Chefelf.com Night Life: Umm.. Locking threads randomly? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Umm.. Locking threads randomly?

#46 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

Shuuuuuut uuuuuuuuup!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#47 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:24 AM

Oh, was that a secret? Heh.

#48 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

God you guys are so into pointless semantics and definitions that are irrelevent.

The bottom line is, if a debate is done properly where both people are seeking there hardest to prove there point (and in turn "defeat" the opposing argument) but still will admit defeat when defeated than it is fine.

NEWAY though, the thread was fine, was locked for no reason, you guys are backing it cause of some random attempt to show respect for a mod. The iran thread should of been locked if anything before the other one on the grounds that he locked that one, so it was clear it was completely arbitrary.

When someone can point out why that thread was removed as opposed to the others ill stop ranting on this. Which was the point from the very beginning till people who had no idea on the situation tagged along.

#49 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

Oh! look at the little angry man stamping his foot at the thread drift.

The fact that this thread drifted shows that quite frankly no-one but you cares. We're here to enjoy ourselves, and although you're delightfully crackpot conspiracy theorys fall into that catagory. My vote of confidence in Slade is based on the entire time I've been on this board. Slade offered you the chance to appeal to Chefelf but you declined claiming further bias. If you think all the admin team are against you then it would make sense just to shut up and deal with it.

I still stand by my arguement that your actions in this entire thread stand as nothing more than a laughable attempt at rabble rousing.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#50 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:53 AM

I've given you reasons and even didn't feel like hearing you bitch more if I interrupted you and JM in the former Iran thread so I let that slide. But do stop whining, it's rather unbecoming.

#51 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jul 14 2005, 09:32 PM)
Oh! look at the little angry man stamping his foot at the thread drift.

The fact that this thread drifted shows that quite frankly no-one but you cares. We're here to enjoy ourselves, and although you're delightfully crackpot conspiracy theorys fall into that catagory.  My vote of confidence in Slade is based on the entire time I've been on this board.  Slade offered you the chance to appeal to Chefelf but you declined claiming further bias. If you think all the admin team are against you then it would make sense just to shut up and deal with it.

I still stand by my arguement that your actions in this entire thread stand as nothing more than a laughable attempt at rabble rousing.

People on this forums honestly, no offense don't read. It's clear to me now. I mean they just don't read posts at all.

I never claimed a "conspiracy".. i dont think he locked the thread because of spite for me, i think he locked the the thread simply from poor judgement/"modsmanship". As for the chefelf thing, yet another no conspiracy but just common sense. When one mod makes a decision, he can give virtually any reason because its HIS opinion and usually higher ups just won't disagree unless its something blatent.

I've made NO argument in this thread, i'm not arguing, im ASKING a question, on WHY the thread was locked vs other threads in this forums that arent. It still hasn't been answered because morons like you keep popping up with bullshit that is irrelevent. I tried to be civil but you guys honestly don't know how to read posts and make general assumptions outto ur ass.

#52 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:01 AM

Just because we're mods doesn't mean we don't disagree. I've already told you why, you can scroll up or go back a page or two to find it. If you don't like moderator decisions, either ask someone higher up, stop whining, or leave. I'm fairly easygoing as mods come, and I don't just wantonly ban threads. I am human and make mistakes, and I'll hold myself accountable if it's deemed they are made. But you seem to be the only person who had a problem with it.

#53 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:27 AM

Actually quite a few people have agreed with me that the thread should not of been locked (but i guess you'd have to scroll up for that wouldn't you).

As for the reason given, all I can see is this:

But if I simply must state an explicit reason here for something I do, lest everybody run around yelling something like "FACIST! ADMIT IT!", what little intelligence was in that thread had degraded into Renegade and JM shouting at one another and various other people cheering them on from the sidelines. And that was after it had calmed down for 20 posts or so. Throw in some flaming, endless repetition, mix all together in a shaker, add ice and serve DELORTED with a dash of .

Your first assertion is that the thread had become me and JM shouting while others cheered on. I don't see how it was "shouting" but how is that different from other threads and why would it be locked if simply only a few people were debating?

Flaming? Where was there more flaming in that thread than any other? I never made a personal attack on the guy nor did he of me that I took offense to...

Repetition? Wtf? Don't even know where you got that so I can't comment.

This is what I think REALLY happened ... you looked at the threads, noticed it was two people vehemently arguing and decided oh this is too much arguing for my taste i'm gonna delete it (even though nobody had complained and nobody had been feeling flamed) even though it was IN the debate forum. I'd also like to point out how you still haven't given me a reason or example to how that thread was any different from the Iran thread or any other given thread in the forums that actually involves people legitimatly debating rather than spamming stupid jokes like "LETS HAVE THE OLYPMICS IN IRAQ OGMOGMOGMG BLOW SHIT UP YAAAAA". I think the real problem with this debate forum was that it never WAS debate to begin with. Most of the threads i see are people just agreeing with everything said or just joking around bout useless shit like oh should we rob Trump. Finally a thread came about with someone disagreeing with the mainstream of the users here and it was perceieved as "flaming" rather than what this forum was made for: debate. That's just my analysis of it though..

This post has been edited by Renegade: 15 July 2005 - 02:31 AM

#54 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Renegade @ Jul 15 2005, 06:20 AM)
People on this forums honestly, no offense don't read. It's clear to me now. I mean they just don't read posts at all.

I never claimed a "conspiracy".. i dont think he locked the thread because of spite for me, i think he locked the the thread simply from poor judgement/"modsmanship".

Do you ever remember what you type?

the thread was fine, was locked for no reason, you guys are backing it cause of some random attempt to show respect for a mod.

Sarcasm? Mockery? Wordplay? You don't need to mention a specific word for intentions to be clear, but of course a mod like you deals with this sort of thing every day.

Actually quite a few people have agreed with me that the thread should not of been locked.

Same again. Do you even realise when people are taking the piss?

I've made NO argument in this thread, i'm not arguing, im ASKING a question, on WHY the thread was locked vs other threads in this forums that arent.

Slade's given you reasons, you just don't seem to like them. As he said; accept them or go higher up, because otherwise you just present the impression of being a posturing moron.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#55 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:46 AM

Renegade - I'm a mod. I was on your side in this (if you'll recall), and I argued your case to Slade and other mods privately because I don't like uneccessary deletions and I'm pretty anti-authoritarian. You know what, though? Getting real sick of your complaining. This isn't even about your stupid thread anymore, it's about you not wanting to be fucked over by a mod in some stupid power struggle. Anyone else who did agree with you about the thread deletion has long since stopped caring.

Get the fuck over it.

#56 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jul 15 2005, 05:12 AM)
Do you ever remember what you type?
Sarcasm? Mockery? Wordplay? You don't need to mention a specific word for intentions to be clear, but of course a mod like you deals with this sort of thing every day.
Same again. Do you even realise when people are taking the piss?
Slade's given you reasons, you just don't seem to like them. As he said; accept them or go higher up, because otherwise you just present the impression of being a posturing moron.

That was painful to read. No need for a rebuttal except in a few lines: I do remember what I type and again I never accused him of locking the thread because of personal issues.

People taking the piss? They simply they thought the thread shouldn't of been locked... read up maybe you can read the phrase "I don't agree" or something of that nature and maybe you'll deduce the same thing i did.

His reason is like saying, "I found it inappropriate". It's a meaningless statement.. you could say about ANY thread because its totally in the eye of the beholder. When I said reason i meant an ACTUAL example or some form of differentiation between that thread and every other thread

#57 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Rhubarb @ Jul 15 2005, 07:46 AM)
Renegade - I'm a mod. I was on your side in this (if you'll recall), and I argued your case to Slade and other mods privately because I don't like uneccessary deletions and I'm pretty anti-authoritarian. You know what, though? Getting real sick of your complaining. This isn't even about your stupid thread anymore, it's about you not wanting to be fucked over by a mod in some stupid power struggle. Anyone else who did agree with you about the thread deletion has long since stopped caring.

Get the fuck over it.

Power struggle..?

Is everyone here like literally incompetent. The point isn't me or him in particular, its just a matter of WHY WAS A THREAD LOCKED. I'm getting tired of you guys just spamming bullshit now though so I'll actually file a complaint so I can get a reason besides, "it was repetetive/flaming". Though I doubt anything will happen since you supposidly backed me and failed... proving my point that threads that get locked/closed are virtually gone for good 99.9% of the time.

#58 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Renegade @ Jul 6 2005, 12:06 AM)
I really have no idea what that howard dean thread was locked. Nobody was spamming/flaming at all.... it was just a normal discussion/debate going. Nice way of overusing your powers as a mod though...

Especially from someone who quote unquote thinks America is imperialistic and thinks Bush is a tyrant. OH THE IRONY  thumbsup.gif

Give it to EM!!!!
GOOOOOOO Bushy!!!!!!

#59 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Renegade @ Jul 15 2005, 05:17 PM)
Power struggle..?

Is everyone here like literally incompetent. The point isn't me or him in particular, its just a matter of WHY WAS A THREAD LOCKED.

He's throwing a tanrum now, Look he's using caps. turning purple and hyperventalating!

EDIT:Detrolled a little

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 15 July 2005 - 05:38 PM

IPB Image

#60 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

Alright, I have 3 simple solutions

Either

1)Delete this thread
2)Ban Renegade
3)Bring back the first thread. You know, the one we're arguing about.

Or any combination of the above.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 15 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked