• (5 Pages)
  • +

Death Penalty The waif said let there be a topic

#31 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

Personally, i dont believe in the death sentence. but if we have to have it , it should be done right. Kill them the excact way they killed their victim. Molestors should be molested themselves.(although id hate to be the guy with that job.)
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#32 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jul 5 2005, 05:35 PM)
Personally, i dont believe in the death sentence. but if we have to have it , it should be done right. Kill them the excact way they killed their victim. Molestors should be molested themselves.(although id hate to be the guy with that job.)

Well, if you want to kill in the exact same way that they murdered their victim... it would fucking painful for guys getting their punishment for rape.

#33 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Jul 5 2005, 12:45 PM)
Well, if you want to kill in the exact same way that they murdered their victim... it would fucking painful for guys getting their punishment for rape.
well, yah thats the idea, they need to suffer. but of course i dont believe in such things.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#34 User is offline   kdogg Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jul 5 2005, 01:35 PM)

I'm sure you could find an inmate to volunteer for the molesting job.

#35 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (kdogg @ Jul 5 2005, 08:49 PM)
I'm sure you could find an inmate to volunteer for the molesting job.

Or you could call Super Mario over there. Hehe! innocent.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#36 User is offline   Patrick Bateman Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

I have to say, as opposed to the death penalty as I am Ham Solo or whoever has some points, presented in far less of a frothy mouthed spew as supporters of the Death Penalty usually employ.

In the end perhaps, there is a fine line between justification and hypocricy, and to put someone to death for killing just seems ... well without seeming too hippy-like, it just seems wrong.

#37 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:38 AM

What's wrong with being hippy-like? I'll admit that expecting people to unite under peace, love, and music is absurly idealistic for humanity even a thousand years from now (assuming we haven't killed eachother off by then), but there's nothing wrong with admiting that it's a stupid policy. And I have a kickass tie-died shirt.

Ham Salad: You don't need to constantly cut Hoffmarn down, you know. There are other people to yell at. And for the record, when he's saying something that seems stupid and ignorant, he's often just being sarcastic. Lighten up, if you please.

JM: Something about "IMAGE CONSCIOUS KILLER VAGINAS!!!!!" tickled my funny bone.

Edit: (sp?)

This post has been edited by Slade: 06 July 2005 - 01:39 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#38 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

Wow.

Well, I don't agree with the Death Penalty; not because I care too too much about the possible accidental executions, but because a ) it does not deter crime, and b ) the possibility of a mistake extends the legal process and weighs more heavily the burden of proof. The practical effect being that trials take longer, appeals are easier to get, and more guilty avoid sentencing. That and it costs the legal system hundreds of millions of dollars more than a system of life sentencing.

All that said, if I found someone doing harm to someone I loved, I would make a tie from the skin on their back, and tattoo their face on it, so that when their brothers and sisters met me, they would see their loved one one last time before they died. But hey, who here wouldn't? innocent.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#39 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:20 PM

Unfortunately, I know all to well, if something happens to you or a member of your family, its very difficult not to take that point of view.

#40 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:37 PM

Ham Salad- The international criminal court would work based on a treaty signed by all member nations, ensuring that they'll turn over anyone guilty to the court. And aside from war time I don't think even the U.S. could convince it's citizens that the ENTIRE WORLD was against the country, literally. And once someone has been found guilty by the ICC it's likely that they're already disliked enough that noone's going to want to keep them in power.

Can you really picture that many Americans sobbing as Richard Nixon is led away to the gallows? I can, as long as the word dancing replaces sobbing.

Now as for being everything that's wrong with the world, that's true, and I apologize for being everything that's wrong with the world. I'll try to stop now that you've pointed it out.

The other thing that makes me laugh about the death penalty is the bullet proof vests. That just seems like being a prick. "NOONE but us is going to kill this guy. We TOTALLY have dibs on it so hands off, Pikey!"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#41 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Apathy.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:25 AM

J m Hoffman, you're the Che Guevara lover, right? Well feast your eyes on this Che quote...

"To send men to the firing squad, judicial proof is unnecessary. These procedures are an archaic bourgeois detail. This is a revolution! And a revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate. We must create the pedagogy of the paredon (The Wall)!"

Now, if you support Che, it seems to me that it is therefore hypocritical to hate the death penalty. Not that I support it, though. I'm not an insane asshat lefty murderer like Che Guevara.

#42 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:29 AM

Oh, and the Ricard Nixon hate? I'd be more against someone who personally sent 1,897 men to the firing squad than a political cheat.

#43 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:44 AM

1.) Oh dear gods, we're not Christian fundamentalists, I don't think JM takes Che's every single word as if it were set in granite.

2.) OK, maybe not, but sticking surveilence equipment in your political opponents' offices is still a pretty fucked up thing to do if you're the President of the USfreakingA.

Also, you made a very funny quote about knights that I used in my sig a while ago, kudos on that.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#44 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

Thankyou. Being funny is always more fun when people call attention to it.

Also, I don't intend to imply that he follows Che like a dog on a leash, but I just want him to consider the kind of man he respects.

#45 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:10 AM

I use to be for the death penelty. Now I think it's rubbish. I'm not sure why so many people want it around. Is it really justice? What if you kill an innocent man? then what? I think life in jail is worse. Imagine it, stuck in a cell, getting rapped, eating shit food, not having a girlfriend, not being able to play Rome Total War or even chat on the internet.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size