Chefelf.com Night Life: your video game memories - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

your video game memories games that brought you good times

#1 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

video game memories

what are some memories you have of playing any particular video game,..new or old.

there is something magical about playing video games. either with a bunch of friends or family members or alone locked away in your room for several hours at a time.

there are games that make you start a trash talking session with your best friends,.and there are games when your best friend's help is desperately needed in order to finish the game as a co-op team.

there's something cool about playing your favorite game alone by yourself from 9pm until 4am in the morning, and having at your disposal is cold pizza from the fridge, a gatorade, maybe a few beers, some pringles or nacho cheese doritos..maybe you have the stereo cranked up listening to megadeth while playing gears of war. or maybe youre listening to tu-pac while playing grand theft auto.

i have many video game memories. i think video games are awesome.

i remember when i got my first paycheck from my first job and i was debating on whether i should buy an snes or a sega genesis. i compared them, side by side, and decided upon the snes. one of the factors that led my decision was an ad printed on the snes box that said i could get super mario all-stars free by mail. it wasnt until i got home, i realized that promo was over. bwwwaaaaaa!!!!!

i also remember christmas of 1994, at my house. my relatives came over, cousins, neices and nephews. we gathered around and took turns playing donkey kong country on my snes. it seemed like it lasted forever.

i also remember when i showed a friend "level 3" of contra III-the alien wars, and he proclaimed it as being the best graphics he had ever seen for a 16 bit system (this was circa 1995,..lol)

i remember days when my two nephews would come over to my place, and we would take turns playing final fantasy VIII and legend of dragoon. nothing like a good rpg and a group of friends to pass the time.

i remember seeing,..for the first time ever,..a gameboy on display at my local target store!!..this of course, was in 1989. and there was a crowd of kids waiting eagerly to play it. some adults made comments they would love to have one to play at work. wow, 18 years ago,.unbelieveable

on another, more recent christmas..me, and my nephews and nieces took turns playing many of the wonderful games on midway arcade treasures volume I. (for those poor souls who dont know,.this is an awesome collection of old school games)..paperboy and root beer tapper seemed to be the favorites. not to forgot smash tv..a very addictive co-op game.

i remember christmas of 1983. i got an e.t watch, and e.t shirt, and e.t. the video game for atari 2600. i remember being very happy. i think my happiness receded some once i popped that cartridge in, played it, and fell down a hole that took me an hour to get out of.

i remember going to sega gameworks in may 1999, and they had on display " a sega dreamcast"..i was whoa..what the heck is this? the kid working there, is like.."its a sega dreamcast.. and its scheduled to be launched on sept 9th of this year". it had a fishing game on display with a castrod controller.

i remember seeing a gamepro ad for secret of mana, and thinking to myself that it had great graphics, and that i wanted to buy it with my next paycheck. im not sure what happened, but i forgot to buy it. that was a mistake, cause its catching quite a few handsome dollars on ebay right now.

i remember going to a friends house and seeing a turbo graphx 16 for the first time. i was like..uhh,.where is the cartridges. and he was like,..noo..it takes these credit cards, you pop these credit card things into it, and it plays them...and i was like,.thats weird.

i remember going to another friends house one time, and he had just bought a sega genesis and was playing mortal kombat. i was in awe at how great the graphics looked. LOL!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by mireaux7: 06 May 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#2 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

I can remember devoting weekends to Donkey Kong Country and Mortal Kombat 3 with my friend when they came out. We rode down to the local video store at opening time on Saturday morning and rented them out, stayed at his house and played them all night and the next day, and returned them on the deadline on Sunday.

Then there was the week I went to Mandurah with friends, and we played Smash Bros Melee, Mario Party, Timesplitters 2 and Anaconda all week.

Not to mention all the nights since then when we've gotten drunk and played Anaconda(which we now call Chupacobra - long story).

The best single player experience for me would have to be the final battle of Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn the first time through. My character was stunned or held, Haer Dalis was mazed, Anomen and Mazzy were dead. Keldorn was the only one active. We'd killed off Irenicus' demons, so he was the only one left on his side. The two were standing there attacking each other, and both were running very low on health. I knew it was going to be close, both were "Nearly Dead". If Irenicus died first, I'd won the game. If Keldorn died first, Irenicus would then kill me whilst I couldn't move and the game would be over. Even if I came out of the stun before he killed me, he regenerates so fast that he would have been at full health again, and I was too hurt at that time to stand against him. So I sat there holding my breath, and hoping Keldorn would prevail. There was a great amount of swearing on my part as Keldorn fell down dead. Then, a miracule occured. Haer Dalis escaped from the maze spell and appeared standing directly behind Irenicus. He looked around as if dazed for a moment, then almost casually just reached forward and stabbed Irenicus. Irenicus screamed and fell down dead, and the game was mine. Honestly, the timing couldn't have been done better. It was like a scene out of a movie.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#3 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

That sounds like when I was fighting the Kefka-tower at the end of FFVI. I worked my way up the tower doing my best to counter the endless bolts of judgement and entire-party-insta-down-to-one-hp-unblockable things. I'm at the top and everyone gets wiped out. Poor Cyan is up there with Dragoon boots trying to keep everybody alive for the last stand. I'm out of restoratives and Phoenix down and desperately trying to stay alive. BAM, I'm knocked down to the very low triple digits of HP (which is nearly-dead at the end of the game), and I do a Dragoon jump just before Kefka does some wrath. I figure I'm screwed, but I'm not going down without a fight. About 20 seconds later, Cyan drops down on top of Kefka's head and kills him with that final blow.

And I've clocked countless hours with my friends in Perfect Dark. We could play for hours and hours against hordes of sims.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size