Chefelf.com Night Life: One Batman Begins Nitpick - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

One Batman Begins Nitpick (but a *very* good movie it was)

#1 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

Saw the movie yesterday and found it really great.
I was kind of "afraid" of it, as i found the other ones pretty average... and being a Batman fan (not a fanatic), I was waiting for a a decent batmovie to come along.

Soooo... just *one* little thing I would like to ask y'all:

The microwave cannon, I think, worked like your basic microwave oven... that is, by heating water (until eventually vaporizing it), like the movie depicted.

My doubt is, why didn't it heat the water the human body contains?!
You know, like when those crazy mommas put their babies in the microwave and they go "Kshhhhhhhh-boiled".
That was odd, because it heated and vaporized the piped water almost instantly, but didn't seem to affect at all the people near the pipes.

Maybe the cannon "shot" directly to the pipes or something like that.
I didn't really noticed that being mentioned... maybe because I was too entertained with the movie and only thought of this afterwards! wink.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, I was wondering that too. It apparently f'ed up the ship it was on pretty badly; seemed to me like it was supposed to go out it a radius. I think the Wayne Industry defense branch missed it's calling building dehumidifiers.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jun 24 2005, 09:43 PM)
Yeah, I was wondering that too. It apparently f'ed up the ship it was on pretty badly; seemed to me like it was supposed to go out it a radius. I think the Wayne Industry defense branch missed it's calling building dehumidifiers.

I do guess the movie would be a tad slower if almost everyone got to be a human hotdog. rolleyes.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

or faster...

yeah, that little detail was on my mind while watching the film, but i decided to let it go, as it was one unexplained thing in a movie that was awsome...

unlike some other films we often discuss...

#5 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

I noticed that too, but I don't care sometimes about nitpicks if the movie rocks.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

tell that to star wars geeks who are working arounf the clock to make up excuses for george lucas!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size