Chefelf.com Night Life: Whatever happened to Liam Neeson? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Whatever happened to Liam Neeson?

#1 User is offline   darth_newmacer Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:34 AM

I know that alot of people are pissed 'cus no Qui-Gon in Ep. III, but for me, Qui-Gon was a selling point for the entire series! With one spirit scene in which he talks to Obi-Wan (after he injured Anakin) about taking Luke as his apprentice would have made the film great, but I never saw Qui-Gon! So why couldn't rich ol' Lucas get Neeson to do the project? Or did he evn get off his fat ass to even approach him!?
I'm just wondering why the HUGE let-down!?

#2 User is offline   rock_dash Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Anime, manga, Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, other general and specific geekery

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:36 PM

Whatever happened to Liam Neeson?

He became Ras Al'goul.

*rimshot*
I finally got a sig!

Oh God, I had no idea! How can they keep it going? You mean, Return of the Children of the Corn etc? Children of the Corn 2? Children of the Corn and the Prisoner of Azkaban? I Know What You Did With The Children Of the Corn???? Yes, it's horrible!!!!
-Some guy on IMDB.com just finding out that there was more than one Children of the Corn movie

#3 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (rock_dash @ Jul 23 2005, 12:36 PM)
He became Ras Al'goul.

*rimshot*

Its pretty interesting to see him actually do stuff in Batman Begins with an actual script that lets him develop a flesh and bone character as opposed to the frustration we see in TPM.

As for why he wasn't in the other parts of the PT, Lucas did away with him like he did Darth Maul. If he managed to master how to live through the Force its a mystery as he doesn't appear the way Obi Wan did in the OT, I don't think the shouts of "Anakin No!!!!" count for much overall.

Liam Neeson is also on record for saying he was considering giving up acting alltogether after TPM. Good thing he reconsidered and got some good roles since then, becoming the white Morgan Freeman.

#4 User is offline   dougte Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jul 23 2005, 03:51 PM)
Liam Neeson is also on record for saying he was considering giving up acting alltogether after TPM. Good thing he reconsidered and got some good roles since then, becoming the white Morgan Freeman.

The white Morgan Freeman...I like that one! biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

And now the Liam is gonna be Aslan (or at least his voice) in the first Narnia movie: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. A pretty good choice imho. thumbsup.gif

As to whatever happened to him after TPM, I think he simply refused to ever work with George again. Also a good choice. I never saw him not being in ROTS as a letdown, the entire concept of Qui-Gon is a letdown. He's in TPM to get killed, and that's it. Even though Liam is great Qui-Gon is a completely unnecessary character.

#6 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

I heard Liam didn't appear in Episode II because he was in a motorcycle accident and neede time to heal, though it's more than possible that he simply didn't want to "feel like a puppet" again.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#7 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:00 PM

well, actually, we didnt see a force ghost until empire strikes back. all obi wan does is talk in a new hope.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#8 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:38 AM

As to whatever happened to him after TPM, I think he simply refused to ever work with George again

Crap. Apart from the fact that Neeson did work on Ep2 as the script demanded it, he was never in Ep 3 (in spirit form) anyway. He had lines that were eventually cut, but that fact alone tells us that they still had a working relationship.

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Jul 30 2005, 12:38 AM)
they still had a working relationship.

or a contract. Crap.

#10 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:49 PM

Terence Stamp was asked to come back after Episode I as the ousted Chancellor Valorum, but he declined, stating "Actors prefer to work with actors."

Kneel before General Zod!

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 01 August 2005 - 10:49 PM

I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#11 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:10 AM

or a contract.

thats what I meant (I think)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size