Chefelf.com Night Life: What was the best duel in the saga? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

What was the best duel in the saga? And also what was the worst one?

#1 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:19 AM

Okay so what do you think is the best duel in the saga and also what duel is the worst?

BEST: Luke vs. Vader in ESB (Perfect mood, Luke getting beated and the revelation at the end.)
WORST: Count Dooku duel in AOTC (That duel sucked so much. Even a spoof duel I watched on Jimmy Neutron was funnier.)

Just tell what duels were the ones you liked/hated the most and also write why you like/hate it so much.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#2 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

Hmm, Its a three way tie between,

ESB luke/vader duel---its just plain classic, luke gos in there and acts all cool, then gets taught a lesson.

TPM obi wan/maul---idk just kool i guess

RotS anakin/obi wan---just the thought that this is a master/apprentice fight and the music made it classic

Worst duel..... I would say ANH obi wan/vader but im gonna bring my self to say, Yoda/Palpatin in RotS.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#3 User is offline   andy_k_250 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Star Wars

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jul 6 2005, 03:19 AM)
Okay so what do you think is the best duel in the saga and also what duel is the worst?

BEST: Luke vs. Vader in ESB (Perfect mood, Luke getting beated and the revelation at the end.)
WORST: Count Dooku duel in AOTC (That duel sucked so much. Even a spoof duel I watched on Jimmy Neutron was funnier.)

Just tell what duels were the ones you liked/hated the most and also write why you like/hate it so much.

Tie between ESB and ROTJ.

#4 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony &amp; sarcasm

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:29 PM

Best for action; Vader v Obi-Wan (ROTS)
Worst for action; Vader v Obi-Wan (ANH)

Best for significance; Luke v Vader (ROTJ)
Worst for everything; Yoda v Dooku (AOTC)

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

Jedi is most significant.

Empire has the best pacing.

SW is the most deliberate.

TPM introduces stupid new things.

Clones is effectively forgettable.

Sith. More duels spread too thin.

#6 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:57 PM

Yeah. The ROTS duels were stupid. The only good one was Anakin vs. Obi-Wan because at least it took its time to do it well. I'll review the duels in ROTS:

Dooku duel: A duel at the beggining of the movie? That's stupid. What's most stupid is that Dooku beats the crap out of Obi-Wan (who magically survives) but Ani (who's weaker than Obi-Wan) beats the crap out of Dooku.

Grievous duel: Lucas will pay after what he did to Grievous! What's the point of he having 4 arms if they get cut in 30 seconds? And then he dies in a stupid way! GAWD DAMN IT LUCAS!

Palpatine duel: This is the most STUPID of all! Why have 3 more Jedi if they lat like 15 seconds? They could have only Mace. And then Palpatine and those MORONIC faces!

Eye-Candy duel: This duel was total eye-candy. It was totally useless to the plot and that time should have been used to develop the transition of Anakin to the dark side.

Anakin duel: This duell was great. It took its time and had emotion. The only bad thing is too many BRIGHT special effects that hurt your eyes after a while.

#7 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

THe only part of the anakin/obi wan duel was the silly things they were standing on in the lava.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:34 PM

best duel: pregnant Padme -v- Anakin.

#9 User is offline   DarthTherion Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jul 6 2005, 10:34 PM)
best duel: pregnant Padme -v- Anakin.

Ahahahaha. I like the way you think, barend. Impressive...most impressive.

#10 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:26 AM

But that duel was full of horribly acting by Natalie Portman...

Example:
Anakin, you're breaking my heart!

I hate that line. :angry:

#11 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 08 July 2005 - 01:33 AM

Duels - Does anyone notice that the ESB and ROTJ duels are episodic, and actually quite short - because of this they don't drag at the film.
Meanwhile, Dooku in Clones takes all the lessons of how to build a succesful duel and ruins all of them - there are no other scenes to cut to since the clones have already mashed the battle droids into pulp and the termites have finished telling the audience that they are building the Death Star - and so we get weighed down with a duel after which there is a duel and then finally a duel.
ROTS takes the idea of putting a lightsaber duel at the end of a film and then produces the greatest volume of lightsaber duelling ever. And while Dooku's battle in Clones is terrible, that's nothing next to Palpatine's Spinning Geriatric Torpedo Attack and his capering is so bad that Yoda's Super Grover doesn't seem that bad.
To summarise - ESB and ROTJ for best, Dooku in AOTC and Palps in ROTS for worst.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size