• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Dreams

#16 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:24 AM

I had a whole series of weird-ass dreams last night (or rather, earlier this morning and afternoon because I didn't wake up until 5:30 PM), but it seems whenever I have dreams that are as indepth or run together like those, I can never remember them for more than ten minutes after I wake up.

Dammit all.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#17 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:37 AM

After I've finished chuckling and Barend and Slade.
I've had some pretty funky dreams - I had a semirecurring dream that completely rocked the socks. There was the really funky green sunset, and a bridge that extended halfway to eternity. All right - I might have to explain that one. It was half a bridge. It just cut off in the middle. But if it was a whole bridge it would have gone from the hill all the way to the sunset, which was no longer green by the time I got to the bridge.
And the architecture of the buildings I was walking around in (based off my high school) was really funky, before I was at home (obviously I teleported) and then I teleported back, and crossed a soccer field - then we have the green sunset and the bridge. I never stepped on to the other half of the bridge - the half that didn't exist/was invisible/existed in an other reality that could only be accessed by stepping off the end of the bridge. I always woke up either while I was on the bridge or at the top. Then there was the energy barrier and the sky membrane - but they were before the bridge and the sunset. Back with the funky architecture. And the demons. And the suit of green armour. And the woman. Like I said... funky. Semi-recurring in that it recurred, but differently. Architecture was different, woman was different, suit of green armour was different. Sky was different - in the older recurrences it was just a stormy sky, back before the energy barrier and the sky membrane. And the green sunset became a normal sunset at different time. And the teleports differed - sometimes they weren't there.
And I've had some really weird ones too... some of them just seemed to be made up of 30-second episodes, with some odd link that makes no sense in hindsight, that drags out for hours and hours.
Ultimate dream weirdness... this is the one that might earn me a few "are you sure you aren't making this post from inside and asylum?"... I had a dream once, lasted less than a second. No background, no framework, just some ugly blind toothless lizard bit my left arm, between the wrist and elbow. I woke up, fell out of bed, and wasn't quite awake - something was actually biting my left arm. I put my knee on it and tried to crush it, and then my right arm went numb. Only when I lost feeling in my right arm was I able to feel it - it was the thing I was trying to crush. Once I worked that out, I regained control of the arm - I seriously couldn't even feel that it existed until it went dead/ MY right arm viviously attacked my left arm in my sleep.
Now that, was freaky.

#18 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

I had a dream once that flying alien ghosts were invading earth. They were purple, and kinda looked like dollops of marshmallow cream (mmmm...Marshmallow cream) and I ran into a store to get away from them, and was hiding behind the big circle-ly racks. And then I discovered that a LOT of the stuff was on clearance, and so I would duck and hide and shop. Then I packed up all of my stuff and got into this old yellow car with some guy. But I had my stuff, and that was the important thing.

Nothing to thrilling, like my body turning on itself, though..... smile.gif

Edit: Slade, maybe subconsciously you....wanted a Ham Sandwich

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 21 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#19 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:54 PM

My dreams flucuate between wierd stuff and storylines, usually involving places I know. They come in bursts, like lots of dreams for a month, then none for another three months. I can usually remember dreams that I had years ago.

Here's some examples:

I was a superhero, and I was flying around in a grocery store, but no one noticed and there were no bad guys.

Another one in a grocery store, but I was running from/fighting someone.

I was a flying Jedi at a track meet.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#20 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

I had a weird Willy Wonka-ish dream/nightmare. It kind of played out half like movie bloopers and half hellish scenarios, like the boat going under the chocolate water fall and everybody being covered with melted chocolate, Willy Wonka tripping up and falling off the boat ("Don't worry, he's going to be covered in it anyway from the water fall, just leave it in"), and everyone going through wardrobe change in my dining room (where all the clean laundry is stored). Then Johnny Depp looked like Alan Rickman for a few minutes for some reason...

But the really nasty bit, I don't even know how the hell this got in there, but...the Oompa Loompas hanged Willy Wonka! What the hell, man? I don't know what happened to create that idea, but that made me put a stop to that dream right then and there.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#21 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:48 PM

Okay, here are two more of my personal favorites...

1) After falling asleep watching Gigi, I dreamed that I was working in a nursing home, except there were swings outside, and some crazy dark haired lady was strangulating people. And so I hid behind a door and bashed her over the head with a bedpan. Then I remember thinking "She's gonna get up, they ALWAYS get up." So I shot out her kneecaps, and tied her up, and called the police. The End

2) I dreamed that I was a (male) middle-aged private investigator with a beer belly, and I was helping this mechanical gorrilla look for both of our wives in these pods of some kind. And I wore khaki shorts, and sandles with socks and hawaiian shirts. The End.

I just thought you would all like to know......
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#22 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

Some years ago, I used to have this really scary nightmares... at least I thought they were nightmares, because I never really got to understand it fully.

It was something like this... usually happened when I was falling asleep or when I semi-woked up in the middle of the night and tried to sleep again... It felt like I was completely paralized, no muscular control at all - although I could obviously breathe and open/close my eyes.
Then I felt, like, this evil presence or whatever in my room... and i really felt it was there, hovering or standing near me (pale creature or thin man, wearing dark long clothes or something along those cliché lines) If I tried harder I could almost visualize it, although I didn't want to, so I just closed my eyes and let it all go away, slowly... sometimes I swear it breathed on my neck.
I remember I then regained muscular control slowly, maybe one arm first, then the other, then the legs or something like that...
Sometimes, when it happened in the morning, I distinctly remember hearing my mother or whoever was in the kitchen talking, and it was like I was awake, but just couldn't move. I even remember that at times I actually tried to scream out (sissy!) for help, but I just couldn't... no sound would come out.

Man, it was simply scary. And i was getting paranoid because it happened loads of times, for months.
I read somewhere on the net it could be a kind of fault in the normal pattern of sleep, where you are asleep and your body is "turned off" or something but, by some motive, you wake up and the body still remains turned off a little longer than normal. Weird, yeah.

Anyone else ever experienced it?
(and geez, I got goosebumps just by writing about these awful dreams...)
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#23 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hari! Dude!

The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years back! Except it was a woman in white, not a man in black, and she was leaning over me whispering with her hand across my forehead. I had a really strong sense that she was keeping me paralysed. Couldn't see her properly because it was tremendous effort to open my eyes even partway, and it hurt to do it. I didn't feel as though I was dreaming... I *know* my eyes were open, I could sort of see stuff in the room, everything was how it was supposed to be, and no way is my subconscious memory good enough to remember small details like the way the cup was facing on the desk, or the position of my clothes on the floor. It was as though I was wide awake, except I couldn't move and the woman was there. And I didn't regain control slowly, I regained it really suddenly, like just snapped out of it. It didn't really feel like waking up so much as breaking free. I woke up the household by yelling abuse at this empty room. I was so fucking furious.

It happened twice after that I remember, both times in the spare room of my best friend's house, minus the woman.

A couple of days ago I was chatting to a guy who said he used to get some creepy monkey lizard thing floating in the room whenever the dream paralysis happened to him.

#24 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

Anyone else ever experienced it?
Yep. The worst was last year, when for a couple of weeks after having an asthma attack I would randomly wake up and be completely unable to breathe or move at all for a few seconds. Fortunately hasn't happened in a while though.

This post has been edited by Emu: 21 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#25 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Rhubarb @ Jul 22 2005, 02:27 AM)
Hari! Dude!

The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years back! Except it was a woman in white, not a man in black, and she was leaning over me whispering with her hand across my forehead. I had a really strong sense that she was keeping me paralysed. Couldn't see her properly because it was tremendous effort to open my eyes even partway, and it hurt to do it. I didn't feel as though I was dreaming... I *know* my eyes were open, I could sort of see stuff in the room, everything was how it was supposed to be, and no way is my subconscious memory good enough to remember small details like the way the cup was facing on the desk, or the position of my clothes on the floor. It was as though I was wide awake, except I couldn't move and the woman was there. And I didn't regain control slowly, I regained it really suddenly, like just snapped out of it. It didn't really feel like waking up so much as breaking free. I woke up the household by yelling abuse at this empty room. I was so fucking furious.

It happened twice after that I remember, both times in the spare room of my best friend's house, minus the woman.

A couple of days ago I was chatting to a guy who said he used to get some creepy monkey lizard thing floating in the room whenever the dream paralysis happened to him.

Maybe it's a thing that can happen to anyone but, faced with the situation, every person imagines his/her own personal "demons"... unsure.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#26 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

Mnesy and Jane - Awesome. I kinda wish I could have seen Mnesy's one. Except I'm sorely disappointed that Jane's association with Willy Wonka is that frigging Burton film.

#27 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Emu @ Jul 22 2005, 02:27 AM)
Yep.  The worst was last year, when for a couple of weeks after having an asthma attack I would randomly wake up and be completely unable to breathe or move at all for a few seconds.  Fortunately hasn't happened in a while though.

"Noone" in the room?

- and sorry for double posting, but at this time I'm too lazy to edit my own post. falling asleep here.

Isaac Asimov

#28 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Hari Seldon @ Jul 21 2005, 09:31 PM)
Maybe it's a thing that can happen to anyone but, faced with the situation, every person imagines his/her own personal "demons"...  unsure.gif

Yeah... I dunno why my personal demon was a woman in white with hair over her face though. This was years before the Ringu films, btw. Maybe that's why Sadako scares me so much. She is my nemesis!

#29 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:36 PM

"Noone" in the room?

Felt some kind of frightening presence, but couldn't really see anything. Often, however, as I am gradually waking up, I can still see remnants of my dream (people, objects, shapes) floating out of my room.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#30 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Rhubarb @ Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM)
Yeah... I dunno why my personal demon was a woman in white with hair over her face though. This was years before the Ringu films, btw. Maybe that's why Sadako scares me so much. She is my nemesis!

Arch-nemesis.

That way both of you sound more important! Heh.

Isaac Asimov

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size