Chefelf.com Night Life: How to Increase gravity on an extreme level - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

How to Increase gravity on an extreme level

#16 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:14 AM

No, no, the spinning faster thing is for artificial gravity. Such as that on a starship (which we don't have yet) or a space station ("Thats no moon ..." actually, It is what they do for real ones)

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 17 August 2005 - 07:15 AM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#17 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

I think it's a trick question. Making the planet spin faster would create a sort of normal force that pushes you towards the panet, I think, there are a couple accelerations when spinning, but the planet is so big and you're so small that I doubt you'd accelerate tangentailly.

Force is a force. And gravity creates a force. And forces can be added up.

?

F=ma. If the normal accleration, a, increaed then the total force acting on you would also increase. I think i got something here. You can increase the normal, tangential accelerations by spinning the planet faster about it's axis. And since gravity is just g=a, then there you go.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 17 August 2005 - 04:03 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#18 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

Why me? crying.gif It isn't the planet I am talking about.

*insert that quote from Star Wars about the force binding the galaxy together*
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#19 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

The force would affect every thing on the planet.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

we could open all the fridge doors, turn off all heaters, put on all airconditioners to maximum cold, etc.

then everything would be cold and more dense, thus increase mass per cubic meter.

of course the excess use of electricity would incresse coal burning and layer the stratosphere with more junk further perpetuating the greenhouse effect and increasing the need for more air conditioning to combat the ever increasing seasonal extremities...

oh crap...

that's already happening...

we're all going to die.

#21 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

I knew the government has been up to no good!

Damn government type .... people.

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:30 PM

living in their government type places...

with the air conditioning still on...

This post has been edited by barend: 17 August 2005 - 07:31 PM

#23 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:37 PM

Those despicable bastards.

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

Those thermally comfortable despicable bastards.

#25 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:25 PM

Barend: The world is 72% water. If it were to freeze, it'd become less dense. Science wins against crazy conspiracy theory!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#26 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:05 AM

But if it were to cool to 4 degrees it would be really uberdense.
Besides.

And the irony of how great the contribution of refridgeration and air conditioning to global warming is remains funky.

Population streamlining time again - we need to get rid of 5 billion people. Everyone form an orderly queue with all the assholes and global-warming men to the front.

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Aug 17 2005, 10:25 PM)
Barend: The world is 72% water. If it were to freeze, it'd become less dense. Science wins against crazy conspiracy theory!

off course... because liquids are more sense than solids wacko.gif

This post has been edited by barend: 18 August 2005 - 01:52 AM

#28 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

Well, I only agree with a few parts of the Bible one of which being "The Burning Bush" this should be reinacted.

P.S bet you can't guess what produces at least 50% and upto 90% of the world's oxygen supply.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 18 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

#29 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:21 AM

Isn't it algea? Or maybe seaweed?

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:30 AM

algea...

but it's not worth mentioning because i use 50%-90% of the worlds oxygen supply.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size