• +
  • Last »

Girl(ish) Troubles

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:26 PM

Right, so I've been having some trouble as of late with a situation at school where there's this girl, see, and I really likes her, see, and since I'm such a COMPLETE MORON with women, see, I have no idea what to do, and could really use some generalised advice in dealing with what SHOULD (in theory) be a relatively simple situation.

The facts:
  • we talk on a regular basis, as such I've gotten to know her relatively well
  • she appears to enjoy speaking to me
  • but then, who doesn't?
  • she somehow managed to cheer me up after hearing that awful pop version of "Fell In Love With A Girl"
Well? Help?

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:46 PM

Hmmmm. This may not be the ideal place ot look for help in the matter of relationships as we all choose to spend a lot of time on the internet in lieu of human contact.

Do you suspect that she suspects you like her? If so then make her a CD of songs "that you think she'll like". That will give you a good idea of how she feels. You may even recieve the coveted "Awwww that's sweeeet!" award. Making a mix CD is a sure fire way to let someone know that you are interested in them as more than a friend.

Keep in mind that I am, under no circumstances, the person you really want to accept advice from.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:16 PM

I suppose I was thinking in terms of age-related experience and/or general advice. Silly me, I guess.

#4 User is offline   A Mighty Pirate Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:12 PM

Grab a piece of notebook paper.

Grab a Crayon.

Write "Do you like me?"

Then provide two answers

"Yes." "Go to Hell."

And then hand it to her.

BAM! Problem solved.

Holler at ya boy.
Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism.

#5 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:36 PM

We are of course unable to see the world as it really is, capable as we are only of misinterpreting the things we see through the filter of our own ego. So, that said, here's what I think.

Whenever I have had the feeling a girl likes me, I have been right. I therefore think this is the way it works: if you think this girl likes you (in that way), then she has probably given you reason to feel that. Can't say what she has said or done, but if you think it's the case, good odds you're right. So, at this point, any strong positive feedback from you will be good for her. Nate's idea of giving her a homemade present is great. It's not generic enough (like flowers) to be lame, and it's not specific enough (like a photo album of all the places you've ever gone together) to be creepy. It's just the right blend of obvious and casual. It would be nice if it contained some songs you know she likes but doesn't actually own yet, but if you don't know her that well yet, then use your best guesses.

If she doesn't get the idea of the CD (or if you decide not to go that way), then just ask her out, you goof! Say, "Let's do something sometime," and be ready to be as specific as you have to be. Like a movie, or dinner, a walk in the park, or a spontaneous drinking contest. Whatever you think she'd be into, so long as it's not at school. And she'll know exactly why you want it to be out of school; it's an actual committment to spending time together, unlike the prison environment, where friendships are more or less random.

If she doesn't get the idea of doing something together, like if she shows up with a friend, or suggests that she might do that, say "Well, she's welcome along, but won't it be awkward when we start fucking?"

No, forget that last bit. But seriously, sometimes a girl is just way too shy ever to meet you halfway, so you may need to tell her, at some point, "I am coming on to you. It may be more obvious when other guys do it, but just so you know, this is what it looks like when I do it. I like you, in that way, and this is me doing something about it." By the time you have to resort to a measure like that, there's about a 50/50 chance her blindness to your advances has been intentional, to spare your feelings, and that she's not interested after all. If you have to take that step, it's a brave one, and you should know there's a good chance of rejection.

But: you can't win if you don't buy a ticket!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#6 User is offline   Jesus Christ Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:FISHING, CARPENTRY, MARTYRDOM (MORE LIKE MARTYR-DUMB ;))

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:38 PM

IF YOU TAKE GIRL TO CHURCH THEN GOOD RELATIONSHIP FORGED. IF YOU STAY OUT OF CHURCH IT LESS LIKELY BE IMPORTANT GIRL. THINK CHURCH ACT WITH HEART.
I WEPT.

#7 User is offline   Jon Gutner Icon

• The Dairy Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Post icon  Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:53 PM

[QUOTE]=A Mighty Pirate,Feb 9 2004, 03:12 PM]Grab a piece of notebook paper.

Grab a Crayon.

Write "Do you like me?"

Then provide two answers

"Yes." "Go to Hell."

And then hand it to her.

BAM! Problem solved.

Holler at ya boy.[ QUOTE]
[B|][I|][U|][FONT-Times][SIZE-7][COLOR-blue]HA HA HA that is funy !!!! ROTL LOL LOLO ! ROTL TROT LOTL
BLAHMBABAGO!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif :lol laugh.gif :ll: laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:10 PM

so far all the advice sucks! except civ#2, i didn't read it 'cause it looked too long.

wooing is an illusion. either a girl likes you or she doesn't! your approach means nothing (unless it's flaboyantly stupid).

just bring it up in conversation. "so... don't suppose you'd be interested in going out with me" or something as simple as that. if she says no, act like it wasn't that important and say," oh well, just curious." and continue the conversation like nothing happened...

this should result in the least realationship affecting attepmt.

just remember girls are turned off by guys who really really like them. so what ever you do act like it's not that important... cool.gif

#9 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:30 PM

Just be straight with her. Take her out a couple times. Make the dates more intimate as you go along.

Watch her body language. Is she excited to here you on the phone? Do her friends probe you for answers?

I can always tell when to strike. If I like a girl, then I court her around for awhile. Compliment her, buy her flowers----stupid stuff like that they really like! If they keep on taking the cheap gifts, and go out with you on the weekends then chances are she likes you.

You must have some sort of idea? If you are completely in the dark then she is a real card player, poker face extrodinare.

Just toss out the signs and see if she picks up on them. Also I find that confidence is a real bonus. Be straight and confident.

I have a good recent story. Last friday my pals and I were at a night club (the cellar in downtown Vancouver) My pal spots a pretty girl, he goes up tells her she is the most beautiful girl in the club and says he would like to dance with her and whatnot. And bingo, they danced about 4 songs straight thru and then she gave him her number.

Just go for it, you have nothing to loose.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 09 February 2004 - 09:31 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:53 PM

next week: how to remove a bra! tongue.gif

#11 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 11:30 PM

So far, I think Jordan's advice is the best.

Can I do the removing the bra lesson, Barend?! I know how... ohmy.gif

lol
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#12 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 09 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

Just heavily sedate her!
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ Feb 9 2004, 11:30 PM)
So far, I think Jordan's advice is the best.

Can I do the removing the bra lesson, Barend?! I know how... ohmy.gif

lol

yes, in fact send in pics!!!

laugh.gif

#14 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Jesus Christ @ Feb 9 2004, 04:38 PM)
IF YOU TAKE GIRL TO CHURCH THEN GOOD RELATIONSHIP FORGED. IF YOU STAY OUT OF CHURCH IT LESS LIKELY BE IMPORTANT GIRL. THINK CHURCH ACT WITH HEART.

Thanks, J. It means a lot coming from the son of God and all.

#15 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Jesus Christ @ Feb 9 2004, 04:38 PM)

What are you, Jesus? An old Chinese guy?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size