Chefelf.com Night Life: Rhu's Journal: The Half-Blood Prince Experience - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rhu's Journal: The Half-Blood Prince Experience Part 2 is now added!

#76 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:37 AM

Well I've managed to read this thread from start to finish. What a ride!

Rhu - fabulous job. It was a very cute image of you reading and then jumping up to the computer to type up your next thought and then going back to it only to jump up again five minutes later as something else attracted/irritated you. Very unique indeed for a critique.

I'm going to stay right away from the American's are stupid part of this thread and will simply say -"What Civ#2 said!"

Almost like Chef I was able to read most of the books in one consecutive string after picking up a set of the first 5 books on Amazon really cheap (they're the American copies so I've got the Sorcerer's Stone which was not published in Australia so I actually feel a little special :-). I really didn't have a great deal of interest in the books or the movies, but after buying them I figured I should read them. I can only echo the sentiment of the people who loved these books and have had a similar experience to Chef also. It really was like reading one massive story with a little break before starting the 6th book. For this reason I think I also didn't have so many issues with the last two books - but I can certainly see the points being made in hindsight.

I'll happily admist that I picked Snape as the Prince quite early, more from the point that Snape has been identified as being a potions whiz fairly early on. So when Harry was able to use this book (obtained from Snape's storeroom) with all these helpful hints I kind of tweaked to it.

Abbey - I'm going to say to you please consider carefully what Civ#2 has said and then listen to my voice very carefully. You will have to listen closely as I'm shouting from 12 stories down on the street below your ledge...

JUMP!
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic