Chefelf.com Night Life: Rockstar in 'controversial game' shocker! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Rockstar in 'controversial game' shocker!

#16 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:42 PM

Naw, it was just strange leaving a sentence hanging like that.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#17 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:44 AM

Not that anybody seems to care, but I meant to say "why not try something not completely controversial?"
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#18 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:23 AM

Heh. I was wondering why you said "Rockstar, try something controversial."

And I like the second quote much better. Being a bully in school: I had enough on the receiving end for me not to enjoy that. However, being the underdog vigilante and taking out bullys does appeal. The question is, will this raise the amount of school shootings and sentator outcries for banning video games, or lower them?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#19 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:59 AM

Well, if those bullied stand up for themselves better, or band together with others there might actually be improvements in society. Of course, then gangs will have been formed and there will be another thing to blame videogames for.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 12:37 AM

you know... i think i am just about at the end of my teather with these moral-in-public-where-people-can-here-them types...

Why don't they just go and get solidly fucked once and for all...

Ms Carnell told the BBC News website: "Bullying is not a suitable theme for a game. It diminishes the suffering of victims. And such games give the impression that these types of experiences are normal. We are very concerned that they have an effect on young people."

well Ms Carnell is a stupid cow.

i went four different schools, so i think i speak with a bit of authority here...

but rockstars computer game's contribution to bullying if there is any at all would be quite insignificant to the globally uniform proceedure of schooling institutions habit of looking the other way while bullies do their thing.

honestly... no teacher in history has ever fended of bullies from their victims.

it is school policy to not get involved...

and the parents of bullies are even worse...

i mean say what you like about kids gone bad in shootings and robberies but it without a doubt in my overabundant experience on the matter that teachers and parents turn a blind eye EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME!!!

school bullies are by far the least punished or even acknowleged criminal group in operation and have been forever...
...and a video game that just came out is the key?

I seriously think not!!!

and any educated person who even suggests it should be stripped of thier college credentials immediatley and forced to work in burger king because they have no more right teaching kids then junkie does looking after electronic goods!!!

utter insanity!!!

Last week youth group Peaceaholics staged a protest outside the company's headquarters there in protest at plans to release Bully.

oohhhh... even better...

a youth group of peaceaholics....

maybe they should be gathered around the front of the school....
or around the bullies home.

ah, god bless the people.

when there's a fire in the kitchen, their the first to throw a pale of water in the bedroom of the house down the street.

This post has been edited by barend: 22 August 2005 - 12:43 AM

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:52 AM

Somebody from Rockstar should come outside and give them all wedgies.

Yeah, this is just another case of shifting blame from society and groupthink to an inanimate object that calls it to attention.

The faculty doesn't get involved, and the students nearby are either wusses (that is, afraid to lose face to defend someone bullied), don't care, or enjoy watching an asshole torment someone. Or they join in.

#22 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

If I had a development company and protestors gathered outside my work, I'd open a window and yell through a magaphone "Attention! You. Are. Gay. Get a fucking life."
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

They should beat them up.

but i like floppy's response.

honestly this really pisses me off...

again art that immitates life is accuse of instigating it.

perhaps if schools had the balls to expell bullies, there wouldn't be a problem.

#24 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:06 PM

I agree. Bullies never get punished and that's why they continue to bully kids. As simple as that. But it's easier to blame other guy instead of you so teachers and parents blame the game.

Just like in that South Park episode when parents don't want to teach sex to the kids and they blame the school for it.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#25 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

Heh. I was wondering why you said "Rockstar, try something controversial."

Because I was tired.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#26 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

Maybe if today's society didn't suck so badly. The parents obviously don't discipline their children well enough, or they don't spend enough time with them to instill good morals. As for teachers, there is not too much that they can do. All there is is yelling and right ups, and maybe expulsion. Heaven forbid a little real disciplinary action when those methods fail. Examples are labor and pain. Don't you just wish?
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:44 PM

I love to have the job of travelling from town to town to administer savage beatings to bullies...

#28 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for completely missing the wedgie thing. dry.gif Yeah, the problem is that bullies take advantage of the system because they won't be disciplined/don't care about getting in trouble, and they prey on the people who aren't utter smack tards, and therefore respect the rules. If I went back in time with the intent of changing my former self (which would completely fuck up my present state, and so I wouldn't), I'd tell him to kick some more ass. A little detention is better than psychological trauma.

Sith: Red rocket!

Otal: I was responding to Simewise...

#29 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

if i quantum leaped into my junior self back in early highschool i'd probably arrange some fatal 'accidents'

#30 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:05 AM

Does quantum leaping not fuck up your own space-time continuum? (I haven't seen the show.)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size