• Last »

Thecomplaining thread. For depression.

#4621 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

Complaint: Just so you all know, RIT bus drivers are still cunts. Yes, I missed the bus again. However, I am partially at fault for only arriving a minute before the bus was scheduled to come.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#4622 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

So you are at fault for arriving a minute earlier for when the bus was due to arrive but it didn't wait.

Next time a bus goes past you bring a catapult and a rotten egg and then see if the bus driver pays attention.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 23 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

#4623 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

Oh, how I wish I could, DS.

#4624 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

Complaint: My pomegranate is all gone. sad.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#4625 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (varyssa @ Feb 22 2007, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is so embarrassing to tell in public, but with all you guys talking about relationships, I have to get this off my chest. Broke up with my boyfriend two days ago...it was on bad terms for quite some time now (about 4 months) and I felt so relieved after I finally put an end to it the day before yesterday. And now I'm sitting here, missing him so goddamn badly...I was even given a copy of their latest concert yesterday and when I watched it, it was like...YAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! sad.gif This is so terrible...and it's my birthday in one week and his' 4 days after mine......God, I hate that. What's maybe the worst thing about it is that we were best friends before. I've got other friends of course, but that doesn't keep me from feeling horribly lonely because I lost the one that was so darn close.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now I guess. At least I can say so.

That's just ficking crazy. You are half a world away and you have just described (excluding the band and concert thing) my current world! What is with the world that it seems to work in these patterns. Nothing can just happen on it's own. It just seems to rush headlong out there and make things shit for a whole range of people all at the one time.

Please excuse the rant - even in the compaining thread. It's 5:00pm on a sunday afternoon and I'm unhappily drunk at this time so really in the mood to unload on everything right now.

Slade, it is not just RIT (although I don't know what RIT stands for) bus drivers. It's all bus drivers and their fucking bullshit timetables that still somehow allow 5 buses on the same route to end up driving right behind each other all the way to their final destination.

Spoony, I rage at the injustice. I love pomegranate and lament the lose of such a fine thing. You must ensure that this is rectified immediately. Speaking of which I need to do the same. It has actually been to long.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#4626 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:13 AM

I have discovered three brands of bullshit over-the-counter sleeping pills: one takes at least four to have any effect and it seems to only hits my muscles, so while I may not feel tired they make me limp and weak. Another brand was more of the same, only it took five to have any effect, and the last I took seven and still didn't get any sleep until five or six hours later. Then last night I found one brand of bullshit prescription sleeping pills, but since I was more nervous about an overdose with them, I started with just one, but then ended up taking four. I didn't get to sleep until around nine in the morning.

My sleep schedule is completed reversed, my pill schedule is skewed (I have three prescriptions that I have to take daily at specific times, and a fourth if I actually plan to focus on anything), and my Ambien - which I'm out of anyway, hence the experimentation - is having less and less effect, even after I go without for a period to get it out of my system.

I am irritated.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#4627 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:34 AM

I have not tried sleeping pills. Up untill recently I have really felt no need. Generally I work on a smaller amount of sleep. If I averaged between 4-6 hours I tend to be good. Recently, and I'm talking since the end of January, I have been getting an hour a night at most. I'm startng to wonder if these will be useful to me because things are starting to blur...

I am tired!

This post has been edited by Supes: 25 February 2007 - 04:35 AM

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#4628 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:33 AM

...My bus drivers are pretty awesome...
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#4629 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

Sssooooooooooooooooooooooo unhappy.

I got three broken laptops.

The one that works has a problem with the display mechanism. So the display falls the other way. It is a Compaq Presario 1200. I opened it all up to study the insides. Nothing special, Celeron 600 Mhz processor and a rubbish Via chipset with shared video memory. Oh well I thought I could use that for remote access round the house with a wireless adapter since the battery still charges.

The display mechanism is supported by two metal bits that screw on the board. These two bits have a screw (lots of teeth) like bit at the end that plugs in the side of the screen. Problem: crew bit pushed back through the hole on the other side. So the thread was lost causing the display to fall back.

Solution I used a pair of pliers to hammer the screw bit foward and then I covered the holes with solder to stop it rolling out again.

After that the display stopped falling back and I did EVERYTHING perfectly until the last minute of putting the screws on finaly the top cover.
I heard a clicking sound and the display fell back again.
I opened it up and on the problem part the thread inside the display broke and the teeth on the metal bit broke.

I was up at three in the morning trying to find solutions but eventually no matter what material I put in with the bit would break apart and my room was a mess. The other old laptops I have don't use the same part. Out of all that effort I get nothing.

Now I have to send an email of the fault of the steering servo on the car from the videos I recorded. Another stoppage is the date I had it. Lots of paper to sort out and scan.

Another reason why I am cursed!

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 25 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

#4630 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:45 AM

Complaint:

The guys in Seattle who run the C 89.5 Worldwide radio station are playing lots of awful industrial music this morning. sad.gif Which is almost all industrial music, since only very few people know how to do it right... or at least, that's how it appears to me... bleargh... I should have brought my Bob Marley alb- heey~ya, wait, I have brought my Bob Marley albums somewhere on my MP3 players. I guess things can still brighten up then. smile.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4631 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:52 AM

complaint: I *finally* get the blizzard I've been wishing for all winter, and I'm too sick and too bogged down with schoolwork to go outside and play in it! sad.gif

you know what? screw that, I think I'm going to go outside and play in it anyway. tongue.gif

Slade: what is it with bus drivers?! in high school, there would be about five of us waiting for the bus, and the driver would see us, but drive right past us anyway, making us have to chase after the bus.

Spoon: I feel your pain, my pomegranate is all gone too sad.gif perhaps the future will bring more.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#4632 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

Bus fares are going up then they offered a scheme which they claim is cheaper but that has risen to the same price before the scheme has started. Except they take further advantage on the usage of the scheme.

I have one solution if you don't live to far from the destination. Bicycle and luggage holders. One free alternative to walking if you already have a bike. I just know that soon some hypocritical authoritarian idiot is going to enforce number plates, licence, taxes, and possibly insurance on that.

Next thing the jails will be full of cyclists...

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 26 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

#4633 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

Complaint: They're starting Daylight Savings Time three freakin' weeks earlier than usual, and at least 3 weeks later. As if it's not a stupid, stupid, stupid, waste of time idea that just skews everyone's perceptions of time and day length and arbitrarily steals an hour from people in the spring, we now have a month and a half extra for it, under some absurd notion that it will save energy. I'm not so stupid that I can't keep track of daylight or understand that it will get light out earlier, and the energy that it will save is negligible.

On top of that, I'm a night owl, and my mantra and body clock have been immutably under the "late to bed and late to rise" system for years, so it's even worse for me. pinch.gif

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

#4634 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

wait, are they?! is it daylight savings already?!

am I late for class?!?!?
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#4635 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Daylight savings is patronising when the day doesn't matter to those who work night.

It would be convenient to change the schedule around (without messing around with a highly dependably accurate object most people depend on) for those who wish to wake up earlier or later.

One egocentric person:
Right sunshine now appears at an hour below 7.00 a.m. So at 7.00 a.m. I want YOU ALL to think it is 6.00 a.m. SO YOU will have to set your clocks back an hour to 6.00 a.m.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 26 February 2007 - 02:24 PM

• (375 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size