• Last »

Dreams

#301 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Emu @ Nov 1 2006, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
had this dream where I was doing homework with Girl Who Lives On My Hall and Guy Who Lives On My Hall. I left to get some tea, and somehow, during the five minutes I was gone, they had fallen madly in love. this made finishing the homework very awkward. this also made living on hall very awkward, considering that this girl has a boyfriend at another school. so the next few days (in the dream) were kind of like where everyone thinks someone should say something to them, because they're all over each other all the time and it's really inappropriate considering the girl still has a boyfriend, but no one actually wants to be the one to say something to them. also, no one really knew if she had broken up with the boyfriend or not, or what she planned to do about that. it was all incredibly awkward.

but doesnt this happen in college all the time? people falling madly in love rather quickly.

#302 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:12 PM

possibly. but it would still be pretty awkward if the above situation were to actually happen.

another weird dream: there are these two angels, one is a fugitive for some reason and the other isn't. they're at this train station and it's night time. the fugitive one is trying to figure out how to get away, and the other one is helping her. but then at the train station they run into god - he's tall, wearing a radiant white robe, and a frighteningly blank exp​ression on his face. he tells the fugitive angel that she has to die now, and she falls onto the train tracks. she nimbly avoids the third rail, and then quickly gets out of the way of an oncoming train. god's kind of mad now, so the angel tries to fly away. she can't get very high off the ground, though, since she's losing her ability to fly. she tries to jump over a fence which is on the other side of the train tracks, but it is too high up and she can't make it. she's about to give up when I and the angel who isn't a fugitive yell at her to instead try rolling under the fence, since there's definitely enough room. she does, and gets away, and some other angels chase after her. she disappears around a corner and I don't see her again. the other angel is extremely upset that her friend's gone, and she feels really guilty for some reason even though she didn't do anything wrong, so she throws herself onto the train tracks, right onto the third rail, and in a flash of light is killed instantly, leaving only a small pile of coal where she had been. I am left mourning the angel who died, and wondering what happened to the angel who got away.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#303 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:15 PM

Well, your angel didnt join the ranks of the undead and chase you the rest of your dreams trying to get your brains. Any non-zombie dream is a good dream. wink.gif

#304 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

I could go for a zombie dream or two. I could take them.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#305 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:09 AM

I've played Painkiller once, Zombie's ain't got shit on me now. Bring it on! yell.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#306 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

In a dream yesterday my room was in its original layout with all the furniture in their places before. I had this mouldy bottle of 2 litre milk which had a square shaped black lump inside, I think nearly the size of a small brick. I brought up here from downstairs and left it on the table where my computers were.

As I was at the opposite end of the room I heard a whistling noise and the milk bottle slighly exploded. There was just a little crack on the top of the bottle but milk got on small spots of the ceiling, table and at the side of the case. I was so relieved it did not get in as the door was not in place.

I quickly put the bottle of milk outside the door. As I was cleaning the ceiling with tissues of hot water I had an unexpected visitor, the baby I saw last Saturday arrived up the stairs with nobody. Apart from looking around curiously I had to quickly remove that bottle of milk which had a horrible smell that made me feel dizzy. "No, don't touch that, it is dangerous." (In reality I had the same bottle of milk but the bottle shrinked and cracked which I threw away around two months ago.)

Okay after the layout of the rest of the house was not the same. Remembering the red carpets and papery yellow wallpaper with patterns like in a huge garden full of hedges where people can easily get lost. Rather than flat most corners were round.

There was someone else staying in one of the bedrooms as I met downstairs with a family member that ceased to be. I was talking to this person who was pleasant but seemed to be in a rush.

As I went into the room to help remove some books for this person who had a hairstyle of a long strip of yellow white hair bundled at the back of the head was explaining why they had to go:

"If your heart isn't in to it then you are not interested... That was my biggest mistake."

I don't know why I had the urge to shake this person's hands after saying that.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 06 November 2006 - 09:43 PM

#307 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:07 AM

I had a dream the night before last that I was the head cheerleader for Hitler’s (American) football team, with pom poms, back flips and some assault rifles hidden under the bleachers.

Can you imagine? Me. A cheerleader. rolleyes.gif

#308 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

Es lebe Deutscheland!

I had a dream recently that I flew to Iceland to visit Icey, except Iceland was where Virginia usually is here in the States, and I would have had to pay 30,000 pounds in order to land at the airport, so I got dropped off on the side of a highway, and remembered that in Iceland they measure speed limits in Calculus Miles as I saw a speed limit sign that said

C
M

on it.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#309 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Nov 7 2006, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a dream the night before last that I was the head cheerleader for Hitler’s (American) football team, with pom poms, back flips and some assault rifles hidden under the bleachers.

Can you imagine? Me. A cheerleader. rolleyes.gif

With you on our team, the world would have been our's for the taking.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#310 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Nov 7 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a speed limit sign that said

C
M

on it.

I heard somewhere that people cant read in their dreams. But I read stuff all the time.

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Nov 7 2006, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With you on our team, the world would have been our's for the taking.

You better believe it! wink.gif

#311 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Nov 7 2006, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard somewhere that people cant read in their dreams. But I read stuff all the time.

Same here. And I dream in colour, too. Although everyone tells me not to. Meanies. sad.gif

#312 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

A few hours ago I had a pretty nasty nightmare. It started off light and fun as some kind of adventure-type story with three of us trying to escape a building, including an inept guard, easily-overcome puzzles, and not-really-all-that-bad gun-toting badies (one of which was really someone I thought was a good guy character-wise anyway). But then around what would have been the end of the adventure when we escape, the key we had to the last door started melting. Just melting right there in my hand until it was like a piece of putty! Then somehow the last room turned into my kitchen (in fact, at that point the entire dreamscape looked like my house, yard, and neighbor’s house, as it usually turns into) and the doors were wide open for us to get out, only now the bad guys were in the room with their guns pointed right at us. I got cocky and started taunting them because hey! This is my fun, Doctor Who-ish, adventurey dream! We can't get hurt! (On that note, I should mention one of the two people on my side looked like Rose, and the bad-guy-I-thought-good looked like Mickey). At that point, the evil Mickey look-alike turned and shot the Rose look-alike.

He shot her dead. Face down on the floor, in a large pool of her own blood dead.

Luckily it didn't last very long at all after that, but the rest just scared the living hell out me. For the rest of the dream I was chased by a madman with a gun (who now looked like my older brother), running around my house and through my yard screaming at the top of my lung for someone to please, please help me this isn't fun anymore he's really going to kill me. Only I couldn't really scream - my voice was barely above a whisper (this happens a lot in my nightmares). Then I ran to my neighbor’s house and started banging on the door for help, then climbing on their roof to get in a window, but I looked over and saw my "brother" had switched to what looked like a sniper rifle. He fired, and I woke up.

But the weirdest thing: I woke up, and there was this strange opossum-raccoonish thing sitting on my desk and starring at me. I was WIDE AWAKE and it was there, staring like it had been caught in the act of something and swiveling its head looking for a way out. When I sat up and turned on the lamp, it was gone.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#313 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Nov 8 2006, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the weirdest thing: I woke up, and there was this strange opossum-raccoonish thing sitting on my desk and starring at me. I was WIDE AWAKE and it was there, staring like it had been caught in the act of something and swiveling its head looking for a way out. When I sat up and turned on the lamp, it was gone.

That sounds like that dream paralysis thing the alien abduction skeptics are always bitching about. I used to think it was a load of crap (as I completely believe in alien abduction) until this one time.

My spousal unit Matt woke me up in the middle of the night, cause he had just gotten home from work or something, and he was standing over the bed, and I couldn’t move, and I had NO IDEA who he was. And he’s talking to me and I was just like, who the fuck is this, but I couldn’t move or anything. So then I just fell back to sleep.

Creepy experience. I still think it would be cool to be abducted by aliens though. As long as they brought me back intact.

I had a dream last night I was in a plane crash. We crashed in the ocean and the tail broke off and the rest of the plane was slowly sinking. I survived, but most people didn’t.

Having lots of plane crash dreams was one of the reasons I decided to stop flying. When you fly commercial once in a while your chances of dying in a plane crash are slim. When you fly 3 to 4 times a week for 12hrs a shot, your chances are upped just a smidgen.

#314 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:30 AM

I wasn't paralyzed, though. I was able to sit up and squint a bit at it, and it only disappeared after I turned around and reached for the light. Funny thing, I wasn't wearing my glasses and couldn't see anything clearly, but that little animal thing stood out clear as day, albeit rather...semi-transparently, like some sort of apparition.

Anyone know if there’s any kind of mythology about weird raccoon/opossum/fox-looking animals and dreams? I know it sounds silly, but I can’t get rid of the feeling that I saw something I wasn’t supposed to. That, and a definite “Oops…ah crap…” vibe from the little guy.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#315 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

Maybe it was a totem spirit bringing you a message. I don’t know what raccoon spirit messengers might mean. I would look into Native American mythology if I were you. If I had to take a guess, I would say that it has something to do with being careful about an upcoming decision or a need for discretion. But that’s just me.

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size