• +

Most Hated Characters Wald

#31 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jul 26 2005, 09:54 AM)
But don't you see the huge problem with ETs?  It's not how major a role they play to the plot or if they are noticeable.  They bridge the gap between our universe and the Star Wars universe.  It shows a creature who has clearly visited Earth.  Sure, we don't know the timeline of the events but it opens the possibility that the ETs have shared the location of Earth with the rest of the Star Wars galaxy.  That is completely unacceptable!

Right, but for arguments sake, we must assume that Earth doesn't exist in the Star Wars Universe what so ever. But humans do, how odd....

Anyway E.T. is stupid but not as bad as either Jar Jar Binks, all Gungans or Watto... yeah maybe worse than Watto

#32 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (xenduck @ Jul 30 2005, 03:56 PM)
ya really, whats the point of saying "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" if its not just another galaxy but a whole seperate universe? if its a diffenrent universe, the opening scrawl should say, "at this exact same moment in a dimension very, very parallel" or, you know, something like that

No your right....hmmmm....RUN

#33 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jul 26 2005, 05:55 PM)
The reason I think that humans and ducks (although I don't like their inclusion) don't do the same is the reason that oceans, trees, grass and desserts don't really interfere with the Star Wars universe.  They're simply using our universe as a template to create their

What about all this alien English speakers? It does not make sense to me, and always reminds me that... it is a movie.

Well I guess it's better than having this WWII movies where the germans or the japonese speak fluent English when they are talking between them wink.gif

Regards

This post has been edited by Gerhard: 12 August 2005 - 01:44 PM

#34 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:53 AM

I also hate those creatures that the Gungan use as horses. They must be absouletly idiotic if Gungans can slave them.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#35 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:55 AM

I dont like C-3P0 or Jar Jar
OH NO!!!

#36 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony &amp; sarcasm

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:13 AM

Also can I take this opportunity to say that the name Sio Bibble.........is silly.

Thank you.

#37 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

Bibble thumper!

The bug people.

#38 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:59 AM

Yeah. The bug people sucks.

And the pig people of ESB are funny, but they don't really fit in the movie. What do you think?
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#39 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:32 AM

The unexplained ugnaughts didn't bother me a whole lot. A little bit of mystery goes a long way.

An explanation that they invented the carbon freeze technique would've been too much.

#40 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Aug 17 2005, 08:32 AM)
The unexplained ugnaughts didn't bother me a whole lot. A little bit of mystery goes a long way.

An explanation that they invented the carbon freeze technique would've been too much.

We will eventually find out that they built the Millenium Falcon. Just watch.

#41 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

I hate all characters of the PodRace

#42 User is offline   madstork Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Of course the Star Wars Saga, Lord of the Rings, South Park, crappy music, rocking way to hard for your tastes!!!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:24 PM

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but Yaddle. First off she just looks ridiculous with her hair. This also cheapens the effect of Yoda in TPM. Ok, so now we know there are a whole planet full of Yodas (Lucas has decided never to give this species a name, probably leaving it to some crappy EU comic or novel.) Why doesn't Yoda go back to his home planet when he stupidly decides to go into exile. The species seems to be force sensitive. Now theres an idea! A planet full of Yoda's kicking ass. I can't wait for the comic book!!!

#43 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:49 PM

I agree. Yaddle was a joke. She looked so stupid with that hair.

#44 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

I know it has been a long time since this thread was updated, but my brother was tormenting me by watching the PT over the last few days!

Where would a "Character I hate most in TPM" be without the three magical, cringe inducing words?

JAR JAR BINKS unsure.gif wacko.gif sick.gif yell.gif

The Queen - what was her true name, anyway? Was it Amidala, Padme or something else altogether? You're running for your LIFE, quit changing your hair, makeup, and clothing every five minutes, dumb shit!

Captain Panaka - don't be so melodramatic! Yes, there is danger. But you're part of the Republic, and don't know Jedi can kick some serious ass? His distrust of the Jedi rang really, really, hollow.

Sebulba - Any particular reason that he sabotages Anakin's pod? Yes, it's established that he cheats, but why is he worried about a rival who has never even finished a race?

Jabba the Hutt - A narcoleptic godfather? HOW did he gain a rep as such a badass don?

The Trade Federation (and whatever species of alien they were supposed to be) as a whole - how is blockading one small planet supposed to do anything? Ever hear of an embargo, refusing to sell things to customers who piss you off? It worked great in the 1970s, during this little thing called the Arab Oil Embargo.

Battle droids - couldn't they have been programmed with targeting software so that they could actually hit their targets?

Droidekas - How were they able to fire through their own deflectors? More to the point, why didn't Qui Gon or Obi Wan use the Force to just yank the power supply to the deflectors in the first place?

Watto - The character was an okay plot device, just a shady low life. My question is, how the hell did that pudgy little booger fly? What is up with the Force Proof head, as Chef so eloquently put it?

Kitster - Anakin's little buddy who has one or two scenes with him and is never seen or mentioned again. No anguish over losing him?

Yoda - The wise, wise master we were introduced to in ESB turns out to be a real putz in his salad days.

Darth Maul - I liked the character, but he was killed off pretty quick after a major buildup. My complaint is more the disappointment factor here.

#45 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:22 AM

milady... biggrin.gif
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size