Chefelf.com Night Life: I'm up to HERE with super-heroes!!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

I'm up to HERE with super-heroes!!!

#61 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:59 PM

But I think they need an older man for Aquaman. But Jason Lewis look good for an Aquaman movie.

#62 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:33 PM

The actual statement for Spidey-3 was that Eric was going to be Sandman, and that other guy would be Venom. Personally, I don't know why Sandman is in there instead of Carnage, as that story arc is the best in the Spider-Man series that I know of.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#63 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Chuckster, punkrock, beer, birds.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:20 AM

Is it me or did no one mention how much The Hulk sucked?

I mean, Hulk is funny, that movie was not funny at all. Or cool. Or anything but sucky.

#64 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 20 2005, 08:33 PM)
The actual statement for Spidey-3 was that Eric was going to be Sandman, and that other guy would be Venom. Personally, I don't know why Sandman is in there instead of Carnage, as that story arc is the best in the Spider-Man series that I know of.

Frankly I'm surprised that they aren't capping off the inevitable Spider-Man VS Green Goblin #2/Harry Osborne storyline that they've been building up to since part 1. That, in my humble opinion, is what #3 should be focusing on instead of bringing in Venom just to please fans. They could at least hire a better candidate than Eric Forman/Topher Grace.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#65 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:53 AM

Yes, I thought the Green Goblin would be back in #3, after what happened in the last movie. I think Carnage can't be introduced until Venom is not around. I would have made #3 with the Green Goblin and the Kingpin, but they totally wasted that character in Daredevil. I mean, Daredevil does have issues with the Kingpin, but they should have let the character around so that he can appear in the Spider-Man movies as well.

#66 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

That's the problem with a franchise that has many things interrelated (Like, NYC has so many superheroes residing in it I'm suprised they don't bump into one another more often). Not that I thought his performance was bad, but they had the Kingpin played by someone of a different race. The Kingpin is white for crying out loud. That fact alone could've made me dislike Daredevil. Not because I'm a racist person (which I'm not, and yes I know the correct definitions of the often interchangabley used words), but because continuity was shot to hell right off the bat.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#67 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:24 AM

My thoughts exactly. There was no need to change the colour of his skin.

And in the comics, they actually bump into each other more times than not. That would be quite difficult to show in a movie, because you would have to pay every actor the enormously amount of money they pretend, and that would make the movie less profitable. I mean, let's not forget that (regrettably) it's all about the money, after all.

#68 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

All too true, but you would think that they could do a cameo of them helping each other out here and there. Too bad actors want so much money, I wish that they would be doing things for the fans (the reason why they get their money in the first place).
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#69 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:47 PM

Superboy interacted with teen Aquaman last night. And Flash last year.

Smallville rocks (well, last year sucked, but it's back).

#70 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

Aquaman: Don't get me wrong. I'm not all "OMFG VENOM!!!!111111oneoneoneeleventy-one" I'd be rather dissapointed if it came out awful. And I agree that they should have gotten the second Green Goblin out of the way first... Or maybe Hobgoblin...

Either way, Eric should not be Venom. I really hope that's a spoof to make people who don't want to see the series completely shot to hell angry and not actually what will happen. Foreman is rather a twig, not at all Eddie Brock-built.

I miss non-sequel/non-remake films...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#71 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 21 2005, 02:28 PM)
Aquaman: Don't get me wrong. I'm not all "OMFG VENOM!!!!111111oneoneoneeleventy-one" I'd be rather dissapointed if it came out awful. And I agree that they should have gotten the second Green Goblin out of the way first... Or maybe Hobgoblin...

Either way, Eric should not be Venom. I really hope that's a spoof to make people who don't want to see the series completely shot to hell angry and not actually what will happen. Foreman is rather a twig, not at all Eddie Brock-built.

I miss non-sequel/non-remake films...

I agree with you Slade, and I agree with Zatoichi and Coco. I really don't want the Spider-Man films to suffer from the same problems that eventually ruined the first batch of Batman films circa 1989-1997 - i.e., trying to squeeze in too many villains and not focusing enough on the hero.

I hear that Eric/Topher Grace is working out, but there's no way he'll be buffed up enough to be Venom. And to those who think I'm being too negative, don't bring up Michael Keaton in the role of Batman to prove to me that Grace can pull off Venom. Venom is not exactly Batman, and Topher Grace is NOT Michael Keaton.

We all miss non-sequel/non-remake films. I keep wondering how much time we've got until we start seeing a more political corret version of Gone With The Wind.

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 21 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

I am the Fisher King.

#72 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

I'm starting to think that Brandon Routh should have been cast as Green Lantern instead of Superman.
I am the Fisher King.

#73 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:23 PM

And now for something completely different (or maybe not so different) -

I am the Fisher King.

#74 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:10 AM

You know, I really miss the old movie posters that were artisticaly renditioned. Now it's just screen grabs and pictures of actors faces.

I want those pictures drawn damnit!
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#75 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:53 AM

Is it just me, or did one of those look like it said that Keaton was Joker, and Nicholson Batman?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size