Chefelf.com Night Life: I need to know if there will be movies - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

I need to know if there will be movies 7+8+9 what are your thoughts

#1 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:stuff....

Post icon  Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:26 PM

I have heard rumors that there could be Star Wars movies 7-9 but I, being unknowledgable in the subject, am not sure how to decipher the truth from myth on this topic. ?ph34r.gif pirate.gif alien.gif devil.gif ?
OH NO!!!

#2 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:27 PM

Pirates ninjas demons and aliens OH MY!!!
OH NO!!!

#3 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

I don't think so. However, why would you like more movies? If they get done, they will surely suck if Lucas directs them. (Or writes them.)
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#4 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:47 PM

good point
OH NO!!!

#5 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:47 PM

How would one make his own site?
OH NO!!!

#6 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:51 PM

If they get made...they better leave out those ...um... Yosemite Force Squirrels..
Kryptonite for jedi....how utterly gay.

Luke is not so powerful you have to have force repellent furbies to deal with him. Sith, Force Adepts, Bad ass bounty hunters, weird alien technology(Yuhzon Vong)(or whatever), are all
plausible threats. Plus- he is only one jedi, and can't stop fleets by himself. ohmy.gif

I don't see them ever getting made. I would like to see more Star Wars, it could even be done as
a revolving TV series that changes each season..Tales of the jedi, Rogue Squadron, New Jedi Order
The rebellions greatest hits...We have a universe of lore, and a long timeline of history established to draw from.

I did read, in Entertainment weekly, that the movies will be re-released in 3-D...
Jar-Jars tongue will now seem to hover above the audience before Jinn grabs it. I can't wait..

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Stray nerf @ Nov 15 2005, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see them ever getting made. I would like to see more Star Wars, it could even be done as
a revolving TV series that changes each season..Tales of the jedi, Rogue Squadron, New Jedi Order
The rebellions greatest hits...We have a universe of lore, and a long timeline of history established to draw from.

Hate to be the one to break the news to you, but a TV show is either in production or has been cleared for takeoff (I forget which)
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#8 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:02 PM

Really? hadn't heard that...thanks Floppy.

I will watch an be obsessed with it like everything else..We keep hanging on because of the brilliance of the OT....there is so much potential in the Star Wars universe..and sadly just as much potential for train wrecks like 'crapisode one'. sick.gif

#9 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

george lucas has already written scripts for episode 7-9. ive read them.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#10 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Nov 15 2005, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
george lucas has already written scripts for episode 7-9. ive read them.

If you're referring to those "scripts" (I use the term loosely) posted on SuperShadow.com for the past 4 years or so, they're fakes (and not very good ones at that).

And if you were referring to the notion among some fans that Timothy Zahn's three book cycle written in the 1990's (commonly referred to as "The Thrawn Trilogy")... the notion that these "are Episodes VII, VIII and IX" is not by any means official. Lucas has confirmed that his story was complete with Episode III and he "always intended" only 6 films, two trilogies. Rumors that these new movies will be made someday have been repeatedly denied (I will admit we did an April Fool's joke about this one time it's such a common thing).

The Expanded Universe has taken off completely on its own. They don't number episodes anymore.. that's what Lucas does, not these EU writers.

Then again, it's clear from old interviews (even as late as the 1990's) he planned to do three trilogies still. He changed his mind and then claimed everyone else misunderstood him. The thing is, before ROTJ was completed, he did explain that originally what we know today as ROTJ was itself three movies (but not very well fleshed out), plus repeated material from the first Star Wars, because originally it was all "one big movie."

Yet if you look at those interview bits he's still talking about more movies even when (if I'm not mistaken) ROTJ is still in production. I would have to dig to see for 100% sure that Lucas still talked about more movies (not just 3 movies, one trilogy) after ROTJ was done. Once he started creating TPM in 1994-5 (?) he suddenly started talking only about 2 trilogies, six movies, and he's stuck by that story ever since. Alternating between accusing people of misquoting him or misremembering, saying it was just a joke, and finally admitting that he was just tired of making Star Wars and he'd be too old by the time it was all done.

Anyway I'm rambling on... but the bottom line is, there are no "scripts" for these other episodes. It's just some random notes in Lucas's head that will never get made into a movie, as far as he's concerned.

This post has been edited by KurganX: 17 November 2005 - 04:27 AM

#11 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Stray nerf @ Nov 15 2005, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did read, in Entertainment weekly, that the movies will be re-released in 3-D...
Jar-Jars tongue will now seem to hover above the audience before Jinn grabs it. I can't wait..

I can... pinch.gif

#12 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

A little while back, everyone at ILM signed a contractual waiver agreement saying that they would not discuss the creation of VII, VIII, and IX. If you aren't going to make them, why would you sign an agreement saying that you won't discuss the making of the third trilogy? They're going to make them, but not from SuperShadow's scripts because he's a phony. I also just read an interview with Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) where he stated that he is under contract to make at least three additional movies... this statement was made three or four days ago.

I've also read an interview with Mark Hamill in which he tells the interviewer about working with Lucas. In this interview, he stated that Lucas was originally going to make a 12 movie saga. GL asked Hamill if he would like to be a cameo in the last movie as the old Jedi who hands his lightsaber down to the next generation. Hamill asked jokingly when that would be... in 2016?

In Australia, on location of the set of one of the prequels, Peter Jackson spoke with Lucas. They mused about their movie trilogies being based off of a number of books. Lucas told Jackson, "You're making one trilogy based off of three books, and I'm making three trilogies off of nine books."

I don't think Lucas is going to direct the third trilogy, but I believe he will write it. There are rumors that Spielberg may direct them.

#13 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

Now it's getting interesting... with Spielberg as the director... hmmhmm... this could be fun.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#14 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:51 PM

Maybe dry.gif
OH NO!!!

#15 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Mar 13 2006, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now it's getting interesting... with Spielberg as the director... hmmhmm... this could be fun.

Easy... remember War Of The Worlds? Could be good, but only if the rumors are true, and only if Spielberg doesn't pull an E.T. type of family movie on us. I've also heard a rumor about Peter Jackson directing it, but I'm apt to believe Spielberg over Jackson.

And I really hope they skip past the Vong invasion... kind of a weak storyline in my opinion.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size