• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

We Gays Have Rights

#1 User is offline   Don Burns Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

Being a gay man from the ultra uptight state of Connecticut, I want to know why so many are against us marrying and adopting children. We deserve to have rights too!

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

Yes you do! Social conservatives go blathering about "preserving family values" and "sactity of marriage" but I've been a kid and have witnessed many, and I can say that just because you have two parents of different genders does not mean that you won't come out fucked up or lessen the chances of said fucked-uppery.

And there's a passage in Leviticus in the Bible where gay men have to be stoned to death, but so do cows that won't give milk and other discrediting things... I blame xenophobia, ignorance, and intolerance.

We've been over this in a couple of religious threads, but I'll browse for pertinent links.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Aug 8 2005, 11:45 PM)
We've been over this in a couple of religious threads, but I'll browse for pertinent links.

Yeah, right-wing nuts are so anti-gay marriage that it's pretty much impossible to mention Christianity without the subject of gay marriage comng up. 2000 years of history, war, and theological debates, and the entire culture, in North America at least, has been reduced to "those guys that don't like fags."

And yeah, you should read some of the other threads to see where the board stands.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hmmm funny, I just addressed this sort of thing in my article on Jelly Pufflemur:

http://jmhofman.tripod.com/id80.html

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:11 AM

conservative leaning non winger here. Gays enjoy the right to be as flamboyant as they wish to get their point across. I have the right to ignore same.

Don't want a gay bishop to upset my Episcopal church, thank you. If you want to be a gay priest, pick another denomination.

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

Just what exactly is the assumption about homosexual priests? I mean, we have a lot of heterosexual priests and they dont seem to bring it into the churches, and yet homosexuals would? Somehow I can't quite picture:

"Reverend Jockstrap Manthrust says that today God wants all the men here to strip naked and jump up and down while he takes pictures.... for Jesus!"

Yeah, I have no problem with a gay guy in my school, in my family, in my work place, and I definately wouldn't have a problem with a gay guy saving my soul, if I were into the whole saving my soul thing, which I guess is why I'm going to hell.

This isn't in response to your ideas Despondent, but from some people I've even heard the idea that gays are constantly looking to queerify straight folks and turn them to the sparkle side. I think it's this idea that really excludes gays from a lot of jobs, the priesthood among them. It's not the gays that bring their alignment into it, it's the biggots sitting their trying to find the complex subliminal homobutt humping messages the preacher is putting into the book of Ronald the Apycroph.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:00 PM

they reran the Simpsons civil union episode, and ran a disclaimer beforehand. Probably less effort than changing the dialogue. (Torrets syndrome changed to rabies has occurred before.)

It was a great no holds barred, shoot from Left and Right hips episode. Homer began his ceremony "Queerly beloved..." tongue.gif

got a problem with that?

I have gay friends, I try to understand gays, but I'm not crazy about the "look at MEEEEE" approach they (some) exude. I've argued my points before. Just wanted to chime in for Don.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Aug 9 2005, 09:11 AM)
Don't want a gay bishop to upset my Episcopal church, thank you. If you want to be a gay priest, pick another denomination.

wait... if priests aren't allowed to have sex anyway... what difference does it make.

if you've taken a vow of celebacy and devoted yourself to god and the church, then you don't really classify as straight or gay for all intents and purposes...

interesting thought.

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:16 AM

Sorry, that was a swipe at the Human frailties in the Catholic church. I believe child molestation (of males anyway) HAS made the world news. Sorry, but Homosexuality lost points with me on that issue.

Priests (male and female) in the Episcopal (Anglican) church ARE allowed to marry. (Marriage defined as blessed union between male and female.) Of course, over the issue of an openly gay bishop, the Anglicans are disassociating with their Episcopal church. I'm almost fed up enough to do so myself.

"if you've taken a vow of celebacy and devoted yourself to god and the church, then you don't really classify as straight or gay for all intents and purposes..."

"I'm NOTHING yet!" Martin Prince

edited for clarity.

This post has been edited by Despondent: 10 August 2005 - 09:18 AM

#10 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:07 AM

I don't think Don Burns is gay. I think he's faking it. He seems to mention it in every post, makes me wonder if he's just some kid playing around. Why would a gay guy talk about his gayness so much, it would be old news to him.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#11 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:11 AM

Is there a suspicion that he has assumed the name of a friend/associate, whom he wishes to incriminate as a homosexual on t'internet, as part of an hilarious jape?

#12 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:16 AM

Or maybe he's trying to get on our nerves repeating it every time until someone reacts really badly. Then he can go all "See? You people DO have something against gay people!".

Not something very intelligent for someone to do, but who knows...

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

Despondent: So some pervert priests molesting young boys reflects badly on homosexuality? Where in the fuck do you get that? If that's how you want to judge people than fine, I feel pretty bad because some other male perverts molest young girls. I guess that makes heterosexual males seem sick to you.

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Aug 10 2005, 09:16 AM)
Sorry, that was a swipe at the Human frailties in the Catholic church. I believe child molestation (of males anyway) HAS made the world news. Sorry, but Homosexuality lost points with me on that issue.

childmolestation is paedophilia not homosexuality...

guy's who but rape in prison generally aren't gay, they are making do with what they have...

the catholic church is lame for making that shit up about not having sex, because the bible make no such requests...

QUOTE (Despondent @ Aug 10 2005, 09:16 AM)
"if you've taken a vow of celebacy and devoted yourself to god and the church, then you don't really classify as straight or gay for all intents and purposes..."

"I'm NOTHING yet!"  Martin Prince

edited for clarity.

can you edit that for a little more clarity, i don't get what you're saying.... huh.gif

(not being argumentative, i just don't get it...)

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Aug 10 2005, 10:07 AM)
I don't think Don Burns is gay.  I think he's faking it.  He seems to mention it in every post, makes me wonder if he's just some kid playing around. Why would a gay guy talk about his gayness so much, it would be old news to him.

there are gay guy's who like to talk about being gay like it's important.
just like there alot of women who like to talk alout about being women.

issues...

sometimes i think the stereo type of heterosexual men being the loudest group on earth is fading into the realms of myth.

tongue.gif

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size