• (3 Pages)
  • +

Happy Fourth of July

#16 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

Funny enough, much though most of citizens in this country love USA and despite politicians who simply ADORE Uncle Sam (read: lick its arse) no media coverage of the event in question is ever forthcoming.

What did I do? Played more KOTOR.
Good guys - American accent
Bad guys - English accent (except of Bastila, that is)

*side note - a friend of mine gave me The Beach to read. The most noticabe change the film made with respect to the book is that the main good character was made American rather than English (the narrator) and the main bad character (Sal) was made English - originally American.*

#17 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:20 AM

We make such good villians here in blighty it would be a crime to waste us on a hero. devil.gif
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#18 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

It's all in the accent, I think. According to Hollywood, English accents are good for butlers, villains, ultra-suave cool guys, and lovable chimneysweeps.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#19 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jul 5 2005, 07:38 AM)
What did I do? Played more KOTOR.
Good guys - American accent
Bad guys - English accent (except of Bastila, that is)

SPOILERS OF KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC!!! ohmy.gif

But Bastila goes to the dark side in KOTOR and if you finish with the dark side ending, she remains dark side. Maybe her accent was really a clue that she was going to the dark side?

This post has been edited by SithAvenger: 05 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#20 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jul 5 2005, 11:55 PM)
SPOILERS OF KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC!!!  ohmy.gif

Oh for god's sake. It's not like you can't see it coming from the bloody beginning anyway.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#21 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Kirby @ Jul 5 2005, 06:23 AM)
Ahh yes, Fourth of July, the holiday where we sacrifice gunpowder to the patron saint of blowing up stuff. So how did your holiday go?

And for our international friends, tell us about some of your adventures with comercial explosives.

Pyromania compels you devil.gif

We don't have comercial explosives here, unless you count a can of deoderant. My day consisted getting up at midday, playing video games all day, then going to sleep.

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jul 6 2005, 07:55 AM)
But Bastila goes to the dark side in KOTOR and if you finish with the dark side ending, she remains dark side. Maybe her accent was really a clue that she was going to the dark side?

But Bastilla is voiced by the same person who plays Mazzy in Shadows of Amn, as well as the divine spirit in Lionheart, both of whom I can't imagine doing anything evil.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#22 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Jul 5 2005, 06:45 PM)
And to think this whole holiday is to celebrate winning our independence from you guys...is it too late to come back?

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jul 5 2005, 07:08 PM)
Amazingly that fact is completely missed by 90% of this country, so we have to put up with stars and stripes everywhere for the day.

Personally, Laughly, I would have thought your seperation from America is a good reason to celebrate.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#23 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jul 5 2005, 06:55 PM)

I am a bit confused - who is guilty of spoilers, you or me? unsure.gif
I haven't finished KOTOR yet, so I have no idea. It just struck me from the very begininng that it might be a clue that she might turn evil, but then I remembered it's no rule, becuase Obi-Wan also has an English accent.

But if she does, then there you go smile.gif

#24 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:25 AM

I'm pretty sure that SA thought it was an evil spoiler, even though you just suggested that bastila was evil. Hence the ' ohmy.gif '
SA on the otherhand proceeded to spill the beans and give away the ending for which we would use use the colour changing or spoiler tags, should anyone lack the ability to do this please start all spoiler relate material with the words; 'I'M A FUCKING MORON!'

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jul 6 2005, 04:05 AM)
Personally, Laughlyn, I would have thought your seperation from America is a good reason to celebrate.

Aye, but by waving the union jack and eating haggis, not by forcing american culture down our throughts for a day.

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jul 6 2005, 04:05 AM)
But Bastilla is voiced by the same person who plays Mazzy in Shadows of Amn, as well as the divine spirit in Lionheart, both of whom I can't imagine doing anything evil.

As far as I can tell J Hale, the lady in possessing the voice in question, hasn't ever voiced an evil character. closest she got was that russian vampire in QFG, and that crazy rumour that she provides Ivys voice in soul caliber 2.
IPB Image

#25 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:42 PM

I love voice actor trivia. It's great watching something, recognising a voice, then trying to work out where I know it from.

#26 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:03 AM

I'd like to say thanks alot, dicks, for ruining the ending for me. I've had a game going at my friend's house, I'm ready to go to the StarForge: Scoundrel-Sentinel is a perfect character for me to play.

On my Fourth I rode from Maryland to New York, rented Alien Hominid and a dreadful sci-fi movie and saw one firework on the way home from Blockbuster.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#27 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

I was touring Boston and I didn't watch thier fireworks display because, really, fireworks aren't fun in you're not blowing them up.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#28 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:29 PM

They are if you have someone special to watch them with. But otherwise, it's all about making things explode.

#29 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

And what exactly is wrong with explosions? Hollywood film makers have been using peoples love of watching explosions as a hook for years.
IPB Image

#30 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:50 AM

No, explosions are a good thing!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size