• Last »

FALLOUT 2 ***********greatest game ever***********

#76 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

Wait... watching the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? I didn't know it was in film... or whatever it's in. I know it's in several radio spots though.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#77 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

Well the films just out, but HGTTG had a BBC TV remake years ago, so that's what Sime was refering to.

But back to topic, I finally got the Time portal encounter (the one where you go back to vault 13, break the water chip, and start the whole mess), I'm playing it through on an American version that puts the kids back in.

+ So that's how you get the tools for Valerie.
- Less jokes about birth control in Vault city. Pickpockets and Childkiller perks.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#78 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

NO! You just revealed a spoiler. I haven't had a chance to play the game due partly to my computer's CD-rom drive being broken, and partly due to the huge backlog of games I have.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#79 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:37 AM

Wait, does the American version have the child killer perk, or was it removed?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#80 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:53 AM

(*Shots passing child*)

Yup, It's still in this version. (and so are all the bugs sadly).
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#81 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:29 PM

No patches?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#82 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, but they cut some of the content, so I'm playing it straight for a change. (and cursing the 'car appears but trunk is missing' bug).
IPB Image

#83 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Why in god's name would they cut content for patches?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#84 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

Only someone who'd never played fallout 2 would ask that question.

Somethings in the game are a bit sensitive, like the aforementioned childkiller perk. European games don't have killable kiddies. It's against the law y'see.

In fallouts case there's so much content, that when you fix something, something else goes wrong\missing. So cutting bits out helps. So far I haven't seen anything different, but the rumours persist.
IPB Image

#85 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

I lost my car's boot once. Incidentally, it turned up somewhere else in the game, so I got my stuff back. It just took awhile to find it dry.gif
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#86 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:15 AM

Strangest bug I even had was when all my money turned into fruit. I've seen people randomly explode too when you enter vault city

Most annoying bug (maybe a game feature, I'm not sure) is still Cassidy, who randomly forgets your orders every 5 minutes and goes charging off into a mob of deathclaws.

Does anyone here stll play FOtactics? I've been tempted to start dabbling with the campaign editor again.
IPB Image

#87 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

I never played it to begin with. I'd borrow it off my friend, but I don't have the time at the moment. Too busy with other games/uni.

#88 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:49 AM

Does anybody know the name of the old-fashioned theme song used in the Fallout games, and who plays it? I lost my copies of F/F2 when the harddrive died, so I can't check the credits, and I can't find it mentioned online. I'm looking for an mp3 version of it to use as a mobile ringtone.

#89 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:30 AM

Bad news... When I plant dynamite on hookers/children, not only do they not die when it explodes on them, but then they somehow know it was me who planted it!

And I'm the boxing champ of New Reno.

Edit: Oh, and Cassidy says his dad named him after some "mean sunuvabitch" from old comics. Surely that's Carnage's host?

Edit2: If you dig up Anna's grave with her bones, and put them in the grave and cover it back up, you don't get the grave robber thing. Just lots of good karma.

This post has been edited by Slade: 20 August 2005 - 03:42 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#90 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:06 AM

I assumed it was 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size