• +
  • « First

Death Penalty The waif said let there be a topic

#61 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Patrick Bateman @ Jul 10 2005, 12:13 AM)
I know that stuff I wrote about Nixon seems like conspiracy bullshit ( and no I am not one of those people who think that Nixon was in with anyone on JFK's assaniation but I will try and find the details of the Kissinger Biography that those claims are in. Give me a second here ...

This is a direct transcript from a book by Christopher Hitchens a noted author and columnist for the New Yorker among others. Now this does not of course mean it is true but it is definitely not a rumour, some vitriol from a talkback caller or a quick hack job from a journalistic dropout. This guy is for real as are his credentials. The book, which I definitely recommend is called The Trial of Henry Kissinger.

"Here is the secret in plain words. In the fall of 1968, Richard Nixon and some of his emissaries and underlings set out to sabotage the Paris peace negotiations on Vietnam. The means they chose were simple: they privately assured the South Vietnamese military rulers that an incoming Republican regime would offer them a better deal than would a Democratic one. In this way, they undercut both the talks themselves and the electoral strategy of Vice-President Hubert Humphrey. The tactic "worked," in that the South Vietnamese junta withdrew from the talks on the eve of the election, thereby destroying the "peace plank" on which the Democrats had contested it. In another way, it did not "work," because four years later the Nixon administration concluded the war on the same terms that had been on offer in Paris. The reason for the dead silence that still surrounds the question is that, in those intervening four years, some twenty thousand Americans and an uncalculated number of Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians lost their lives. Lost them, that is to say, even more pointlessly than had those slain up to that point. The impact of those four years on Indochinese society, and on American democracy, is beyond computation. The chief beneficiary of the covert action, and of the subsequent slaughter, was Henry Kissinger."

What a nice bunch of chaps, that's the guy you defend ... I'd like to hear your critique of Stalin sometime

1.7 million Cambodians were also slaughtered in the wake of us leaving because of the emergence of the communist party there, so while us being there cost hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives, so did not being there.

#62 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:29 AM

If we had been there we'd have used bombers and indiscriminant fire to put down the communists and more people would have died.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#63 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jul 14 2005, 10:29 AM)
If we had been there we'd have used bombers and indiscriminant fire to put down the communists and more people would have died.

#64 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jul 14 2005, 07:07 PM)

I've lost my arguing cap!

Jane says:
'Have you seen my wig around?
I feel naked without it'
She knows
They all want her to go
But that's ok man
She don't like them anyway...

that's my story i'm stickin' to it

#65 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jul 14 2005, 10:29 AM)

Atleast we'd be fighting for something, not arbitrarily killing people at whim.

#66 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Apathy.

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

About Che Guevara: That number I used before, 1,897 people, is how many people Che put to death without trial after Fidel Castro took over and Che became his personal beatstick. And if he had the resources he would've killed more. The betrayal of Che Guevara was not "killed due to treachery", but an outbreak of common sense from those around him. Che was a maniac in the same way as Mao Tse-tung, Josef Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Ho Chi-Minh all were.

#67 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:12 PM

i think we should kill people who can't follow the simple rules of being a padestrian...

#68 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:29 AM

Rules like "Get the fuck out of the way of cars!"?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#69 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Apathy.

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:00 PM

Bah. I'm too busy jaywalking to cross the road correctly.

#70 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:12 PM

You'd better watch yourself, I almost got fined 100$ for jaywalking when I visited DC. Just my luck to cross on a redlight when a piggy was nearby. Thankfully, I play the completely unaware part well, so I snaked out of it. But oh, how I wanted to tell him off for that ticket...

#71 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

no, i mean padestrians should mimck the nature of the traffic in their country.

-if you drive on the left, you walk on the left.
-escalators stand to left, walk on right.
-do not overtake someone on pathway of ill girth unless you intend to maintain a faster pace.
-groups in busy thoroughfares should refrain from exceeding duelfile formation.
-if pushing a pram, stand next to it when stopping to look in a shop window, not behind it so that you consume the entire path.
-do not play 'chicken' with that john belushi looking muthafucker in the trenchcoat walking up martin place, he was not put on this earth to bagua-step around your inconsiderate ass and will take it personally and fuck you up!!!

jesus, if it get's to the point that we have to start painting fucking lanes on foot paths i'm going to kill people!

This post has been edited by barend: 21 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

#72 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:56 PM

Oh! I see that a lot. On the rare occasion I go to a mall no one maintains any kind or order at all. Normally I revel in chaos, but not when I'm trying to go some place and people are walking five across and going the wrong way down a side of the hallway. Makes me stabby.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size