but here it goes. I just realized this after reading some lame thread on theforce.net.

Lucas made Anikan out to be this brash young person that was defiant towards any means of authority. He didn't like having to submit to anyone or follow orders or be second best at anything.

So why in the hell did he so suddenly become a servant of the emporer no questions asked. Even if he did have the proper motivation, yadda yadda yadda, I just don't see it in Anikan's character to become the Emperor's bitch for such a long time.

Nice going Luke-ass

#2 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Jarth Mader @ Aug 26 2005, 04:48 PM)
So why in the hell did he so suddenly become a servant of the emporer no questions asked.  Even if he did have the proper motivation, yadda yadda yadda, I just don't see it in Anikan's character to become the Emperor's bitch for such a long time.

Nice going Luke-ass

He wants the supposed secret Palpatine got from Darth Plageous about eternal life. Its odd then that he drops the issue that Padme's dead like a rock and goes about trying to turn Luke to depose the Emperor together without knowing the secret or maybe by then he came to the realization that Palpatine didn't know or wasn't going to share.

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:29 PM

There was that great line from a parody posted here somewhere.

(paraphrased) the emperor said "vader do this or I'll, what was it I said I'd do?"
vader: "I forgot also".

#4 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:39 PM

Nice going Luke-ass

[/quote]thats great!! luke-ass!!! laugh.gif
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:11 AM

Luc-hiss! angry.gif

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

I applaud you!

I didn't watch the movie yet, but your point is as true and as valid as ever. How is it that Anakin, one who is so given to continual complaining and bitching about how much he hates his Master and all his 'holding him back', suddenly go to be a total slave to a man who tricks him and gives an empty promise.

One could say that Vader got all his power from Palpatine and as such, because the most feared and respected individual and 2nd in power in the whole empire. But the biggest issue is that this was not the reason why he signed up with Palpatine. He did it to learn how to save Padme, and guess what? Not only did he not save her, he was the direct cause behind her death and all he did was scream 'nooooo' at the end of the movie.

Talk about a screwed up beyond recovery plot!

Luke-Ass indeed!

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Paladin @ Aug 31 2005, 05:29 AM)
One could say that Vader got all his power from Palpatine and as such, because the most feared and respected individual and 2nd in power in the whole empire.

I get it now. Vader is like the Joseph of the bible story. Pharoh's number two, in a strange land, all alone from his family, prophetic dreams, and with the power to save or set free all who have wronged him. (additionally, father of chosen people.) Just don't mess with Pharoh, and you're golden.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size