• « First

The Right to Bear Arms gun-toting maniacs ahoy

#106 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:40 AM

You can also use a gun to hunt, and to cull wild animals that creep in on suburban land. Swords are exclusively for killing people and/or chanelling your adolescent D&D hobby into the more socially acceptable though also more pretentious hobby of "martial arts." Notice it has the word "martial" in it? It's not just exercise. And for crying out loud, it's not art.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#107 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

C'mon, Civ. You can creep up behind a wild boar while you're on the prowl and leap on it with your broadsword and hack it to pieces too!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#108 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:03 AM

Ya see, if I don't stockpile guns, the guvmint'll take my guns away. But they cain't do that, long as I gots plenty 'o guns!
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#109 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:16 AM

laugh.gif
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#110 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Sep 23 2005, 09:40 AM)
You can also use a gun to hunt, and to cull wild animals that creep in on suburban land.  Swords are exclusively for killing people and/or chanelling your adolescent D&D hobby into the more socially acceptable though also more pretentious hobby of "martial arts."  Notice it has the word "martial" in it?  It's not just exercise.  And for crying out loud, it's not art.

unlike the grown up 'cowboys and indians' allusions of gun ownership...

thumbsup.gif

#111 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:28 PM

If I was fighting a ghost town of zombies, and I had to choose between a sword or a shotgun, I'd take the sword. Limited ammo is NOT cool.

This post has been edited by Wayne: 25 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#112 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

Or in Halo 1 fighting the flood. Shotgun ammo is a must have when playing on Legendary.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#113 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

but in halo2 i've killed more people with the sword...

#114 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Sep 25 2005, 06:43 PM)
unlike the grown up 'cowboys and indians' allusions of gun ownership...
thumbsup.gif

I don't own a gun, and I'm sure you mean "illusions." But yes, that's back to all that stuff I was saying at the start of this thread about independent militias fighting the US Army. It's a farce. The right to bear arms is always brought up as defence against tyranny. Ignored is how all the tyrannies we know are mobbed with well-armed civilians.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#115 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:46 AM

Pretty much every statistic shows that areas with gun control don't equate to less crime/gun violence..

#116 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

And places with high gun ownership do not have lower taxes, so this "defense angainst tyranny" thing is ringing hollow to my ears.

I'm not disputing that gun control does not work. I agree that gun control does not work. You can own guns in Canada, although it is more difficult to get a license, and we have murders at exactly the same rate, if not higher, than in the US. Gun violence is extreme and frightening here, even though hardly anyone owns a gun. But that's not the point of where this was going: I was just repeating that gun ownership will not frighten the military or any tyrants (unless the military turns on them) and sword ownership is just silly.

#117 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

Sw0rd pwnership is totally cool, n00b!!!1111

I'm sorry, but as a fan of eclectic stuff, I'd stick a sword on my wall.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#118 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

I didn't know that gun murders were at the same rate at Canada as in the US.

#119 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

Get this, I recently found out that one of my new neighbors is a world class fencing instructor. Right now he's in competing or something in China, but as soon as he holds classes in town I am so taking them no matter what. Of course I would have preferred a different kind of sword being taught, but you take what you can get right?
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#120 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:37 PM

My neighbor is a problem drinker! Put the two together, and good times will be had by all!

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size