• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Dreams

#346 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

they fy, of course.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#347 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:52 PM

Last night I had a horrible sleep.

As I came off the computer I went out the door, two ladies came up the stairs and went in my room. When I looked back it wasn't my room it was the bathroom. I quickly knocked on he door in panic they opened it and my computer was sitting on above the sink on with the screen. I was shocked. I turned it off and took it and the screen with me then one of the ladies start hitting the case. Didn't know what her problem was. On the way to my room there was a huge pile of books on the table which I was stacking up to make a straight edge.

When I went downstairs I saw those two ladies again. The violent one got hold of my camera she pushed her thumb in the display causing it to crack. I was so devasted I demanded them out the house. When I got the box down to look at the warranty someone said that I can get a replacement but I just remembered it is two years old.

When I opened the third page something so fast came out of the book and I couldn't see anything and it felt like I had been blindfolded all the way to the ears with this horrible buzzing kind of lightly changing electrical sound. I could feel it all the way from my left and right ear closing in as to waking up after.

#348 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:08 AM

All I remember of my dream is me running around what I remember as a lesuire center near me at home, repeatedly coming across hoardes of zombies, and having to shoot them. Rather more horrifically than it seemed at the time, I kept having to shoot my brother in the head because he kept contracting the zombie plague. Even more horrifically, I contracted it at the end, and had to get someone to shoot me in the head to stop me turning too. Isn't it fun?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#349 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

Last night I had a dream the Colin Baker/the Sixth Doctor was teaching courses at my university, and I was desperately trying to schedule them in. That was pretty much the main point to it, except for one bit near the end about receiving a small baggy of coffee powder in the mail and needing to keep it a secret (everyone else still had to wait for their baggies), and the last six or seven minutes went sort of Morrowind-ish.

Still, no more Doctor Who before bed...or more Doctor Who before bed. I'll have to think about that one...
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#350 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

I dreamed I was having an amiable conversation with a teacher in high school, and then he said that I must never discuss the original star wars trilogy again. Then I told him I wasnt going to agree to that and that if he needed me I'd be in the office, or my office, or something. Then I discussed my undergarment preferences with my father.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#351 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:51 AM

Another dream about being back in sixth form having to do a ton of work I haven't been ready for. But this time, coupled with snippets of kittens, trains, and some huge guy having a fight with a gorilla, which he won by nailing the gorilla down to a bed with those sedative darts they fire at animals.

Less Is More v4

#352 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

A combination of teeth shattering, back in Sixth Form, but mainly being on an aircraft carrier going to Spain. For a school trip, see. Then getting caught in a tsunami. Which shattered some teeth, see.

Less Is More v4

#353 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

-_` Your subconsious seems to really hate your teeth and love Sixth Form...

I had a dream that I was drinking non-alcoholic Guinness (I guess it was non-alcoholic because I'd downed three of them and didn't feel anything (and I would most definitely feel a whole lot if I had that much alcohol.)) and my girlfriend was telling me to go to bed immediately so she could put me to sleep via her voice over the phone, and I was trying to say yes but at the same time say no because I wasn't ready for bed at all and had stuff to do after she went to bed. 'Twas strange...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#354 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

Aw, does your girlfriend really do that?
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#355 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:41 AM

I rarely remember my dreams and the ones I do often tend to be very vivid. They also often tend to be of a rating that probably don't belong on the open forums but I still find it interesting the nature of those that seem to make their way into my waking thoughts.

I do recall one from many years ago in which I was involved in some sort of situation that required the saving of the most intelligent beings in the universe. I do not recall how I why I was involved in this pursuit, but it was simply fact that I was. Myself and some unknown associates were pursuing a lead on where this intelligent life form was hiding out. As is the case with dreams there was no transistion to the story we were just suddenly in this location. It turned out to be a barn in the middle of no where. The problem was that the barn was not the right one. The one we were after was a couple of "counties" (it is important to note this sentence because I am Austrlian. We do not have counties, this is clearly the influence of American telivision on my pyshce at this time) away from where we were.

So as you do in dreams I ran out of the barn that I was in and I launched into flight, Superman style. This is what really grabbed me, because the sensation of flight was so real. The wind, the movement, the texture of the air, the sound was all so real. I only realised just how real a few months ago when I went skydiving and actually heard the sound of the air ripping past my ears as we were in the free fall. It was exactly as I heard in my dream, although this dream occurred years before this experience.

Anyway the story goes that I made it to the next barn and flew into the open doors. It was at this time that I started to "wake up" because I remember saying to myself, "This is a dream. You can't fly". And with that I grabbed on to the rafters and my ability to fly gave out. Again the sensation of hanging 30 odd feet above the ground was so real. I felt the weight in my body start to pull me down and again the sights and smells were so real. Of course not actually being fully awake I still had the dream happening around me. These intelligent life form bust out from underneath me in their space craft and flew out of the barn and off into the sky. Of course the were being pursued by "the enemy", whom I had never sited at any stage in the dream and did not site even up to the point of waking up.

This is where I had what I now call my Matrix moment (and please be aware that this dream occurred before the Matrix was made). I realsided that if I was dreaming then I really could do anything I wanted. I really had no boundaries. Wiith that I let go of the rafter and shot off after the ship. I was caught in no time and I tore open the roof. To my suprise and amusement I was then presented with the most intelligent life form in the universe. And those three dogs did not look all that happy to see me.

Unfortunately it is around this time hat I either woke up or became conscious enough too lose the rest of the dream. But what still sits with me is just how real it all felt and also how liberating it was to realise I was in a dream and therefore could really do anyhting I wanted. It's why I have a hard time watching the Matrix (althought I think it's a great film) and even the Nightmare on Elm Street films loose a little. Once you know it is only your mind that binds you, here really is nothing you cannot do. Neo should have figured that out.

Edit - Epic! Really sorry about that. Started writing and it just seemed to kick on.

This post has been edited by Supes: 25 February 2007 - 01:42 AM

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#356 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

Hehe, was it the poker-playing dogs?? biggrin.gif

I like that dream. I've had a couple dreams where I realized it was a dream, and so I manipulated events to my liking. Those are so much fun. Unfortunately, I realize I'm in a dream many times, but only occasionally do I have the ability to manipulate it.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#357 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

Aw, man, I'm double-posting again. People need to reply to me more often! But I had a dream last night that I HAVE to share. But please, noone take this personally or anything! In fact, I should probably not use names.

So, I was at home, and five forum members were there, and a guy from my high school drumline named Brandon (but he was supposedly a member of these forums, too, in this dream). However, no one looked like I know they look like from their pictures, they just looked like random people, except for Brandon, who did look like Brandon. And they were in my den, and the floor of my den was suddenly completely made up of nothing but red clay dirt. And they were digging these elaborate structures in it, and building elaborate structures out of legos on top of it. My mother and brother were sitting on the couch, watching, and I came in the den from my room down the hall, and Mom was like, "Your forum party is going quite well so far, don't you think?" And she was perfectly ecstatic that these people from over the internet were here in her house, though normally, she has problems with anything people-over-the-internet-related. And I needed to go to my room for a minute, and when I came back out, Mom said, "isn't it great that Suchandsuch would come all the way from ThePlaceHeLives for this, and even Jimbob (name has been changed) from all the way--" I interrupted her, and said, "Wait, Jimbob was here? I completely missed that." And she said, "Yeah, because of the way you're always so mean to him, he came and played for a while and then left before you came out." And so I felt really bad, and I called him (don't know where I got his number) and asked him to come back, because for some reason I really wanted him here, even though there were only the 5 other forum members (and Brandon) around. And he told me how how heart hurt so badly whenever I was so mean to him, and he just really didn't think he could handle being around me in person. I told Jimbob that I wasn't trying to be mean to him, I was just debating his ideas, and I never meant to hurt his feelings, and I promised that I would be nothing but kindness to him if he came. So he came back, and he was like a wounded puppy in his demeanor. But we got back to work at the mud and Legos, and everyone had a grand old time and we were all becoming great friends until my brother decided to be a jerk and not let us use his Legos anymore, so he told us we had to take it apart. I was so mad, because he had already agreed to let us use them and now he was ruining everything, but Mom was taking his side, and sayind, "they're his Legos, it's his choice," but then in the middle of taking everything down, Brian says he changed his mind again, put it back together and keep playing. Well, I was mad, and I stormed out of the room, and Jimbob followed me, only now he looked just like my ex-boyfriend who also used to be my best friend for years until he turned into a total asshole. But he was still Jimbob, and he had much lighter hair. And he comforted me and we decided it might be a good idea to try dating, but then I told him that he just reminds me too much of my jerk ex-boyfriend, so I didn't want to do it. And Jimbob then became all the way Ex-Boyfriend, and therefore a jerk, and he was mean and got really big and threatening and stuff, and I ran away and ended up on the College of Charleston campus where another of his ex-girlfriends resides, and we teamed up and beat him down! The End!

Really strange dream. And now, even though I don't think I'm ever actually mean to the forum member that was Jimbob, I find myself wanting to be like, really extra nice to him and give him brownies and cakez and hugs now because of it! tongue.gif

#358 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

That's a funny, long, weird dream, Spoon. You need to have a dream where you're mean to me so you can make me brownies/cake. biggrin.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#359 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

I had a dream after a long long time again and I was hoping that I would have forgotten about it by now, but no, I didn't. I won't elaborate, it was terrifying.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#360 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 28 2007, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a funny, long, weird dream, Spoon. You need to have a dream where you're mean to me so you can make me brownies/cake. biggrin.gif

Agreed! If meaness begets brownies, cakez and hugs... bring on the harsh I say! I must admit curiosity does make me want to know just whom it was playing Legos. All his changing names to protect the innocent and stuff. Pah! tongue.gif
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size