• « First

The Right to Bear Arms gun-toting maniacs ahoy

#121 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:55 PM

Zatoichi: Have you seen/read the battle on the Cliffs of Insanity? If you have, I don't know how you can not enjoy fencing.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#122 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

No, you've got me all wrong, I really like fencing. Just not as much as say weilding a katana or a broad sword or something.

P.S. I absolutely loved that scene.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#123 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Sep 27 2005, 04:19 AM)
I don't own a gun, and I'm sure you mean "illusions."  But yes, that's back to all that stuff I was saying at the start of this thread about independent militias fighting the US Army.  It's a farce.  The right to bear arms is always brought up as defence against tyranny.  Ignored is how all the tyrannies we know are mobbed with well-armed civilians.

cool... but I did mean 'allusions'

'illusions' and 'delusions' would also have worked in there though...

#124 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:50 PM

Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier: Swords and other midieval type weaponry are so much cooler than guns.

Oh, and I honestly don't think that our gov. would be supported by the whole of the military or police if Bush got the public pissed off enough to revolt. Not without lying through his damn teeth anyways. Oh wait, he does that already, silly me rolleyes.gif
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#125 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

Presidential approval in the military is WAY down, but the military is all in Iraq anyway. The lucky ones who are still in the US would probably be Bush supporters.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#126 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

The right to bear arms was written during a time of country-wide war against the british and they needed all the people they could find to grab a gun and fight for their freedom. It has no meaning now.

And my opinion on swords vs. guns: While swords are very impressive and require no reloading, they require skill and technique to wield, and are quite large and hard to conceal.

Guns are more compact and take less skill, but are more expensive to own due to buying all the ammo and can be used by anyone, including your own enemy, unless it has one of those safety rings.

Of course guns can be just as impressive as swords. Why do you think some schools have statues of cannons out front? They have other uses other then killing too: Starting off races, signaling ships, and blowing a chain apart if you're shackled to a wall.

#127 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

And the constitution was written after the war was over. The entire bill of rights was added as an amendment following statesmen being (rightfully) paranoid of the government using loopholes to limit their freedoms.

Guns only take no skill if you're at point blank range. There's a distinct amount of training involved in the proper use of firearms.

#128 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:27 PM

it's still point and squeeze.

#129 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:30 PM

It's pretty rare, I think, that you accidentally kill an innocent bystander with a sword.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#130 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:30 PM

What, you've never seen Space Balls?

#131 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

I don't know about you, but if I'm in a dark alleyway surrounded by a bunch of thugs who are more then happy to cut off and feed me my own testicles, I don't want 'honor' or 'skill'- I want a loaded Magnum.

This post has been edited by StantheGarbageMan: 15 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

#132 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

Damn Straight!

#133 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:15 AM

Then, don't get into that situation.
And unless you are in that situation, that doesn't justify keeping one for "just in case a handful of thugs want to break my face" - though regrettably much more likely than it should be, this is still a rare occurence.
Also - cut down on the necromancy. Let the topics die and become wholesome dead.

#134 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:22 AM

They must rest!

#135 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:18 AM

Most of the murdering by guns in the states is done by homeys from shit hole ghettos. Compton, Cabrini Greens etc...

The 'yokels' who pack heavy and support the NRA rarely kill for pleasure, monetariy gain, or paranoia.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 20 October 2005 - 02:19 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size