• Last »

Thecomplaining thread. For depression.

#4966 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ May 26 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww, man, I was there. Cat 6 cables are REALLY thick and tough. I'd prefer to make a cat 5 over a cat 6 any day. You get better with practice, but cat 6 are always tough. pinch.gif

White-orange, orange, white-green, blue, white-blue, green, white-brown, brown. It's burned into my brain from making so many last summer.

I found a solution:
I pull out that annoying plastic center splitter using the pliers. It is elastic and stretches out so the cable at the end shrinks a little until the elastic snaps off.

I bend each wire straight using the pliers before assorting the colours into place.

Then they go in real easy.

Last one took me under 20 minutes.
Hope I can say the same for three other cables yet to be done I just put up on the trunking. Along with the two Cat 5e cables.

I think over 14 meters for each cable. I feel exhausted after hours of putting them up and having to tape them to stop them falling off with the lids open. Next worry: Packed in such a tight space in the medium size trunking would noise or crosstalk be an issue.

If only I made my final orders last week for the other 3, 20 meter audio cables I could have got my room back to normal. It will have to stay that way for a week until I have them. Not wasting my time moving everything back for another repeat.

Now I am feeling very bored.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 27 May 2007 - 07:27 PM

#4967 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

My room is in a tip.
And now I'm feeling sick.
Due to the stress.
Of the mess.

I can't do much until I order and collect my wires.

I hope this pays
off in some way
that I'll never have to live in a tip again.

Some of my words recently appear to be adopting a rhythmic mechanism.
Still feeling bored and lonely.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 28 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

#4968 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

In all fairness, I shouldn't be complaining, but of all the things me and my lady have been doing this half-week, the one that hurt more than anything was the hour on the horse. 38 hours later, and my back still aches...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#4969 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

Heh heh... happy.gif I'll bet it was worth it.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#4970 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

Starting at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning, I will have twenty-four hours and fifty-nine minutes to write an additional six pages to my earlier essay (I have to make it longer to be safe), and...all the other crap that goes with it, research, themes, arguing bullshit, you know the drill. No wait...make that twenty-three hours and fifty-nine minutes - the season finale of House comes on at 8:00 PM and there's no way in hell I'm missing that. Why the hell I waited until now for this I do not know...that's a lie. It's because I'm a procrastinating idiot.

May amphetamines and caffeine guide my fingers, hold my eyelids, and focus my wandering thoughts. Wish me luck.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#4971 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:30 AM

I wrote my Art History paper in five straight hours, and that was eight pages with images and bibliography appended. Just get typing.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#4972 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

Back still hurts. Leaving her in 18.5 hours. Sucks royal ass.

Less Is More v4

#4973 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:43 AM

Mosquitoes were eating me all night last night. I had to put bug spray on twice in the middle of the night just to sleep - and then I had to sleep with three heavy blankets just so the little fuckers couldn’t get through. And it was really hot last night.

Needless to say, I woke up and ordered a mosquito net - one of those old style canopy ones they use in Kenya and stuff.

#4974 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

My Internet died last night at about 6pm and wasn't back up until this morning. And I missed House because my cable TV doesn't work anymore.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#4975 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:58 AM

Trains are too expensive. sad.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#4976 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:57 AM

So I did the drinking on Wednesday night, was hungover on Thursday morning, and now I've got the throwing-up-every-hour. What gives?

Less Is More v4

#4977 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jun 1 2007, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I did the drinking on Wednesday night, was hungover on Thursday morning, and now I've got the throwing-up-every-hour. What gives?

Maybe you have unrelated food poisoning.

#4978 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, we reckon its the leftover pizza I didn't reheat or fridge, and then ate. I was quite dead, but now I'm sort of fine.

Less Is More v4

#4979 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

The first output of one of my soundcards has a faulty jack on the left side on the first output. I was wondering why I couldn't get the left channel to work last year as I used the back surround for the loop. Hope I can find a solution using an audio router I found until I can see if I can repair or replace it.

I feel so exhausted after spending another day sorting out the wires and cleaning up. A little more to do and I nearly have my room back. When I get the correct roll of the same thickness of oxygen free copper speaker cable in two weeks then I can do a perfect job of sorting all the wires on the other side of the room which is not messy for now.

I hate sleeping in clutter! and I am still feek haunted by the memories of last week.

#4980 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:43 PM

Complaint: In three words, end of year stress. Three major things contribute to this.

1. I took the SAT-2 Latin test today. I signed up half an hour before the deadline, so there wasn't time for me to file my learning disabilities extra time request thingie, which meant that I never got the extra time, and I didn't end up having time to fully translate the passages on the test- basically, I skimmed them and picked the choice that seemed marginally better than the others, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my test taking strategy was bad, and, by association, so was my score. Also, turns out I don't handle pressured situations very well. When the five minute warning was given I actually started shaking, so much that I flipped my pencil halfway across the room three times and had to go retrieve it, losing more time on the test. The teacher proctoring seemed to enjoy asking loud questions, or giving people life advice while the test was going on, which was somewhat distracting, and the door was open, so I could hear all the other proctors reading instructions for about the first half of the test, which, again, was distracting. She seemed unnecessarily frustrated with me when I didn't fill out a section of the information bubbles that she had, in fact, said not to fill out. Although I don't deny that I was "not all there today".

2. Finals. Lovely, lovely finals. The opportunity to show just how much I haven't learned. The history final, which was meant to be easy, involves writing an essay ahead of time on some aspect of the change from medieval to modern Europe covered in the course. Then, apparently, I should memorize the essay and write it on the test. This is a huge problem for me, because I have a chronic inability to form my own opinions about anything. I was planning to try for "The Rise of Christian Fundamentalism", but then I realized it was all class conflict, and then I realized I had just finished reading the Communist Manifesto. See above statement about opinions.
And, of course, how could I forget my chemistry final? Excellent, the last time in my life when I will need to worry about how to solve by the half reaction method! Of course, this requires me to know what, exactly, the half reaction method is, so that's a problem. I have the vague notion that it has something to do with conjuring hydrogen atoms out of nowhere, but I don't remember what you're supposed to do with it. Probably handle redox reactions, because I don't know what those are, either. On another, slightly unrelated note, but about chemistry, I got the essay I submitted for a science essay contest back. I was disqualified for my poor geography skills- apparently, everyone but me knows Pennsylvania is not in New England. I thought new England just consisted of cold, Eastern states.

3. Summer school application.
All right, I admit it. I've resisted filling out my summer school application too long. Basically, until two days before the cutoff date. But I did it. Then, when I checked my status, I found that my teachers had not, in fact, filled out the reccomendation forms I requested them to fill out two and a half months ago, and the first day they can is June 4- also, incidentally, the last day submissions are allowed. And even then, only one of them can. So basically, my goal at this point is to get one to fill out the form, include my college board test scores and grades, put it in an envelope, and hand it to me, at which point I will break into my Latin teacher's apartment and extort information about my intellectual potential from her, then drive both over to Harvard. They SAID to mail it, but it's almost the same thing.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

• (375 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size