• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Thecomplaining thread. For depression.

#976 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:53 PM

This is what was written on the board in the band hall once we returned from our trip to San Marcos, Texas:

"KILL ME NOW" -- A Band Trip Survivor

Yeah. Let's take a look at what went wrong.

1. I got up at 4:30 AM and trudged down to the band hall carrying about fifty pounds of weight which consisted of my backpack, my uniform, and a garbage bag of clothes because I didn't have a suitcase. After waiting a half an hour to load, our trip was delayed a further three hours because bus six broke down and we had to wait for another on to show up from Alexandria. I could have gone to class!

2. During the wait and seven-hour ride with no rest stops, the bus was freezing, and my right arm felt frostbitten the entire time because I was sitting at the window seat. And it was very cramped.

3. We got to skip the high school guest performance and go shopping at a mall instead, but with my piss-poor directional sense I got lost and almost missed the bus to go back to the hotel.

4. Greasy mall french fries: NEVER AGAIN. That is all.

5. It was hot as hell and so bright I couldn't see a thing during the first half of the game, but once it got dark it started freezing.

6. Everyone screamed and cheered harder and longer than all of the cheerleaders combined, but we still lost.

7. The same bus broke down again on the way back (which was freezing again), so they had to cram fifty-six people on the remaining buses to get a move on again (people had to lie down in the aisles for the rest of the trip because there was no room).

8. We got back around five thirty, but I couldn't get back to my room until around seven because the pit (the section I'm in) and others had to wait to unload the equipment truck.

9. I'm very, very cold, and I have a headache.

FUCK TEXAS.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#977 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:02 PM

Well, your day sounds worse than mine.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#978 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:22 PM

I have my own share of grumbling to do, however.

They expect too much of me. I'm not an adult trapped in a child's body- that would be pretty cool. I'm a four year old trapped in a fourteen year old's body and it's just not working. I don't understand what's going on in school, and I completely lack the ability to do the homework. I sit and try to do it, but it's like trying to push down a brick wall. I can't even start. And then I feel guilty about not being able to do it. This is insane. Something is obviously wrong- I have taken intelligence tests, and they confirm that I should be able to do this. Even besides the schoolwork, it's just assumed I'm older than I am. It's just not any fun to be this age. Things just get worse. It's assumed that I don't go trick or treating, so I get a mountain of homework due the day after Halloween. I don't look forward to growing up at all, besides the retirement bit, and by then I'll be too old to enjoy it. Any social advantages are completely lost. Even if I was nearly mature enough to get involved in a romantic relationship, it wouldn't happen anyway because I'm just not good looking enough.

Okay. Rant over.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#979 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Damn. For some reason I can't delete the last post. Let's pretend that never happened... *erases memories*
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#980 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

We need a Flashy Thing, but I think that's only brought out for the trolls...

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#981 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

Sorry. What do you mean by "Flashy Thing"?

#982 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:49 PM

Men in... very dark brown.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 23 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#983 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:57 PM

Remember Men In Black? I mean that Flashy Thing, and Slade has used it in the past when moderating in the Debate Club.

XD

#984 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

She has not seen Men In Black.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#985 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:28 AM

They expect too much of me. I'm not an adult trapped in a child's body- that would be pretty cool. I'm a four year old trapped in a fourteen year old's body and it's just not working. I don't understand what's going on in school, and I completely lack the ability to do the homework. I sit and try to do it, but it's like trying to push down a brick wall. I can't even start. And then I feel guilty about not being able to do it. This is insane. Something is obviously wrong- I have taken intelligence tests, and they confirm that I should be able to do this.

How about something worse: I was a straight A student until ninth grade. C's made me cry on the very rare occasion that I got them. I always did my homework. That year, most of my friends no longer did most of their homework and my parents got divorced. After that double whamy I lost my motivation to do so well in school and haven't recovered since. Now I hate homework, and only do okay on tests. I do like doing creative projects though.

Even besides the schoolwork, it's just assumed I'm older than I am. It's just not any fun to be this age. Things just get worse. It's assumed that I don't go trick or treating, so I get a mountain of homework due the day after Halloween. I don't look forward to growing up at all, besides the retirement bit, and by then I'll be too old to enjoy it. Any social advantages are completely lost.

For the many benefits I get out of it, I still live with my parents. Some of the things I like to do for some fun are looked down upon as immature and weird just because of how old I am. Case in point: The other night, I was swinging around the sword that I had just got for my birthday. I hope to take fencing lessons very soon. My dad got all ticked, because he thought that the neighbors would think that I was weird. It was dark out, and I was in our backyard. I told him that even if they did see, that I don't give a crap (would have said something else, but it would have been an even poorer choice of words). My parents are also trying to discourage me from going trick-or-treating, and this is the first year in about six years that I haven't had to hand out candy for most of the time. The only "social advantage" that you will gain for a long while is driving, that is it really.

Even if I was nearly mature enough to get involved in a romantic relationship, it wouldn't happen anyway because I'm just not good looking enough.

I say screw it until you are at least 16. That's about what I did, and I am actually doing quite alright in that department. Although they play a large role, looks shouldn't matter too much. Although I would enjoy a really hot chick, I couldn't stay with someone who I didn't really like. By the way, food is the way to a man's heart. Nothing else works better. Trust me on this, all guys like food. Some, like myself, absolutely love food.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#986 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:23 AM

No! I erased your memory! Shush!

I claim that the little green men who live behind my eyes and emerge when I'm stressed wrote that post. Talk to them.

#987 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:56 AM

(*waves cheerily*)

Hullo, Little Green Men! happy.gif

XD

#988 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:40 AM

alien.gif
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#989 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:53 AM

Flashy thing? What are you talking about?!

*talks into earpiece*Security compromised...

*FLASH*

Right, it doesn't work here...

Zatoichi: The way to anyone's heart is through the exp​ression of similar values, ideas, goals, tastes, etc. At the very least there's a ribcage if you try to go through the stomach. Food certainly doesn't make me get all wub.gif ... tongue.gif

Though I concur that there should be a starting point for a romantic relationship due to my experience being and observing young people. Looks aren't all that important, and sometimes even if you find yourself unattractive, someone else will find you very beautiful, or at the very worst, you'll meet his/her minimum standards for physical appearance and you'll grow on him/her.

I stopped caring a while ago what age I was perceived to be acting, and I refuse to let my heart age a day over 12. The world may try to make me grow up, but there are places it can't touch. You could swing your sword whenever you wanted if you were on your own...

Complaint: I'm drawing near the end of my core courses, and I'm rather scared because I don't have any confidence in my program or the knowledge ascertained through the program. The entire thing feels like a waste of my time, energy, and my loan/scholarship/parents money. Also, I'm running off of three hours of sleep and a raspberry iced tea, I have four hours of work flipping burgers later, and then a research essay to write after it before I can catch up on my sleep. Oh, and no time for naps in between anything.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#990 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:46 PM

Zatoichi: The way to anyone's heart is through the exp​ression of similar values, ideas, goals, tastes, etc. At the very least there's a ribcage if you try to go through the stomach. Food certainly doesn't make me get all wub.gif ... tongue.gif

No, but it can help to overcome many obstacles. thumbsup.gif

You could swing your sword whenever you wanted if you were on your own...

Till someone called the cops biggrin.gif
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

• (375 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size