Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Misc. Observations...... minor things add to my hatred of ROTS

#1 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

Minor things I hate about ROTS that don't warrant a full discussion, but act as visual Chinese water torture upon reflection:

The way Palpatine gets knocked back by Yoda across the room into his chair with his booted legs up. It just looks so odd. You could almost see Steve the bouncer/bodyguard from the Jerry Springer show start to come onscreen to break him and Yoda up, with taunts of :Excuse me.." and "Oh don't go there"

The miners on the mining asteroid which only seem to be employed to look at the medi center where Padme is going to give birth to the OT. Maybe they're hoping that their pleas for the Jedi to eliminate the annoying medi droids have finally come true so they can resume life inside again.

"Deactivate the driod army". No point in augmenting the Clone Troopers. Granted, the Duck like droids weren't good fighters, but they were good cannon fodder, they'd provide at least one Wilhelm scream from a Rebel Alliance member for every 20 lost. Just let them float there in space, hoping the Rebellion doesn't get ahold of them and use them somehow, or the Jawas come across this bounty and use the money from selling them to buy a Death Star of their own. Utinni indeed.....

The X-Wing precurser with S-foils in attack position that reveals winglets which seem to have no practical use. No added protection or weapons. Wonderful move.

That wedge shaped ship Anakin uses to go from the Jedi Council chambers to Palpatine's HQ. It looks as if it were designed on the back of a cocktail napkin. He has a pretty cool ride in ATOC in comparison, and now that he's gonna be a family man, he settles for the sensible minivan wedgie.

#2 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Apathy.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

If we're going for visual things we hate, it's hard to go past Vader's Frankenstein-like lurch.

#3 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:02 PM

I think that horrible inverted zeppelin-like Grievous's starship suck.

And the stilized clooners... are they cousins of the Abyss ETs?

And there was something wrong with the ever-combed hair of Obi-Wan.

I did't like at all the idea of that fakes Queen Amidala's doubles walking all over. It's confusing or i'm an idiot or both? (don't answer please)

#4 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jun 30 2005, 11:33 PM)
The way Palpatine gets knocked back by Yoda across the room into his chair with his booted legs up. It just looks so odd. You could almost see Steve the bouncer/bodyguard from the Jerry Springer show start to come onscreen to break him and Yoda up, with taunts of :Excuse me.." and "Oh don't go there"

I've been waiting for someone to mention that! To me that looked like something you'd see as a joke on Late Night With Conan O'Brien. It looked as though the Emperor was doing a comical fall over the back of his chair as a guest on The yoda Show.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#5 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:06 AM

If you live on a planet that's practically all city, traavelling around in ships between buildings as you please seems illogical and a waste of resources especially when you factor in the traffic lining up to go offworld and the ones arriving from space from further parts. Anakin's in between buildings wedgie ship looks as if it were taken out of the wastepaper basket of the design team of the OT after a long holiday weekend with an open bar. I can understand the need for the Jedi to have a priority on specialty transport, but that little doozie of a number cried out "Look at me! I'm a Jedi!" as he zipped towards Palpatine's HQ. Hell, even Bail Organa had a cooler ship, based on the front end of a Tucker car supposedly seen outside of the Skywalker Ranch. If Lucas showed Anakin turning to the Dark Side because he'd get a sweeter ride, it would be more believable than what transpired onscreen.

As for the Emperor's dopey backfall into his chair, this scene loks as if everyone got sick of working on the film and went with whatever was on hand to throw in and get the thing finished and out of sight. Its the dopiest fall by a SW character, very Jar-Jar-esque. I hope it finds its way into the nit picks somehow. Its like watching a sitcom where you see shoddy furniture and you know that the vase is for breaking over someone's head, the chair breaks over someone's back, the balsa wood doors get ripped off the hinges......

#6 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jul 3 2005, 02:01 AM)
I've been waiting for someone to mention that!  To me that looked like something you'd see as a joke on Late Night With Conan O'Brien.  It looked as though the Emperor was doing a comical fall over the back of his chair as a guest on The yoda Show.

UNLIIIIMITED POWA-A-A-AAAHHH! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by showmethemoney: 03 July 2005 - 11:39 AM

#7 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

And let me add the fact that at least two Naboo Queens post Padme/Amadala have used her as a rep to the Republic whereas she did that job when the shale hit the fan in TPM. So they need someone like her to live in a kickin' apartment on the Naboo payroll.

Another thing, the younger Tarkin looks like a bad backround character from the Planet of the Apes franchise. Maybe constructing the Death Star was a way to get back at his classmates for not inviting him to the intergalactic prom, which was most likely held on Alderaan.

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

Well, he's giving up some kind of life with friends in order to hang out with the big guys on the bridge. I guess he knows what he's doing.

I'd have liked to have found out he was Wedge's Uncle, AND Kittster's cousin.

#9 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

Looking for minor things i found lot of them to be related to the droids.

The Vulture-Droids make Cuack! Cuaaack! before take flight.
When R2 hit a super-battledroid in the hand, it says OUCH!
The skinny-trooper droids run like chicken when the jedis start the massacre in Grievous's ship.
You can allmost hear the poor doids: Not me, i'm married with childrens!

First I wonder why the republic didn't build their own droid army. R2 and C3Po seems to be very competent, and they let the droids to assist the childbirths.
Then i understood that the army droids are worst pilot, lousy warriors, less resistent, less inteligent, and more cowars than any other creature in the PT.
Then they go for the clones.
but te clones fall down easily aginst the Ewoks!
(We must admit that the stormtroopers in the PT are an improvement over the OT ones)

The perfect solution: Ewoks clone-cyborgs! (with all R2 gadgets)
Coool!

This post has been edited by showmethemoney: 03 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

#10 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

The ultimate warrior: The Cyborg-Ewok

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size